Thoughts on Ian Foster | Page 235 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Thoughts on Ian Foster

Feb 6, 2023
Everyone who wants IF sacked said that we would get a hammering today, the players and the manager gave everything today. Yes Hardie should have scored an equalise, but can we blame this on the manager? We have 7 games left and need to beat BC on Monday. Now is the time for the fans to get behind the team, all the negative posts are certainly not helping the team. We need 2 wins from 7 games I feel to get us over the line, after the season has finished, the club can then look at the situation and act accordingly. With SS leaving us in the sh—t be taking two players and the coaches, the next manager would be operating on a shoestring.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Everyone who wants IF sacked said that we would get a hammering today, the players and the manager gave everything today. Yes Hardie should have scored an equalise, but can we blame this on the manager? We have 7 games left and need to beat BC on Monday. Now is the time for the fans to get behind the team, all the negative posts are certainly not helping the team. We need 2 wins from 7 games I feel to get us over the line, after the season has finished, the club can then look at the situation and act accordingly. With SS leaving us in the sh—t be taking two players and the coaches, the next manager would be operating on a shoestring.
it was a narrow margin but still a hammering against an ordinary team.

Last edited:

zakbrown96

✅ Evergreen
Mar 22, 2013
No chance we sack him now, We had two weeks and we didn’t do it. So that signals club are happy for toxicity to happen at home park. Shame really but how do you sell season tickets with this

Reactions: arrythewurzel
Jun 24, 2008
Yorkshire
Lose Monday and surely his position is untenable.
You can't sack him now that would be untenable we have just wastedbourblast chance to sack him.
By the way I don't like his style but I actually thought we played pretty well today the issue is he wants us to work out of possession for 90 minutes but we have no quality on bench no team can work as hard as we have today without giving chances
And let's be honest the referee was a joke. IF not to blame today in my opinion we move on. Do I want him here next year whichever division were in no but to sack him now would be total suicide

Reactions: saxman
Apr 12, 2016
I seem to recall us sacking Adams with one game left in 2019. Had we sacked him before that Accrington game the game before that we may have stayed up that year.
I feel for Foster in some respects but he has to get a win on Monday. Simple as

Reactions: Fergy and freathyd

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
We’ve now lost that 3 point cushion. Lose a match that Huddersfield or Sheffield Wednesday win and we swap places in the relegation zone.

Sleep walking

Reactions: MustardEagle
Dec 14, 2008
Plymouth
This isn't me Foster bashing, but of course you can blame him. For like 3 weeks in a row people have complained about Hardies finishing. Not sure if everyone is aware, but Foster is the one who keeps picking him. Today he put waine out on the left and didn't play Bundu at all. There cannot surely be a single person on this forum who genuinely sat there and thought "here we go, we can get something out this now Waine is on the left" when he came on. Obviously it isn't Fosters fault Hardie can't score, but not changing him and giving anyone else a chance makes no sense at all. Freddie would do a better job out left with his rapid pace than Waine would IMO.