Torquay friendly 16th July - pre-season schedule | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Torquay friendly 16th July - pre-season schedule

Apr 29, 2016
plymade":kaessdp0 said:
Be interested to see the opposition for the 2 home matches. Hope it's premiership opposition. If not, no lesson learnt!

If Ryan Lowe comes who knows it could be Glasgow Rangers. Lowe and Gerrard are good mates and it’s happened before.

Dec 3, 2005
Guiri Green":1golzr09 said:
Pafcineurope":1golzr09 said:
yashin":1golzr09 said:
After seeing our pre season matches will we ever learn this type of opposition is useless.thought we would have learnt our lessons after the last two seasons . :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Spot on. We need to stretch our abilities not beat non-league teams 7-0!! I really do despair about Argyle and their non-football people on the Board. Where is the new manager, or does he just have to suck it up? We really are in a mess. Be honest people we are not a "big" Club. Barely a big fish in a small pond. I despair. I think a sentence containing "chicken - headless- running around - like" could be applied to PAFC. RIP if they continue on this track. 68 years of love and support going down the drain.

And the overreaction award goes to.......

Not playing a Championship or Premier League Side who'd make umpteen Subs in a pre Season friendly didn't get us relegated. 46 Games, the majority of which we weren't good enough, is what did the damage.

90 minutes in the Summer versus the first few weeks of a Season and a Transfer Window thrown in ? Hmmmm

68 Years and you can't see that ? If it's autographs people want, try eBay.

TWO seasons running on not being very good until past Xmas!
Poor preperation and not starting the season RUNNING is what got us relegated!

May 16, 2016
djg145":3tyr6b6j said:
Guiri Green":3tyr6b6j said:
Pafcineurope":3tyr6b6j said:
yashin":3tyr6b6j said:
After seeing our pre season matches will we ever learn this type of opposition is useless.thought we would have learnt our lessons after the last two seasons . :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Spot on. We need to stretch our abilities not beat non-league teams 7-0!! I really do despair about Argyle and their non-football people on the Board. Where is the new manager, or does he just have to suck it up? We really are in a mess. Be honest people we are not a "big" Club. Barely a big fish in a small pond. I despair. I think a sentence containing "chicken - headless- running around - like" could be applied to PAFC. RIP if they continue on this track. 68 years of love and support going down the drain.

And the overreaction award goes to.......

Not playing a Championship or Premier League Side who'd make umpteen Subs in a pre Season friendly didn't get us relegated. 46 Games, the majority of which we weren't good enough, is what did the damage.

90 minutes in the Summer versus the first few weeks of a Season and a Transfer Window thrown in ? Hmmmm

68 Years and you can't see that ? If it's autographs people want, try eBay.

TWO seasons running on not being very good until past Xmas!
Poor preperation and not starting the season RUNNING is what got us relegated!

90 Minutes v a Cardiff 2nd 11 wouldn't have fixed that.

Apr 9, 2011
I don't think it was necessarily the poor opposition to last seasons pre season although of course it didn't help, but you have to couple that with some very poor recruitment on Adams part, those he brought in , particularly defence wise , never gelled the whole season & were sub standard lge1 . Put all together & you have disaster written all over the season.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Steve Evans":3h3l4gve said:
i feel we should cancel this nonsense trip to holland.fix up a few friendlies with some championship clubs,cardiff for example and save the cost of this useless trip for the transfer kitty

It isn't about winning or losing to Yeovil, Cardiff or Tavistock.
The Dutch trip is about team building, familiarisation, shapes and morale.

Let's not be just about money eh? We can save that till we get to the Prem!! :facepalm:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I see Saltash have missed out again.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Pogleswoody":3s95y1pb said:
Steve Evans":3s95y1pb said:
i feel we should cancel this nonsense trip to holland.fix up a few friendlies with some championship clubs,cardiff for example and save the cost of this useless trip for the transfer kitty

It isn't about winning or losing to Yeovil, Cardiff or Tavistock.
The Dutch trip is about team building, familiarisation, shapes and morale.

Let's not be just about money eh? We can save that till we get to the Prem!! :facepalm:
you can build morale anywhere.i seem to remember luggy marque one touring scotland against " scottish tavistock and yeovil".the dutch trip is a total waste of money in my opinion!

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
The last two pre-seasons have been dreadful and not up to snuff. My take on it was that it was down to DA and his failure to recruit properly and in regulation time. I believed that partly the problem was his waiting and waiting until GC10 re-signed before turning his attention to other targets.

Are we now suffering or going to suffer because we appear to be waiting too long to appoint a manager and the one man we know about is taking his own sweet time to answer a simple question! Yes or no?

That/this looks likely to set us up for another dreadful pre-season, we’ve known we’ve needed a manager since the week before the season ended and supposedly we’ve interviewed a few? When the new man comes in he will have to sort out those wanting to stay, those that might or not want to go before he even thinks about who is needed for next season. That’s without thinking of his staff.

How far are we in prepping for pre-season games? Many clubs already know who they are playing and where but we are in a void knowing when or if we have pulled in any better opponents than Torquay.

Don’t players normally report back in late June?

There’s a lot to be sorted by the new man and should he get it wrong we could find ourselves out of depth in league 2, heaven forbid.

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
Hopefully Roscrow is out there doing some of the donkey work regardless of who the new manager is. Seeing who is available, and will hopefully bring a list to the new gaffer when recruited. We shouldnt be starting from Day 1 when he arrives. The new mamager probably has some ideas up his sleeve and if he has been interviewed i assume he knows what shape the squad is in so will be able to quickly address who goes and who needs an improved contact offer over and above what was offered in the mandatory timeframe to prevent them walking away.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Ade the green":2vsrrkoy said:
The last two pre-seasons have been dreadful and not up to snuff. My take on it was that it was down to DA and his failure to recruit properly and in regulation time. I believed that partly the problem was his waiting and waiting until GC10 re-signed before turning his attention to other targets.

Are we now suffering or going to suffer because we appear to be waiting too long to appoint a manager and the one man we know about is taking his own sweet time to answer a simple question! Yes or no?

That/this looks likely to set us up for another dreadful pre-season, we’ve known we’ve needed a manager since the week before the season ended and supposedly we’ve interviewed a few? When the new man comes in he will have to sort out those wanting to stay, those that might or not want to go before he even thinks about who is needed for next season. That’s without thinking of his staff.

How far are we in prepping for pre-season games? Many clubs already know who they are playing and where but we are in a void knowing when or if we have pulled in any better opponents than Torquay.

Don’t players normally report back in late June?

There’s a lot to be sorted by the new man and should he get it wrong we could find ourselves out of depth in league 2, heaven forbid.
PRE-SEASON SCHEDULE

JULY
Tue 9 v Truro City (7.30pm)
Sat 13 v Plymouth Parkway (3pm)
Tue 16 v Torquay (7.30pm)
Sun 21-Fri 26 Delden
Tue 30 v Tavistock (7.30pm)

PAFC

I believe we're also trying to get a couple of home games against higher league opposition.

Apr 9, 2011
Agree entirely with Ade the green,as has been said on other threads who ever comes in is really going to have to hit the ground running I hope for all .our sakes the new man has been appointed & Hallett & co are just waiting for the appropriate time to announce his appointment

Princerock

♣️ PASALB Member
Aug 14, 2011
I thought Adams brought in players quite early last year....the problem was the quality of (too) friendly opposition...which was exposed when we played the mighty Yeovil (5-1 drubbing).