The price of relegation | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The price of relegation

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
He wouldn't be happy unless he's knee deep in Jellied Eels Pogle.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Lundan Cabbie":3qbq2x59 said:
JannerinCardiff":3qbq2x59 said:
Bit worried looking at the decline in our crowds this season.. we were getting over 9,500, now it’s about 8,500..

After 6 six games last season the average attendance was 8,889. This season the average is 9,011.

In my day that was an INCREASE in attendances.

I’m not comparing this season with last season. I’m stating that there has been a steady decline from our attendances in August until now.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
JannerinCardiff":3m79ewqk said:
Lundan Cabbie":3m79ewqk said:
JannerinCardiff":3m79ewqk said:
Bit worried looking at the decline in our crowds this season.. we were getting over 9,500, now it’s about 8,500..

After 6 six games last season the average attendance was 8,889. This season the average is 9,011.

In my day that was an INCREASE in attendances.

I’m not comparing this season with last season. I’m stating that there has been a steady decline from our attendances in August until now.
hardly surprising.the football has been dismal so far.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Pogleswoody":ofiwtxtv said:
Pasties aren't 'decent and substantial'??
Has my whole life been a lie, finally revealed to me by a hungry Cockernee?? :shock:

I once bought a pasty before the game at HP. Thankfully I wasn't too hungry seeing as it was too bleddy hot to eat until half time.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
IJN":jds15pxo said:

Repeating your jokes again Ian?

And anyway, at least Pay Pal don't charge 20% extra when buying jellied eels :whistle:

Apr 1, 2009
JannerinCardiff":2ks4jy87 said:
Whilst I’d of preferred a bigger grandstand (with corners), the main output of the grandstand is the conference suite that can hold big events. That’s where it will bring in the 1mill extra revenue that’s been

1 mill doesn’t sound a lot but that’s the difference between our squad now and 4 more Graham Carey’s... we’d certainly be better prepared to mount a challenge to get to the championship one day.

I mill extra revenue? What's the source for that? Certainly more than possible, but it's the additional profit figures that are relevant unless additional costs accompany revenue figures. Where do four additional GC10s come in?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Lundan Cabbie":3lyaec41 said:
IJN":3lyaec41 said:

And anyway, at least Pay Pal don't charge 20% extra when buying jellied eels :whistle:

And I'm repeating? :roll:

In case you guys haven't heard Paul's latest analism (my God you ARE the ideal ref aren't you?) he's wittering on about the fact that I lump on an extra £1.00 when people pay (not that he does you understand) when paying by PayPal.

I think all the people that do pay it, don't mind the fact that the odd .44p goes into the pot as well, I don't take it, I simply charge it as a way to 'aim' people towards BACS which is a) So easy b) It doesn't attract charge and C) It's far more traceable in my accounts. Over the last few years though, I calculated that about £792 has been paid into good causes (Charities, Academy, 50/50 Prizes, PADSA and PACSA) because of it.

Now, let me be friendly Paul, please don't mention it again, there's a good fellah. I might get the hump. :thumbup:

Sep 6, 2006
Lundan Cabbie":2fgbieuh said:
Biggs":2fgbieuh said:
But if I am from a different generation (I probably am, in my 30s) then that just highlights the point! You might not care about the comfort and mod cons, but families, women and young people do.

The club are on a concerted drive to attract those people. And of course, making the place as nice as possible for existing fans as well.

As a non Argyle football supporter who goes to HP simply for the football on occasions, I will admit facilities have put me off going at times especially midweek games. Having worked all day it would be nice to have a decent meal and then take in a game. Not a pasty or a pie but something decent and substantial with a proper coffee that doesn't come in a disposable cup.

Out of curiosity why do you spend so much time on here if you are not a fan?

Sep 6, 2006
Lundan Cabbie":20gqr2ut said:
Biggs":20gqr2ut said:
But if I am from a different generation (I probably am, in my 30s) then that just highlights the point! You might not care about the comfort and mod cons, but families, women and young people do.

