The Greatest Pilgrims | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The Greatest Pilgrims

Voice of Reason

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
Mark Smith was an outstanding player. A yard more of pace and and would have been one of the best in the country. To see Sonny Bradley above Smith and Marker (plus umpteen others) shows how farcical some of these things are.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Voice_of_Reason":39zbhs86 said:
Mark Smith was an outstanding player. A yard more of pace and and would have been one of the best in the country. To see Sonny Bradley above Smith and Marker (plus umpteen others) shows how farcical some of these things are.

And nobody has even mentioned Jack Chisholm and Gordon Fincham as CBs. All our judgements are coloured by the number of eras over which we have been lucky enough to support Argyle. Both the guys I have mentioned both excelled during periods when Argyle played in the second tier of the EFL. It is the era coverage factor which makes judging 'the greatest Pilgrims' a bit pointless, really.

Feb 15, 2005
Plymouth
I would have to put Tony Book ahead of any-other full backs. Great continued career with Man City. Nesbit certainly a good second and another great.

B

Bonehead

Jervis a better winger than Marcus Stuart?

Somebody’s had too much acid over the weekend.

Nov 11, 2012
Keyham
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I would definitely have Mark Stuart in my list of the 25 greatest wingers to play for Argyle. I am talking about the left winger in the late 80's who is called Mark and never Marcus.

Jul 6, 2011
Frank_Butcher":2jfbnsg7 said:
davie nine":2jfbnsg7 said:
https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/2019/june3/no.1-romain-larrieu/

Goalkeeper Romain Larrieu

As always with these things it’s very subjective and skewed by modernity. For loyalty and really being a part of the club then it’s Larrieu or Crudgie. But in my lifetime I thought Aleksic was particularly talented, Furnell was a rock, while Nicholls and Miller probably had the most unfulfilled potential - for very different reasons of course.

Furnell is the only one I would consider from the above. My personal choice would be Welsh international Bill short

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
briangreen":2tclmxom said:
Frank_Butcher":2tclmxom said:
davie nine":2tclmxom said:
https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/2019/june3/no.1-romain-larrieu/

Goalkeeper Romain Larrieu

As always with these things it’s very subjective and skewed by modernity. For loyalty and really being a part of the club then it’s Larrieu or Crudgie. But in my lifetime I thought Aleksic was particularly talented, Furnell was a rock, while Nicholls and Miller probably had the most unfulfilled potential - for very different reasons of course.

Furnell is the only one I would consider from the above. My personal choice would be Welsh international Bill short

My brother was a good keeper, he always rated Peter Shearing but that was mainly because he had 1 to1 training with him and learnt a lot. My Brother rated Dave McClaren who I also remember seeing at the end of his Argyle career. Pat Dunne put in some great performances for us too and had a good pedigree!
I always find it easier to rank/rate goalies that I have played with rather than watched from the sidelines. A 'beaten' defender is often a good judge of a save!! ;) :scarf:

Furnell of goalies that I watched throughout their Argyle careers is up there, Crudgy too, good honest reliable pros!!

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The greatest strikers:
1. Tommy Tynan
2. Mickey Evans
3. Paul Mariner
4. Sammy Black
5. Sylvan Ebanks-Blake
6. Billy Rafferty
7. David Kemp
8. Reuben Reid
9. Dwight Marshall
10. Bradley Wright-Phillips

No disrespect to Evans but really! :lol:

It just shows how subjective these type of polls are and just a website page filler during the quiet summer months.

Surely Shane Lowry is the greatest defender for switching successfully to golf. :wink: