The mighty Grecians at Wembley. | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The mighty Grecians at Wembley.

Jul 12, 2016
Would like to see Exeter promoted.Two division one teams in Devon,less travelling ,a proper local derby and a good chance of 6 points!

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
oldage":nct6hsdd said:
Would like to see Exeter promoted.Two division one teams in Devon,less travelling ,a proper local derby and a good chance of 6 points!
Oh dear, I have to agree with you 100% oldage!!

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Quintrell_Green":2pwhyoiw said:
jerryatricjanner":2pwhyoiw said:
Clarke_B":2pwhyoiw said:
IJN":2pwhyoiw said:
They’ll wither and die without a doubt.

Reminds me of ‘Curbishley Out’ at Charlton.

I wonder how many Valiants deny any knowledge of that these days?!
Valiants - didn't realise Curbs managed Port Vale?! ;-)
Charlton were known as The Valiants for quite a bit of my Argyle supporting years but in more recent years The Addicks seems to be the preferred nickname.

Probably a derivation of The Valleyants considering the name of their ground? Just a thought eh?
I established an e-mail friendship with their (now sadly late) historian Colin Cameron while researching our series of huge goal-scoring jousts with them in the 60s. In addition to telling me that Wilf Carter still holds the all time record for an opponent scoring against them he told me that around that time the supporters voted for Valiants in a competition run to replace the Addicks (I think he said that had something to do with haddock and chips!). The Addicks never really went away and then when they left the Valley in 1985 the Valiants lost its meaning.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
slingsby_pobble":brzevsz1 said:
From a purely selfish point of view, I'd prefer Cov to go up, mainly because I live 40 min from the ground, and would be virtually guaranteed an away ticket in the giant Ricoh stadium...

Son & family in Stafford so Coventry would suit me tbh!! :scarf:

Oh … and I hate Execeter, I hate Execeter .. oh I hate Execeter, I hate Execeter!! :twisted:

Taunts, invasions, assaults?? I thought they friggin' won!!?? :think:

May 4, 2015
Don't want them anywhere near us. Nothing to gain by having them in League 1 next season.

Much a prefer a Trip to the Ricoh or Nottingham.

We're setting ourselves up for a fall by thinking Exeter coming up is an easy 6 points (much like people who were already working out what date our play off games would be :roll: )

On the pitch and off it could be embarrassing. We create zero atmosphere these days as anybody attempting to is grassed up to the nearest heavy handed stewards

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Jose446":2avo3jpp said:
Don't want them anywhere near us. Nothing to gain by having them in League 1 next season.

We're setting ourselves up for a fall by thinking Exeter coming up is an easy 6 points (much like people who were already working out what date our play off games would be :roll: )

On the pitch and off it could be embarrassing. We create zero atmosphere these days as anybody attempting to is grassed up to the nearest heavy handed stewards

Supporters are prevented from supporting the team by the Stewards? How so?

Or does 'supporting' mean stealing seats, blocking views and being foul mouthed in front of kids?

May 4, 2015
Pogleswoody":3q5nzx9t said:
Jose446":3q5nzx9t said:

Or does 'supporting' mean stealing seats, blocking views and being foul mouthed in front of kids?

Exhibit A - its football not the theatre. If I take / took my kids, I certainly would not sit down in zoo corner.

I didn't say supporting the team, I said creating an atmosphere - Exeter p1ss on us in terms of that nowadays

Feb 2, 2007
Conflicted on this, six points gift wrapped and reminding them that Devon is green and white would be nice but seeing them lose would be delightful again.

Sep 6, 2006
Jose446":2yy719su said:
Pogleswoody":2yy719su said:
Jose446":2yy719su said:

Exhibit A - its football not the theatre. If I take / took my kids, I certainly would not sit down in zoo corner.

I didn't say supporting the team, I said creating an atmosphere - Exeter p1ss on us in terms of that nowadays

Deluded. What would you know about their atmosphere. Regular there are you?

Mar 8, 2016
AdelaideGreen":2k0736pc said:
Unfortunate behaviour by some Exeter fans after the match.

https://www.devonlive.com/sport/video-e ... de-1580991

Lots of video, and Exeter have said they will take action, so a few may have to find other things to do on their Saturday afternoons!

Was no different to any other club that wins the playoff match at home to go to Wembley. Fans go on the pitch, younger fans that think they are some kind of van dame taunt the away fans. Truth is nothing will happen because they are a bunch of gobsh1tes.

May 4, 2015
Balham_Green":17sl6b59 said:
Jose446":17sl6b59 said:
Pogleswoody":17sl6b59 said:
Jose446":17sl6b59 said:

Insult removed by Site Admin

Sep 6, 2006
Jose446":ksr0g1no said:
Balham_Green":ksr0g1no said:
Pogleswoody":ksr0g1no said:

Insult removed by Site Admin/quote]

Response also removed. Pack it in.

Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
A trip to the Rioch would be a far better day out, with far more Argyle fans present, than squeezing in to the crap hole that is Sid James park. FFS lets not kid ourselves it is any better than our refurb. The new away end will only have a second hand tin roof on it.

Kick off will be midday, fans will be disbursed around watering down pre-match atmosphere etc etc etc. Any one who has been in last few years will know what a rubbish away day it is.

As for at home, with limited capacity they'll be not difference in attendances weather its Notts County, Coventry or Exshitter.

Coventry is also not that far away.

No reason any self respecting Argyle fan should want to see them in the same league as us.

Sep 17, 2017
Stuart House":1ko13roy said:
A trip to the Rioch would be a far better day out, with far more Argyle fans present, than squeezing in to the crap hole that is Sid James park. FFS lets not kid ourselves it is any better than our refurb. The new away end will only have a second hand tin roof on it.

Kick off will be midday, fans will be disbursed around watering down pre-match atmosphere etc etc etc. Any one who has been in last few years will know what a rubbish away day it is.

As for at home, with limited capacity they'll be not difference in attendances weather its Notts County, Coventry or Exshitter.

Coventry is also not that far away.

No reason any self respecting Argyle fan should want to see them in the same league as us.

Grow up

Jul 28, 2017
AdelaideGreen":2qbb9ryz said:
Unfortunate behaviour by some Exeter fans after the match.

https://www.devonlive.com/sport/video-e ... de-1580991

Lots of video, and Exeter have said they will take action, so a few may have to find other things to do on their Saturday afternoons!

Not heard anymore however at the Scunthorpe away game there was trouble when they scored with a number of fans throwing flares. First time the flare fell into their stand and the second one went on the pitch and caused a brief interruption to play. A bit of taunting and goading from a bunch of teenage halfwits is nothing new or unexpected however I thought people were searched prior to entering football grounds.

Still they manage to get flares into a ground - these things are potentially dangerous and could cause injury, Wonder if Scunthorpe investigated this?

The stewards and police didn't seem too interested in finding the culprits at the time.