& this is why Argyle will lose out on £60 from me over Xmas | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

& this is why Argyle will lose out on £60 from me over Xmas

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
I'll keep on going and despite everything else I'm still looking forward to the games over Christmas but I can see exactly why people won't. Losing mentality, it's engrained in the side. That's why a new DOF won't help, amongst other reasons. We need an entirely new broom. Fletcher out PLEASE.

Larry David

✅ Evergreen
Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
Tugboat said:
The club is just a shell. No soul, no heart and no passion.

It's just a cold, damp shell.

I'm beginning to wonder at the motives of some people at the heart of the club that previously I would never have doubted. Maybe. It's time to walk away and see how things pan out over time.

Jun 20, 2011
Being an exile I can usually only get to a few matches here in the North West. I have been to two this season so far and a couple of home games when I've visited relatives etc. I would normally in each season be so excited to be able to go to these games as I get so few chances, but with the clown in charge I just dont feel the passion I used to. I genuinely feel that the club is dying and that The Manager is the killer.

Please Mr Brent, perform the CPR the club needs. Stop the rot and get rid of the people who are destroying what was to many the best club in the south west.

Dec 7, 2006
I would never, ever have contemplated missing a home game on Boxing Day - until this year. Normally, we could expect a bumper crowd and great atmosphere up at HP for such a fixture. Ive no doubt there will be many more there on the day than are going at the moment but I'd be surprised if there'll be more than 8000 this year unless Brent comes to his senses and replaces Harpo, Groucho and Zippo with a decent management team. Even with the poo that's lined up on the telly, I'll be finding something else to do with my time and money on Dec 26th. :sad:

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
FordGreen":3g6hik13 said:
I would never, ever have contemplated missing a home game on Boxing Day - until this year. Normally, we could expect a bumper crowd and great atmosphere up at HP for such a fixture. Ive no doubt there will be many more there on the day than are going at the moment but I'd be surprised if there'll be more than 8000 this year unless Brent comes to his senses and replaces Harpo, Groucho and Zippo with a decent management team. Even with the poo that's lined up on the telly, I'll be finding something else to do with my time and money on Dec 26th. :sad:
The last time we played them on a Boxing Day:

26 Dec 2001 Argyle 2 - 2 Torquay Utd Div 3 13,677 Home Park

This year there will be nowhere near that size crowd.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
one of my brothers regularly comes all the way from wiltshire but just lately he gives it very serious consideration. i can't blame him. all that way and all that money for carl"the lads worked their socks off" fletcher dross football

C

Cult Of Personality

Bye then join the other fans who are doing so

Or you carry on supporting make your voice heard by anti fletcher chants and such but no stay at home with the feet up and your sky sports

PART TIME SUPPORTER

Dec 4, 2012
Cult Of Personality":2c5f9pb2 said:

Or you carry on supporting make your voice heard by anti fletcher chants and such but no stay at home with the feet up and your sky sports

PART TIME SUPPORTER

Why spend £60 to chant "Fletcher Out" when empty seats say the same thing? And since Brent doesn't want to show Fletcher the door then the OP seems to have a pretty strong point. It's all very well following Argyle through hell and high water, but, the last five seasons have been a complete disaster. It must stop and if fans, and yes I still call them fans, want to vent their disapproval of the farce which was formerly the proud Plymouth Argyle Football Club by staying away, then perhaps Brent and his business partners might take some notice. Why is it that such a poorly perfoming team and manager are still being given licence to run this madhouse?

Formerly Dave Stoneman but "dropped out" of PASOTI following the database clean up. (I think.)

C

Cult Of Personality

Turnchapel Only":19iq3wbr said:
Cult Of Personality":19iq3wbr said:

PART TIME SUPPORTER

Why spend £60 to chant "Fletcher Out" when empty seats say the same thing? And since Brent doesn't want to show Fletcher the door then the OP seems to have a pretty strong point. It's all very well following Argyle through hell and high water, but, the last five seasons have been a complete disaster. It must stop and if fans, and yes I still call them fans, want to vent their disapproval of the farce which was formerly the proud Plymouth Argyle Football Club by staying away, then perhaps Brent and his business partners might take some notice. Why is it that such a poorly perfoming team and manager are still being given licence to run this madhouse?

Because stay away fans are what put this club in a mess in the 1st place

Holloway had us flying in the league but so called fans still did not turn out for him

Calling yourself a Plymouth Argyle fan and then saying i not going is not being a supporter

I want Fletcher Out and i am not happy with Brent either but sod them

Z

zzzzdougieanderson

if you only go to see a winning team then you really are missing out on the wider experience of going to football.

with the odd blip of being quite good argyle have been mainly very poor in my 41 years as a fan.they'll never change as the club's status of a 2nd to 3rd tier or a 3rd to 4rth tier yop yo club is well engrained.that is fine though as my best memories are in the lower leagues 74/75,85/86 mid 90's and the sturrock early years.

enjoy the whole event with your fellow janners,forget about winning is everything and you may just enjoy a local derby with torquay.if it's good cheer,if it crap boo and if its farcical laugh.

could i suggest it is not the club losing out on your £60 that will be the biggest outcome but you who will lose out far more.your post shows you care which pretty much confirms this !

Dec 3, 2005
Cult Of Personality":2ofb46aj said:
Turnchapel Only":2ofb46aj said:
Cult Of Personality":2ofb46aj said:

PART TIME SUPPORTER

Because stay away fans are what put this club in a mess in the 1st place

Holloway had us flying in the league but so called fans still did not turn out for him

Calling yourself a Plymouth Argyle fan and then saying i not going is not being a supporter

I want Fletcher Out and i am not happy with Brent either but sod them

I think you will find that it was the previous board members who got Argyle into this mess, if it wasn't for the efforts of the supporters and staff of the club, we wouldn't have a club NOW.

Your welcome to your opinion but please get your facts right.

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
I still think there'll be 10000+ for the Boxing Day game; realistically that's 8000-8500 Argyle fans. Saying that, if we fail to win any of the three games prior to it (especially versus Exeter), that prediction will alter significantly.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
I haven't missed a boxing day game for years home or away,always look forward to this particular fixture.Will be giving this year a miss.

Dec 22, 2004
Plymouth
up_the_line":e3bk72yv said:
I'm back in Plymouth over the Christmas period. Was planning on attending the boxing day game and Wycombe and paying for the missus to come into the Torquay game. I write this purely in the hope that somehow this kind of 'customer feedback' eventually makes some sort of impression on Brent.
I will not pay my money to watch a team that is sent out AT HOME, in a game where there was nothing to lose with Nick Bloody Chadwick up front on his own and are lined up with virtually no attacking impetus.
I will not pay money to watch a team that is captained by a player who is in part to blame for our FA Cup exit due to ill discipline (booked again tonight)...Wolves at home for Luton - would have put a few reddies in the coffers eh Brent?
I will not pay to money to watch a team where the manager makes inexplicable substitutions - continually.
I will not watch a team who only have a 1 in 4 chance of scoring from 12 yards with only the keeper to beat.
It does go on but you get the picture
Deep down I know I still love Argyle, but right now its just not worth the utter despair that is mostly caused by the ineptitude of one man who is seemingly untouchable

Totatally agree with you. Spend the £60 well and also send a copy of this to Brent and co. I will be going as I have a ST - no other reason.