The 'how about' merged thread | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The 'how about' merged thread

Aug 17, 2005
I didn't say he did or was aware of him.but the word might was included. As has been stated my thinking was that his most successful period was at Falkirk to the extent that Swansea thought he was worth a chance. Being a player that was being noticed by a premiership club I would be surprised if Adams was not aware of him.

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
My bad, I remember him playing deeper when they came to Home Park. Maybe he just looked further away cos he was so small...

Sep 25, 2010
Just seen Jonathan Bond has been released by Reading.
He gave an outstanding display for Peterborough first game of the season, very good ‘keeper’

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
Out of contract at Hamilton this summer , 26 yo, right footed attacking midfielder with a reasonable scoring record in Scottish Premier League , wants a move to England . Could he be a transfer target ?

Nov 30, 2010
Brechin
DartingtonPilgrim":2qq77gt0 said:
Out of contract at Hamilton this summer , 26 yo, right footed attacking midfielder with a reasonable scoring record in Scottish Premier League , wants a move to England . Could he be a transfer target ?

Would be a yes from me, especially if GC goes. Seen him quite a few times and always been impressed. Bags of energy, knows where the goal is and can put a tackle in.

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
Hi C G , are there any players you're aware of up North, who are coming to the end of their contract who DA may show an interest in.

earl grey

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 26, 2011
Was chatting in the local shop about characters and I remembered this guys performancr bury at home park

I seem to recall a one handed point blank save close to the end

Nov 25, 2015
Think Crawford would be a very good signing. He’s one of those players who was tipped for really big things but hasn’t quite made it.
This move would make sense actually, good shout DP.

Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
Released by Bury. Most likely because they cannot afford his wages in League 2, given they still have the likes of Jermaine Beckford and Chris Maguire on their books. I would take him, impressed with Walsall when on loan from Bury and then a week later he came back with Bury, but his game was cut short when he clattered into the post. I remember quite a few people were impressed with him on Pasoti at the time.

Nov 30, 2010
Brechin
DartingtonPilgrim":kek22sfo said:
Hi C G , are there any players you're aware of up North, who are coming to the end of their contract who DA may show an interest in.

Lawrence Shankland at Ayr, possibly. Striker who was (like Crawford) tipped for great things at Aberdeen but lost his way somewhat. Has rejuvenated his career at Ayr: his goals were the main reason they won the League this season. Would be a bit of a punt as there's still a question mark over whether he can perform at the next level or so up, but Hearts (and others) have been sniffing around so peope clearly think he could be worth a go.

Sam Stanton at Dundee United is someone who I've always liked - combative midfielder with a bit of class about him. Still got 2 years on his deal to go, however - but as they failed to go up, would expect him to be looking for a move up and out.

If I think of any more I'll start a new thread ;)

Nov 25, 2015
Wouldn’t surprise me if we went in for David Tenpleton from Hamilton. He’s available on a free as is out of contract.
He’s had a good season for them after years blighted my injuries.
I’ve never been convinced by him, but he could play the Carey/Lameiras role behind Taylor.