The Board and The Fans | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The Board and The Fans

May 3, 2016
Andrew some people do not like being dictated too.

Brexit means brexit

Off to church now

:funny:

Sep 6, 2006
Biggs":2ralc5xl said:
area51":2ralc5xl said:
So singing you f - in puff is ok - section 5 public order so swearing is an offence at a football ground - you can't have it both ways.

I’ve read that 10 times and can’t work out what you’re saying.

Thats the point. He doesnt know what he is talking about himself!

Mar 18, 2014
perhaps you are? Who knows and who cares, but no-one should abuse anyone that might be one. Society has moved on (apparently)

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
area51":3r6eu7i0 said:
Perhaps you as you seem to know the rules can tell us what we can say/sing and how long we are allowed to stand after we score.

You can say/sing pretty much anything you like (even though it might be thoroughly unpleasant) as long as it is not racist, sexist or homophobic (to list three most obvious areas of prejudice that crop up in this context). Pretty simple really.

Mork

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Oct 18, 2013
Forster NSW
PMPilgrim":2ixd9wi0 said:
I’ve been going to Argyle since about 1981 and must have missed the era of incredible atmosphere caused by fans standing with their non stop support.

I remember season after season of dire football with no atmosphere. Anyone else remember Kemp’s Argyle play Premier league Wimbledon in some cup? I think there were about 3000 there. Mick Jones produced dire results, Ken Brown’s team played in a morgue.

Shelton’s wonderful team rarely got more than 6000 before Xmas.

There were a few good years with Dave Smith - similar to Luggys first stint but the rest was crowds of 5000 watching a struggling team complaining about the facilities.

If you could shown the fans in the 80s what we have now they’d be gobsmacked.

9000+ in Div 4.
Football on the floor
Great views
Intolerance of homophobia and racism
Who mentioned incredible atmospheres?
The 80s was a fantastic time to be an Argyle fan.
Yes there was lean years, but we also had ups, like the amazing cup run of 84 & promotion of 86. In my early days I used to stand on the mayflower, the humor & banter, particularly near the dugouts was pricless . I'd like to think this will return when the new mayflower opens, but I doubt it very much. It doesn't matter how big our crowds are, if they arnt getting behind the team and supporting them, what do away fans sing at old Trafford? Oh yeah 60000 Muppets!

May 7, 2019
I have very fond memories of standing in the old Demport End from the mid-80s onwards. My Dad used to stand me on a small wall at the back of the Demport End up against some dirty corrugated iron so that I could see over the masses. And I loved it. There began my Argyle love affair. Still going strong decades later.

I also still have my copy of Dave Smith's Promotion Diary, signed by the legendary manager himself. He made it out to me with the comment "Work on your skills" - if only I had listened! :funny: