& this is why Argyle will lose out on £60 from me over Xmas | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

& this is why Argyle will lose out on £60 from me over Xmas

Feb 18, 2009
Plymouth
You know what, Up the Line's original post is the sort of thing I would have slagged off a few months ago, but I just can't blame him at all for feeling like this.
We've all had enough now Mr Brent. Never mind this DOF bollox. A new manager is needed now. Right now. Your fans are pi*sing off in droves JB and i'm one of them.
Am i going Saturday. Nope. I just can't fork out to watch this turgid clueless tripe any longer.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
What will it take for Brent to act?

3000 on a Saturday? It's pure Naivety to let this problem continue and a disregard to the clubs main income stream.

P

PooleGreen

I have travelled from all over the UK and beyond to watch Argyle for many years, even with poor health. BUT I cannot see why I should get up and drive along with others on a 250 mile round trip and all the costs incurred, when I can stay with my family and enjoy myself. Until recently, I would happily travel on 600 plus mile round trips for Mickey Mouse cup games on a Tuesday night for years but no more. I now given up any thoughts of becoming a Season Ticket holder again anytime soon whilst this debacle continues. I also used to spend a lot on the club shop, no more. As for Esmer, I am willing to die for you to have freedom of speech but it does not mean I have to like or agree with you. Janner Forever but Fletcher Never!

Feb 18, 2009
Plymouth
PooleGreen":329wz41o said:
I have travelled from all over the UK and beyond to watch Argyle for many years, even with poor health. BUT I cannot see why I should get up and drive along with others on a 250 mile round trip and all the costs incurred, when I can stay with my family and enjoy myself. Until recently, I would happily travel on 600 plus mile round trips for Mickey Mouse cup games on a Tuesday night for years but no more. I now given up any thoughts of becoming a Season Ticket holder again anytime soon whilst this debacle continues. I also used to spend a lot on the club shop, no more. As for Esmer, I am willing to die for you to have freedom of speech but it does not mean I have to like or agree with you. Janner Forever but Fletcher Never!
Good post.
IS THE MESSAGE SLOWLY (very slowly) SINKING IN YET MR BRENT?

Dec 4, 2012
Cult Of Personality":1pgor9ze said:
Turnchapel Only":1pgor9ze said:
Cult Of Personality":1pgor9ze said:
Bye then join the other fans who are doing so

Or you carry on supporting make your voice heard by anti fletcher chants and such but no stay at home with the feet up and your sky sports

PART TIME SUPPORTER

Why spend £60 to chant "Fletcher Out" when empty seats say the same thing? And since Brent doesn't want to show Fletcher the door then the OP seems to have a pretty strong point. It's all very well following Argyle through hell and high water, but, the last five seasons have been a complete disaster. It must stop and if fans, and yes I still call them fans, want to vent their disapproval of the farce which was formerly the proud Plymouth Argyle Football Club by staying away, then perhaps Brent and his business partners might take some notice. Why is it that such a poorly perfoming team and manager are still being given licence to run this madhouse?

Because stay away fans are what put this club in a mess in the 1st place

Holloway had us flying in the league but so called fans still did not turn out for him

Calling yourself a Plymouth Argyle fan and then saying i not going is not being a supporter

I want Fletcher Out and i am not happy with Brent either but sod them

What put this club in a mess was poor management-on and off the field.

I think that comparing support with Holloway's achievement and the level of attendance is a very fair point. But I'm not too worried at the moment why an apparently good championship team could not draw support but I am concerned about the need to arrest falling attendances and the unrelentingly feeble team performances. I for one cannot throw my arms around the players in a collective hug because some of their perfomances have been so dire that I felt they were verging on the disrespectful to the fans. If I am going to spend the taxpayers hard earned pension on watching a team I expect them to put in a shift and look like they are worth the entrance money.

