The time of your Argyle life | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The time of your Argyle life

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
I’m going to say it’s NOW.
You can only live in the present moment and enjoy what’s there in front of you, etc.
“Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery but today is a gift. That‘s why they call it the present.”
I would be the last person to agree but, nevertheless, a very profound statement.

Reactions: Sparkypete

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Thanks for the link....Poland, I knew it was cold! I was 4 or 5 then so had no specific recollection of it myself. Had always thought it more likely to be a myth. 100,000 - wow!
Am pleased to have found GoS - will spend a few hours reminiscing!!
Good times - & here they come again.
There's a bit of a caveat to this one!
There were 100,000 in the stadium, but they were mainly there to see an international bike race so we were more of a side show really:giggle:

John Squire

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 28, 2008
Now retired to Uffculme near Willand!
Today! Today! Today!
Will be the time of my two grandsons lives!
First time EVER at a League game!
They are 11 and 14 and have been excited for weeks now, and with Argyle being top of the League, has added to the excitement.
Living as I do now, 80 miles away in Mid Devon, we’re making a day of it. Coming down the M5, A38 this morning, and ending up at Montys on the Barbican! I will have my usual ‘fix’ of lovely bubble and squeak there, which will set me up very nicely for the game!
As we’re sitting in Block 9 in the Lyndhurst, just a few rows down from where I used to sit with my friends for over 20 years, hopefully I will meet up with them again.
The sun is shining brightly up here, in contrast to the forecast, so let’s hope it stays that way.
I’m sure we will all enjoy the game, whatever the result!!!

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Today! Today! Today!
Will be the time of my two grandsons lives!
First time EVER at a League game!
They are 11 and 14 and have been excited for weeks now, and with Argyle being top of the League, has added to the excitement.
Living as I do now, 80 miles away in Mid Devon, we’re making a day of it. Coming down the M5, A38 this morning, and ending up at Montys on the Barbican! I will have my usual ‘fix’ of lovely bubble and squeak there, which will set me up very nicely for the game!
As we’re sitting in Block 9 in the Lyndhurst, just a few rows down from where I used to sit with my friends for over 20 years, hopefully I will meet up with them again.
The sun is shining brightly up here, in contrast to the forecast, so let’s hope it stays that way.
I’m sure we will all enjoy the game, whatever the result!!!
The sun is shining brightly down here too! I’ve just been for a run all along the waterfront - Sutton Harbour to Devil’s Point and the Royal William Yard then back home via Devonport and Central Parks. Obviously my route took me past Home Park where there was a fair queue of people outside the club shop and a few signs of stirrings in the car park next to the Mayflower. I always love a waterfront run on the morning of a big game.

Have a great day - let’s hope the team give a performance that hooks in your grandsons for life!

Reactions: Caribou and saxman
Aug 23, 2006
Home Park
Been going argyle for 40 years now. The Dave Smith era was amazing but I was very young to remember it all.
But the game against QPR in 2004 when micky Evans scored that header and David Frio waltzed through the defence to clinch promotion was pretty special.

Last edited:
Reactions: Green as Grass