Thoughts on Ian Foster | Page 298 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Thoughts on Ian Foster

Jon with no H

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 6, 2023
Bolton
The cautious risk-averse football was straight out of the England Coaching Manual. Southgate does all he can to negate and limit our most creative players. Foster did the same.
That is a totally different argument, I don't dispute it. None of that was alleged. I was merely saying that Southgate doesn't seem to treat people in such a way that the day after he leaves there will be the kind of reaction we have seen from Argyle players/staff.

Jun 18, 2005
born St. Columb, Cornwall
Great analysis. I remember making a similar mistake in my early 30s, supervising a team of BT engineers and managing to pee them off by not recognizing what they had done in the past because I was so keen to move forward. Luckily my manager had a quiet word with me.
I did exactly the same in my first post supervising guys who knew their jobs so well. I tried to hide my cluelessness with an arrogant attitude but soon got found out. I learnt respect the hard way. Maybe IF has as well, I’m sure he is a good technical defensive coach but…

Reactions: Jon with no H
Mar 1, 2024
Wigan
Great analysis. I remember making a similar mistake in my early 30s, supervising a team of BT engineers and managing to pee them off by not recognizing what they had done in the past because I was so keen to move forward. Luckily my manager had a quiet word with me.
A lesson for us all. I’m about to embark on a similar journey in my career and will keep this in mind.

Perhaps I’ll keep a a mantra of “What would Fozzie do?” And then do the opposite.

Belfast Green

🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪
Jam First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 23, 2017
Belfast
I don't know who first said this, but as Abraham Lincoln once said, don't believe everything you read on the internet.
Just found this, erm, on the internet; very relevant now as well:
  • "It is the common fate of the indolent to see their rights become a prey to the active. The condition upon which God hath given liberty to man is eternal vigilance; which condition if he break, servitude is at once the consequence of his crime and the punishment of his guilt." – Speech upon the Right of Election for Lord Mayor of Dublin, 1790, as quoted in Bartlett's Familiar Quotations

May 28, 2015
I absolutely hated foster and made my feelings very clear but why is this thread still going? Move on and forget now surely?

Beyton Green

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 19, 2005
Having nervously watched a bit of the Millwall and also the QPR game yesterday I am very glad we don't have those particular firefighters in charge. In fact we should feel blessed we get the chance to play both of them between now and the end of the season.

QPR were roundly battered by Wednesday; the supporters behind the goals they were attacking should have been asked to sign injury waivers. Millwall on the other hand didn't look like so much as having an attempt on goal had the game gone on for a million years. If anything they looked worse than Rotherham. In fact they looked worse than Forest Green.

When Huddersfield got their goal in the 94th minute Neil 'firefighter' Harris immediately brought on 2 subs, as if he'd forgotten about them to that point.

No thanks. I have no clue how either of those teams have picked up any points at all in this league based on yesterday's showing.
Let's pray that this is correct when we play them!

Reactions: Wexford Green

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I absolutely hated foster and made my feelings very clear but why is this thread still going? Move on and forget now surely?

I will never understand why posters enter a thread they aren't interested in, just to post that they aren't interested in it. With the added benefit of bumping it back up the front page.

Of course people are going to talk about one of the most bizarre three months in the club's history, as much as we'd like to erase if from our memories.