The new era | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The new era

Tugboat":1yts4d7l said:
Would any of the money paid for JB’s shares result in a payout for JB himself?

I appreciate he’ll remain a shareholder to a lesser degree but wouldn’t he be entitled to a payout especially if the HHP car park is being purchased back by the club.

I don't think Hallett has bought Brent's shares, the club issued more that Hallett bought.

I've no idea about the finances regarding buying back HHP, I'd assume Brent will make some money from that.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Aaron D.":vhhqlxm7 said:
Tugboat":vhhqlxm7 said:
Would any of the money paid for JB’s shares result in a payout for JB himself?

I appreciate he’ll remain a shareholder to a lesser degree but wouldn’t he be entitled to a payout especially if the HHP car park is being purchased back by the club.

I don't think Hallett has bought Brent's shares, the club issued more that Hallett bought.

I've no idea about the finances regarding buying back HHP, I'd assume Brent will make some money from that.

Thanks.

Jul 12, 2016
Seems a coincidence that Hallett lives in America ,loves Argyle and the Mayflower celebrations will begin in 2020.Wonder if the publicity generated will help Hallett to "sell " the club to potential investors in the States?

KFA

Apr 4, 2012
Plymouth
Club issued new shares at rate of 1 for every existing 3 ( so new shares are 25% of total shares issued). These were bought in their entirety it seems by Simon for £3.25m. So club has added cash £3.25m and SH has higher percentage ownership whilst other shareholders have same number of shares as they started with but which represent a smaller percentage ownership of club.
In round figures this would give SH 56.5%, JB 37.5% and the others 6%
Report also states a private sale between JB and SH of 7.5% to make SH 64%, JB 30%. Assuming similar valuation per share as new issue this means SH would have paid JB around £1m.
Club has agreed with JB to buy back HHP not required for ice rink but no figures given and it’s conditional on planning being granted to move ice rink from bottom of HHP to top. I read the ‘related costs’ as being shorthand for professional and planning costs ( at least) to enable this to happen I.e. JB is moving ice rink for PAFC benefit so club bears cost. I think you could argue the value of residual HHP land very widely - not only do we not know size but is it just a ( expensive) car park value or is it commercially developable site since pp has been approved on it? Certainly club could be considered a special purchaser and therefore willing to pay a premium.
The £1m for the roof has got to be the previously publicised new roof which extends 4metres towards pitch but not length wise. The club has already stated the project cost is now £6.5m+ as opposed to the original budget of £5m.

KFA":3cgt3jzh said:
Club issued new shares at rate of 1 for every existing 3 ( so new shares are 25% of total shares issued). These were bought in their entirety it seems by Simon for £3.25m. So club has added cash £3.25m and SH has higher percentage ownership whilst other shareholders have same number of shares as they started with but which represent a smaller percentage ownership of club.
Report also states a private sale between JB and SH of 7.5% to make SH 64%, JB 30%. Assuming similar valuation per share as new issue this means SH would have paid JB around £1m.
Club has agreed with JB to buy back HHP not required for ice rink but no figures given and it’s conditional on planning being granted to move ice rink from bottom of HHP to top. I read the ‘related costs’ as being shorthand for professional and planning costs ( at least) to enable this to happen I.e. JB is moving ice rink for PAFC benefit so club bears cost. I think you could argue the value of residual HHP land very widely - not only do we not know size but is it just a ( expensive) car park value or is it commercially developable site since pp has been approved on it? Certainly club could be considered a special purchaser and therefore willing to pay a premium.
The £1m for the roof has got to be the previously publicised new roof which extends 4metres towards pitch but not length wise. The club has already stated the project cost is now £6.5m+ as opposed to the original budget of £5m.

Very informative thanks.

May 8, 2011
KFA":25gqzvxr said:

The shares controlled by Brent are through two of his companies, Akkeron Leisure Ltd, 2,059,824 shares and Five Directions Ltd, 1,398, 074 shares.

Some were originally loans to Argyle in the early years after coming out of administration to keep the club afloat. They were converted to shares last year.

So any money paid for these shares will go to the company owning them and not to Brent directly.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Just read on Herald's Plymouth Live that American billionaire, James (Jim) Simons has just dropped in to Plymouth Sound in his £75m superyacht, Archimedes. He is worth an estimated £16 billion and is the founder of New York City-based hedge fund firm, Renaissance Technologies.

Just wondering (wishful thinking) if he is a mate of Simon Hallett ;) ;) ;)

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
davie nine":1bu51088 said:
Just read on Herald's Plymouth Live that American billionaire, James (Jim) Simons has just dropped in to Plymouth Sound in his £75m superyacht, Archimedes. He is worth an estimated £16 billion and is the founder of New York City-based hedge fund firm, Renaissance Technologies.

Mike Ashley’s jet is currently sitting at Newquay Airport. Any connection? Would Simons be most interested in Newcastle United, Plymouth Argyle or Houae of Fraser? :greensmile:

Feb 8, 2005
davie nine":2z7u8lmk said:

Now that's the sort of fella that would do us a world of good.

Simons & Hallett - sounds a bit like Hargreaves & Lansdown, doesn't it????

Bristol City mk 2 maybe (Dreaming again!!!)

Aug 5, 2015
Don’t worry someone will find fault sooner or later. I can think of one right now but I’ll let our resident doom mongerers let us have the benefit of their “opinions” first.

olive green

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 3, 2004
Liverpool
jimsing":2elh5aqg said:
Now that's the sort of fella that would do us a world of good.
Simons & Hallett - sounds a bit like Hargreaves & Lansdown, doesn't it????
Bristol City mk 2 maybe (Dreaming again!!!)
What, dreaming of having a team that loses at home to lower league opposition? ;)

Jan 27, 2012
Will these changes will alter very much ? The majority of the club remains in the ownership of Hallett and Brent, it’s just that each now owns a different proportion of shares. The new chairman doesn’t have any financial interests in the club and is pretty much a spokesperson.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Surely the new chairman will be a lot more than a spokesperson? He will be in charge of the day to day running of the club won't he and making many decisions in the absence of the majority shareholders? Also, the fact that the majority shareholding has swung very much in Simon Hallett's favour now gives him a much bigger say I would think.

Aug 3, 2017
Jerry - I would understand the ‘chairman’ to be the chief spokesperson of the board of directors. He/she is to hold the CEO to account based on the agreed long term strategic direction of the company. The CEO (Dunford) is the person to whom all day to day running and executives must report.

The chairman isn’t even the CEOs boss. The whole board are.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Sorry to sound crude, but does anyone have an idea how wealthy the new majority shareholder, Simon Hallett is?

Clearly he’s more wealthy than James Brent but to what extent?