Torquay United SOS (TUST submit bid to buy TUFC) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Torquay United SOS (TUST submit bid to buy TUFC)

bodspafc

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Aug 8, 2005
Bristol
For anyone in any doubt, have a watch of the last fans forum, online, no fans present. Read between the lines and ask if yourself if you believe in these people, that they are trustworthy etc.

Can you contact some podcasts to try to get some publicity too? For example the Price of Football might be interested in running a piece on Torquay. The more clubs and awareness there is out there, the better. I didn't know any of this until seeing your post on here.
Good luck, it would be great to see Torquay back in the league in the future.

Reactions: SurreyJanner

LittleAmerica

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Feb 17, 2022
Can you contact some podcasts to try to get some publicity too? For example the Price of Football might be interested in running a piece on Torquay. The more clubs and awareness there is out there, the better. I didn't know any of this until seeing your post on here.
Good luck, it would be great to see Torquay back in the league in the future.
Thank you, i've reached out to them

• Applaud
Reactions: bodspafc
Mar 24, 2019
It always amazes me that these scumbags choose football stadiums for their property development plans ..surely there is other land available that doesn’t come with the vitriol of thousands of loyal deep rooted football fans to deal with …it’s almost as if they’re looking for trouble and want to be despised

LittleAmerica

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Feb 17, 2022
It always amazes me that these scumbags choose football stadiums for their property development plans ..surely there is other land available that doesn’t come with the vitriol of thousands of loyal deep rooted football fans to deal with …it’s almost as if they’re looking for trouble and want to be despised
Sociopaths get a kick out of causing other people misery. If they can do well without causing upset, it's not the same for them, the dupers delight smirk doesn't get a chance to shine.

Reactions: doozer

LittleAmerica

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Feb 17, 2022
OK, I'm aware this may come over as heartless, what I'm aiming for is a qualified low level of sympathy.

Not for the situation you understand, malevolent owners are a universal enemy.

No, it was the earlier comment about yesterday's protest amounting to 'a dozen teenagers and a sheet with a message on it'. WTF?

If Gulls fans as a whole are largely apathetic to the situation and aren't protesting in numbers, aren't seemingly getting vexed about someone ****ing up their club... why should anyone else?... why try and garner 'flying pickets' from other clubs when those most directly affected are largely muttering a collective "meh"?

Yes Albion stood by us and God bless every one of 'em... but we were already flippin' livid and completely mobilised for the fight ourselves. There is a huge difference.

We were approaching/in administration without a pot to p155 in... resource wise Torquay are a big fish in a small pond, they have the second highest gates. Their ON FIELD 'woes' are not for the want of relative resources. They've come down as a full time squad with a superior attitude over their part time newly aquired peers... who have been running rings round them.

Its harsh, the ownership situation is just plain wrong. But they are architects of their own problems on the pitch and just like charity... protest begins at home.

Come back and ask again for my assistance when you've done some hard yards yourselves. You've not raised so much as a single pitchfork yet... let alone an angry mob.
Appreciate your point, but i'd counter argue that our situation is not the same as yours was.
Osborne is a very smooth and slippery operator, he follows a Modus Operandi time and again. This method includes many forms of distraction, smoke and mirrors, greasing palms of local press and councillors for easy whitewashing interviews etc.
He ensures to bring early success on the pitch alongside empty promises of new stadia all the while systematically creeping very slowly towards his true goal.

All this makes it very difficult to get to the crux of the matter and causes a lot of division and discussion in the fanbase and on the terraces. This is how he gets away with it.

Your situation was in your face apparent that if something wasn't done immediately, the club was going to fold. Our situation is different in that, we can carry on slowly crumbling, but the club isn't about to fold tomorrow, and so therefore it is harder to galvanise the same sense of urgency across the fanbase.

In asking for assistance from Argyle supporters, the intention is to show those apathetic (Torquay fans) ones who still can't see what's going on, the seriousness of the situation and to raise the stakes considerably.

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2017
Ipplepen
I wholeheartedly agree that something needs to be done to save the club, my main concern is that Osborne has injected over £4 million to keep the club afloat. Who would want to invest that kind of money to not only buy him out, but also to bankroll the club that seams to constantly run at a loss?

LittleAmerica

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Feb 17, 2022
I wholeheartedly agree that something needs to be done to save the club, my main concern is that Osborne has injected over £4 million to keep the club afloat. Who would want to invest that kind of money to not only buy him out, but also to bankroll the club that seams to constantly run at a loss?
Bankruptcy and a Phoenix club may well be our only option. We have to ensure the stadium remains in place to make that work. Until Clark Osborne is gone we are stuck in limbo unable to move forward and slowly being killed off.

Also, I would question the legitimacy of his financial injections, we have seen no proof of his cash injections or the poor financial viability of running the club without him in place.

bodspafc

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Aug 8, 2005
Bristol
Bankruptcy and a Phoenix club may well be our only option. We have to ensure the stadium remains in place to make that work. Until Clark Osborne is gone we are stuck in limbo unable to move forward and slowly being killed off.

Also, I would question the legitimacy of his financial injections, we have seen no proof of his cash injections or the poor financial viability of running the club without him in place.
This is the kind of stuff that Price of Football are good at (digging around!) I hope they follow this up

Reactions: LittleAmerica

Devizes Green

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Feb 8, 2016
Unfortunately similar thing happened in my part of the world where they purchased the Swindon Speedway Stadium and obtained Planning Permission to build hundreds of houses subject to new Stadium being built.Houses have been built,no new stadium and Speedway Club has now closed down

bodspafc

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Aug 8, 2005
Bristol
Unfortunately similar thing happened in my part of the world where they purchased the Swindon Speedway Stadium and obtained Planning Permission to build hundreds of houses subject to new Stadium being built.Houses have been built,no new stadium and Speedway Club has now closed down
I noticed on the link I posted earlier that a lot of his businesses were based in Swindon. It does seem like this is a common theme with this guy....

Apr 9, 2011
Didnt realise that about Swindon Speedway sorry to hear that ! I used to go there regularly back in the sixties when i was Stationed near there, Speedway was really thriving there then

Apr 9, 2011
Such a shame TUFC has come to that state. Must admit i didnt realise things were that bad! Have wondered though how Johnson has managed to cling on so long.Obvs something really dodgy going on behind the scenes. I went to many matches there in the late 50s early 60s including the memorable cup matches against Spurs especially the one when losing 1- 3 to Spurs with minutes to go only for Robin Stubbs to score twice to take it to a replay Happy memories

Devizes Green

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Feb 8, 2016
Didnt realise that about Swindon Speedway sorry to hear that ! I used to go there regularly back in the sixties when i was Stationed near there, Speedway was really thriving there then
Yes its really sad and was still very popular.It closed about 4 years ago,where its a long story as to the reasons why but it will never reopen