This in an Absolute Disgrace | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

This in an Absolute Disgrace

C

commander_funk

I've only skimmed through a couple of threads tonight, but they have reminded me why I don't come on PASOTI when we've lost a few games. All responsible for it should be ashamed the crushing negativity, frankly it's a big chunk of the reason why Plymouth never gets what it deserves.

1) Look at who we've played the last 4/5 games. All top 6 sides or near enough, mostly away. when you're doing your pools coupons how many would you honestly expect us to win? The fixture list hasn't been kind to CF after the Dorchester debacle. The next 4/5 games are much more winnable, we should see a difference.
2) This is a young team, the commentators picked up on it at Dorchester, their team actually had more league experience than ours!. They will be inconsistant, that's the problem with young/inexperienced players. The slating of Rhys Griffiths is ludicrous as are the expectations pinned on him. Live in the real world.
3) Were people really expecting a play-off push? I mean really? Anybody? Mid table was always the goal, and all teams have bad runs, it's not like we're being stuffed every week.
4) Stop picking on players! Remember how Durrell Berry has improved beyond recognition. If we'd spent money on proven players I'd understand it but getting on peoples' back surely solves nothing. It's insanity.
5) League table, 3 years (and a lot of money spent) into Sir Alex Ferguson's reign: http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/division-one-old/1989-1990/table/1989-12-30.

Be patient. You can't build a team overnight with no money, it takes time. Circumstances intervene sometimes. Plus we have nothing like the resources Luggy or Warnock for example had.

And with that, I'm going to find something less soul destroying to do.

meetoo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jul 29, 2010
commander_funk":1zbklq2v said:
I've only skimmed through a couple of threads tonight, but they have reminded me why I don't come on PASOTI when we've lost a few games. All responsible for it should be ashamed the crushing negativity, frankly it's a big chunk of the reason why Plymouth never gets what it deserves.

1) Look at who we've played the last 4/5 games. All top 6 sides or near enough, mostly away. when you're doing your pools coupons how many would you honestly expect us to win? The fixture list hasn't been kind to CF after the Dorchester debacle. The next 4/5 games are much more winnable, we should see a difference.
2) This is a young team, the commentators picked up on it at Dorchester, their team actually had more league experience than ours!. They will be inconsistant, that's the problem with young/inexperienced players. The slating of Rhys Griffiths is ludicrous as are the expectations pinned on him. Live in the real world.
3) Were people really expecting a play-off push? I mean really? Anybody? Mid table was always the goal, and all teams have bad runs, it's not like we're being stuffed every week.
4) Stop picking on players! Remember how Durrell Berry has improved beyond recognition. If we'd spent money on proven players I'd understand it but getting on peoples' back surely solves nothing. It's insanity.
5) League table, 3 years (and a lot of money spent) into Sir Alex Ferguson's reign: http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/division-one-old/1989-1990/table/1989-12-30.

Be patient. You can't build a team overnight with no money, it takes time. Circumstances intervene sometimes. Plus we have nothing like the resources Luggy or Warnock for example had.

Shut the door on the way out :wave:

G

Greenskin

commander_funk":22nvxc5w said:

Quite agree with the course of action in your last sentence.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Jul 23, 2008
St.Austell
Clearly not been at a game recently. After watching 90 minutes at Fleetwood and the first 45 tonight, I struggle to see how anyone could have been this positive.

Feb 19, 2007
Telford
commander_funk":4bb09kv3 said:

i.e. go to bed and wake up in the morning smelling the coffee.

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
commander_funk":2thp73td said:

To pick out this point in particular - before the previous 4/5 games (so in the first 15 games of the season) we barely played any sides in the top half - a lot of "winnable" games as you put it - and we won 4. Hardly breathtaking form is it?

C

commander_funk

GreenMatt":1zxxb2wo said:
Clearly not been at a game recently. After watching 90 minutes at Fleetwood and the first 45 tonight, I struggle to see how anyone could have been this positive.

Damn I knew I'd be drawn into replying!

Well must admit the last one I could get to was Barnet - but by all accounts we were pretty good against league leaders Gillingham, and I'm sure looking at my calendar that was only a week and a half ago.

C

commander_funk

Dan Ellard":1y7f45d3 said:
commander_funk":1y7f45d3 said:

To pick out this point in particular - before the previous 4/5 games (so in the first 15 games of the season) we barely played any sides in the top half - a lot of "winnable" games as you put it - and we won 4. Hardly breathtaking form is it?

Not at all. But it was upper mid-table form, which is surely all we were expecting?

G

Greenskin

Aerok":71srzlfk said:
Welcome to your opinion - well made.

We'll agree to disagree ;-)

It wasn't well made,though.He says about the recent fixture list being tough.Really? Lets look at tonights results of teams Argyle have played recently.

Gillingham 2 Exeter 3
Rotherham 2 Wycombe 3
Chesterfield 4 Cheltenham 1
Burton 0 Aldershot 1
Fleetwood 1 Accrington 3

Those results would hardly suggest that the teams played recently are world beaters and the most significant point is that they were all achieved by teams with considerably less reources than Argyle should have.Its just excuse making,if indeed the budget allocated to Fletcher was as large as has been mooted.I hope that come the final reckoning at the end of the season,the results achieved by Aldershot and Wycombe tonight are not seen as turning points in their respective seasons to the detriment of Argyle's status-we are sinking fast and urgent action needs to be taken to address the situation.