The FES Devonport End. | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The FES Devonport End.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Kevin_Dacombe":99bzl4aw said:
as much as I'm glad for extra income, what next? Ginster's Home Park, or the Bond Timber stadium?
It's been mooted about on threads in the past. I wouldn't mind as long as we kept the Home Park, not sure about Ginster's though.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Who is this nikk guy? Is it the same person who has paid mass money in the auctions?

Aug 17, 2005
Now lets see how many of you think and I will say think that you never eat a product from samworth brothers or should I say Ginsters.

Jul 29, 2010
Kevin_Dacombe":2darx1aq said:
as much as I'm glad for extra income, what next? Ginster's Home Park, or the Bond Timber stadium?

No problemo, it'd still be Home Park to us. Suspect he'll wait until the grandstand is complete though, bigger and better assets yeild bigger and better incomes.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Another fantastic effort from Nikkk :nworthy:

Fantastic news, any extra income has to be a positive, what is also nice to see as others have mentioned is that we will be keeping the Devonport name and FES will then be included within the old name.

It makes financial sense to offer naming rights and at the same time if the sponsors are happy enough to combine their businesses name with the fans name then it becomes win-win-win and everyone is happy...

Feb 21, 2011
Onward and upward call it what you like it makes no odds just bank the money, I bet there's plenty on here that still call a snickers a marathon and starburst a pack of opal fruits.

Lesley Somerville

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 1, 2011
Plymouth
For me it's just another sign of confidence in the team/club, on and off the pitch. Shows people that we have aspirations and are looking to move up. It's good to know we have astute businessmen involved who also share a genuine love for the club and understand what it means to our region. So good news I'd say.

Feb 25, 2007
St Blazey
From the companys point of view......does having your company linked in this case to the Devonport End make any difference?? Because no one is going to call it anything but the Devonport End.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
CornishPaul":v9l4mu55 said:
From the companys point of view......does having your company linked in this case to the Devonport End make any difference?? Because no one is going to call it anything but the Devonport End.
Well the formalities (match program, official site) will and the pmedia ress release will draw attention. It's just the fans that won't have the need to. Everyone wins really.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Ollieargyle9":2aw6d5wj said:

[not having a go at you Ollie, just using your words to provide the context for my post]

I wouldn't describe it as a fantastic effort. Surely, it is either:

1) a commercial deal that provides FES additional exposure that they consider to be worth at least as much as they have paid for it
2) a step towards FES (or the person behind FES) getting a bigger foothold into Argyle (for whatever reason)

Please note that I am NOT being critical of this deal or the person(s) behind it, just suggesting that there is most probably some underlying motive that is not simply philanthropy. If FES or anyone else wanted simply to improve Argyle's financial position they could just give the club money. That would then be a 'fantastic effort'.

It seems to me that the person behind FES possibly wants to have some direct involvement in the running of Argyle. I may be wrong about this and there is nothing necessarily wrong if they do. But the financial backing of Forza Verde, murals, advertising hoardings, the youth team etc. all point in this direction. So, it is impossible for me to see any of FES/Nikkkkks involvement in things as being philanthropic which is kind of how it has always been portrayed up until now.

I'm not sure if this is a controversial view or not? I guess I'll soon find out.

Edited to add: perhaps I should just add that I suppose it ought to be acknowledged that anyone who puts many into any club at Argyle's current level is, in a sense, being philanthropic!

Apr 25, 2006
Cornwall
The Doctor":1rztqial said:
Ollieargyle9":1rztqial said:

[not having a go at you Ollie, just using your words to provide the context for my post]

I wouldn't describe it as a fantastic effort. Surely, it is either:

1) a commercial deal that provides FES additional exposure that they consider to be worth at least as much as they have paid for it
2) a step towards FES (or the person behind FES) getting a bigger foothold into Argyle (for whatever reason)

Please note that I am NOT being critical of this deal or the person(s) behind it, just suggesting that there is most probably some underlying motive that is not simply philanthropy. If FES or anyone else wanted simply to improve Argyle's financial position they could just give the club money. That would then be a 'fantastic effort'.

It seems to me that the person behind FES possibly wants to have some direct involvement in the running of Argyle. I may be wrong about this and there is nothing necessarily wrong if they do. But the financial backing of Forza Verde, murals, advertising hoardings, the youth team etc. all point in this direction. So, it is impossible for me to see any of FES/Nikkkkks involvement in things as being philanthropic which is kind of how it has always been portrayed up until now.

I'm not sure if this is a controversial view or not? I guess I'll soon find out.

Edited to add: perhaps I should just add that I suppose it ought to be acknowledged that anyone who puts many into any club at Argyle's current level is, in a sense, being philanthropic!

Not in the least bit controversial...............

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=60985