The new era | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The new era

Aug 5, 2015
Having worked in the back office of a major investment bank I know that the movers and shakers of this world tend to be on seven figure salaries and bonuses if they are any good. I’d say he was not short of a bob or two!

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
If the real question is: "will he be pumping in loads of cash to buy marquee players to get us into the EPL?" then the answer to that is most likely a no.

The funds and finance of the club will remain sustainable as it has been, of that I'm sure.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Willis88":xvuryqmz said:
If the real question is: "will he be pumping in loads of cash to buy marquee players to get us into the EPL?" then the answer to that is most likely a no.

The funds and finance of the club will remain sustainable as it has been, of that I'm sure.

Derek Adams is quoted in today’s Herald online that he does not know for sure whether Simon Hallett will invest any of his own money into the club..

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I've read it twice and it doesn't. How can it say that when he has already invested so much?

It did say that he (DA) didn't know whether SH would invest in the playing side.

There's a major difference.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I read that Mike, but NOT in reference to the 'club' as JIC said.

That was in relation to the playing side, I think the context is so important in this case.

Aug 3, 2017
People are reading that how they want too. I read that he has no expectations of a budget change but he does expect the completed Grandstand to generate increased revenue and he want some of that in he future budgets.

I also read that he’s saying if you want a top 3 finish you can give me that money sooner but only if you want.

Aug 5, 2005
IJN":3biyurlh said:
I read that Mike, but NOT in reference to the 'club' as JIC said.

That was in relation to the playing side, I think the context is so important in this case.

The assumption is that as JIC was replying to a comment about buying marquee players, that he meant club as in side. Obviously Hallett is putting money into the infrastructure as there's a bloody great stand being rebuilt.

That's the way the conversation read to me.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Oh come on.. that’s just pedantic.. I’ve re-read the article and I don’t see any particular reference to the playing side which is why I used the word ‘club’ as DA has used the words ‘clubs in this division’ ... ‘that have owners that spend their own money’. QuizMike says the same..

I agree with the other points made that DA doesn’t expect the finances to change greatly in staying with a sustainable model but he doesn’t know if SH will be putting any extra money in from his own funds. That’s how I read it anyway..

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
My point was how can anyone say SH doesn't want to invest in the club?? He certainly has.

May 8, 2011
I am sure that Derek is fully aware that with the Grandstand refurbishment now being fully financed from now on the Club will have no major calls on its finances apart from improving the team and improving the training facilities both of which Derek will be very happy about.