The club are on a concerted drive to attract those people. And of course, making the place as nice as possible for existing fans as well.

As a non Argyle football supporter who goes to HP simply for the football on occasions, I will admit facilities have put me off going at times especially midweek games. Having worked all day it would be nice to have a decent meal and then take in a game. Not a pasty or a pie but something decent and substantial with a proper coffee that doesn't come in a disposable cup.

Yep I definitely will stop going now I realize Argyle are giving out disposable cups. That's the final nail in the coffin for me.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
IJN":1r2hngbd said:
Lundan Cabbie":1r2hngbd said:
IJN":1r2hngbd said:

And I'm repeating? :roll:

In case you guys haven't heard Paul's latest analism (my God you ARE the ideal ref aren't you?) he's wittering on about the fact that I lump on an extra £1.00 when people pay (not that he does you understand) when paying by PayPal.

I think all the people that do pay it, don't mind the fact that the odd .44p goes into the pot as well, I don't take it, I simply charge it as a way to 'aim' people towards BACS which is a) So easy b) It doesn't attract charge and C) It's far more traceable in my accounts. Over the last few years though, I calculated that about £792 has been paid into good causes (Charities, Academy, 50/50 Prizes, PADSA and PACSA) because of it.

Now, let me be friendly Paul, please don't mention it again, there's a good fellah. I might get the hump. :thumbup:

I do understand Ian. Of course you don’t want it mentioned anymore because it isn’t legal to claim it is a Pay Pal charge when it isn’t. Pay Pal charge me 1.5% for payment handling. That’s 7.5p on a fiver, not a pound. I get where the money goes but you of all people shouldn’t give ammunition to those who scrutinise everything you do. You must care otherwise you wouldn’t be so touchy on the subject.

You was touchy on the poppy badge stuff too when you ensured that only the minimum contribution for every badge went to the Royal British Legion but anything else went to your own unregistered charity. Yes you had an explanation which I begrudgingly accepted but it was still very weak and 99.9% of the British public would agree with me that you shouldn’t scam anything around the RBL and the poppy appeal.

Rant over, subject closed.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I chucked £50 into the RBL Paul. I think that covers the odd pennies.

As for those who scrutinise, according to them, I should have been investigated, locked up and rearrested if you listen to all they have to say.

Once again it ISN'T a Paypal charge, it's a price I charge for dealing with PayPal. There's a difference, I have never claimed it's a charge made by Paypal.

Mention it again, and we WILL fall out big time. You've got a flea in your arse about it and it's getting on my nits now.

Hope that's clear.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
xmastree":3bo014x5 said:
JannerinCardiff":3bo014x5 said:
Whilst I’d of preferred a bigger grandstand (with corners), the main output of the grandstand is the conference suite that can hold big events. That’s where it will bring in the 1mill extra revenue that’s been

1 mill doesn’t sound a lot but that’s the difference between our squad now and 4 more Graham Carey’s... we’d certainly be better prepared to mount a challenge to get to the championship one day.

I mill extra revenue? What's the source for that? Certainly more than possible, but it's the additional profit figures that are relevant unless additional costs accompany revenue figures. Where do four additional GC10s come in?

The 1 mill extra revenue came from James Brent and - quotes in the Herald.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
IJN":34jd7emp said:
I chucked £50 into the RBL Paul. I think that covers the odd pennies.

As for those who scrutinise, according to them, I should have been investigated, locked up and rearrested if you listen to all they have to say.

Once again it ISN'T a Paypal charge, it's a price I charge for dealing with PayPal. There's a difference, I have never claimed it's a charge made by Paypal.

Mention it again, and we WILL fall out big time. You've got a flea in your arse about it and it's getting on my nits now.

Hope that's clear.

Which became illegal this year

Anyway, I agree to leave it there.