Football clubs have no given right to expect fans to swallow everything that they serve up. Mr Brent suggests that the fans opinion about the manager is some sort populist propaganda and they don't know what's the right thing the club. Well I'll leave you to mull that one over. Likewise supporters dictating the conditions under which others are judged is just a little peevish. I have been a lifelong supporter and still am, but if you feel its right for me to drive from Cardiff to Home Park and back after watching managerial incompetence of the highest order and some of the poorest players it has been my misfortune to set eyes on, then you are truly a green tint, but that's your opinion. But I'll tell you now, I'm not coming on Boxing Day and I don't have Sky Sports.

I agree with your most of your last comment but I think I want Brent out, too.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Dec 4, 2012
Ghost":1fdcqt1u said:
You know what, Up the Line's original post is the sort of thing I would have slagged off a few months ago, but I just can't blame him at all for feeling like this.
We've all had enough now Mr Brent. Never mind this DOF bollox. A new manager is needed now. Right now. Your fans are pi*sing off in droves JB and i'm one of them.
Am i going Saturday. Nope. I just can't fork out to watch this turgid clueless tripe any longer.

Snap.

Dec 19, 2008
Cult Of Personality":dqw022v1 said:
Turnchapel Only":dqw022v1 said:
Cult Of Personality":dqw022v1 said:

Or you carry on supporting make your voice heard by anti fletcher chants and such but no stay at home with the feet up and your sky sports

PART TIME SUPPORTER

Why spend £60 to chant "Fletcher Out" when empty seats say the same thing? And since Brent doesn't want to show Fletcher the door then the OP seems to have a pretty strong point. It's all very well following Argyle through hell and high water, but, the last five seasons have been a complete disaster. It must stop and if fans, and yes I still call them fans, want to vent their disapproval of the farce which was formerly the proud Plymouth Argyle Football Club by staying away, then perhaps Brent and his business partners might take some notice. Why is it that such a poorly perfoming team and manager are still being given licence to run this madhouse?

Because stay away fans are what put this club in a mess in the 1st place

Holloway had us flying in the league but so called fans still did not turn out for him

Calling yourself a Plymouth Argyle fan and then saying i not going is not being a supporter

I want Fletcher Out and i am not happy with Brent either but sod them

This makes me utterly sick. It's the fault of the fans? Really? Are you genuinely suggesting that Plymouth Argyle have been relegated to the lowest tier in the English football league because Bernard Smith of Whitleigh doesn't trudge down to Home Park and hand over £20? It's really Bernard's fault.

There's many people to blame for our demise but Bernard of Whitleigh isn't one.

The only fans I blame are those who blindly supported Stapleton and the World Cup stadium hopefuls (until it was too late) and have now blindly supported Brent and all who sail on HMS Pilgrim. It's quite amusing that you don't hear from them much any longer now the chips are down and now that the saviour James Brent hasn't actually done half of the stuff those fans were promising. Are you regretting walking into that hotel now boys?

As a fan of some years (not as many as some on here but many more than a lot), I'd rather the club died and we started again a lá AFC Wimbledon and FC United.

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
LG":3sv2kfjd said:
oddball":3sv2kfjd said:
I haven't missed a boxing day game for years home or away,always look forward to this particular fixture.Will be giving this year a miss.
Argyle v Torquay
Or some lovely grub at the mother in laws?
:whistle:
Home Park it is then.

A

argylefaninwales

why should i pay £20 to watch the green army? i live in neath and will be watching plymouth play rugby, cost less than a tenner, and 5mins away.
boxing day i will think about, unless results improve and encourage supporters to the match, i would rather spend it with family in plymouth.
am i a plastic fan? no, does the board take on the fans views? lol lol
qpr have sacked how many managers because of fans!!!

It's Bernard Smith of Whitleigh's fault? Can we find his number in the 'phone book? If we call him and have a word to get him back to Home Park then it sounds as if all will be peachy again. I'll even buy him a Torquay ticket if he'll come along.

M

Dec 7, 2006
Cult Of Personality":3fj2po04 said:

PART TIME SUPPORTER
Oh look, a Superfan! He's SO much better than all of us! :roll: :facepalm: PAH!