The Board and The Fans | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The Board and The Fans

May 3, 2016
Quiz Mike

Nobody agrees with bad behaviour, your missing the point again, it's the way argyle practice it.

Yet again a message to all argyle fans behave yourself Saturday or else, what detention stand in the corner??

I can guarantee at Port Vale today you will hear swearing so everyone that swears or says a rude word - ejected - get real, then on Monday in the Hearld swearing Argyle fans ejected Zac Newton could hear them swearing from his posh seat and he was not happy :banghead:

Treated like a commodity not paying customers, I have heard policemen swear, I have heard stewards swear I have heard players on the pitch swear - dear John letters sorry player we will have to eject you.

The fans have already been divided Derby fans last night standing, two argyle fans stand at the back of the Devonport end chucked out major crime committed call in the crown prosecution - come on.

If Argyle fans behave like real supporters today will the club secretary go to the hearld on Monday and praise them - No double standards, Argyle always ready to knock the paying fan.

:crazy:

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
Carlo":14hzdz8x said:
I don’t get why the club are trying to make out there is a massive issue with our fans at away games.

I think you'll find that homophobic abuse is now treated as a massive issue.

I thought we'd moved on from the 1970s but apparently not everyone has.

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
area51":34w0bf3x said:
Quiz Mike

Nobody agrees with bad behaviour, your missing the point again, it's the way argyle practice it.

Yet again a message to all argyle fans behave yourself Saturday or else, what detention stand in the corner??

I can guarantee at Port Vale today you will hear swearing so everyone that swears or says a rude word - ejected - get real, then on Monday in the Hearld swearing Argyle fans ejected Zac Newton could hear them swearing from his posh seat and he was not happy :banghead:

Treated like a commodity not paying customers, I have heard policemen swear, I have heard stewards swear I have heard players on the pitch swear - dear John letters sorry player we will have to eject you.

The fans have already been divided Derby fans last night standing, two argyle fans stand at the back of the Devonport end chucked out major crime committed call in the crown prosecution - come on.

If Argyle fans behave like real supporters today will the club secretary go to the hearld on Monday and praise them - No double standards, Argyle always ready to knock the paying fan.

Have you actually bothered to read the piece by Zak Newton?

No mention of bad language, it's about discrimination.

https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/2019/septem ... oundaries/

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Two whole paragraphs on not being allowed to swear from area51, when no such thing has been warned against and the issue here is very clearly racist, abusive and homophobic behaviour... with homophobic behaviour apparently the main culprit at the two games in question.

Same thing as last season, told not to behave like a complete scumbag and then moan you’re not allowed to boo, when that wasn’t the case at all. Complete rubbish and you must know it.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Discrimination in any sense is wrong.

It's not some I regularly come across at football these days, however. Certainly not at Argyle. The last time at Argyle was several years back away at Burton, their keeper had pink gloves and a couple of blokes harassed the oppo goalie with homophobic slurs.

The stewards stood behind them did not react, until some other lad shouted the C-bomb and they went down on him like a tonne of bricks.

The homophobic chanting continued and I was disappointed in myself not to have raised it. The priorities of the stewards that day seemed a little warped to me, but then I'm not easily offended by some old swears.

So on one hand good on the club for encouraging engagement of concerns with those that can act.

On the otherhand, there is certainly, against the context of SIDDOWN events at HP, a concern that there's an unreasonable and ill defined boundary that allows for any sensitive soul to demand their sanitised ways. I think that's the issue that many are having with these statements.

Mountain out of a molehill really though. Argyle are fuelling the publicity that this is an epidemic among the yob green army, where in reality most of us will go to the game today and enjoy in our own ways - sitting, standing, shouting, chatting, beer or bovril - without causing too much inconvenience to each others. The overstepped actions of one or two should be taken as just that.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
SwimWithTheTide":2y1clzns said:
Discrimination in any sense is wrong.

It's not some I regularly come across at football these days, however. Certainly not at Argyle. The last time at Argyle was several years back away at Burton, their keeper had pink gloves and a couple of blokes harassed the oppo goalie with homophobic slurs.

The stewards stood behind them did not react, until some other lad shouted the C-bomb and they went down on him like a tonne of bricks.

The homophobic chanting continued and I was disappointed in myself not to have raised it. The priorities of the stewards that day seemed a little warped to me, but then I'm not easily offended by some old swears.

So on one hand good on the club for encouraging engagement of concerns with those that can act.

On the otherhand, there is certainly, against the context of SIDDOWN events at HP, a concern that there's an unreasonable and ill defined boundary that allows for any sensitive soul to demand their sanitised ways. I think that's the issue that many are having with these statements.

Mountain out of a molehill really though. Argyle are fuelling the publicity that this is an epidemic among the yob green army, where in reality most of us will go to the game today and enjoy in our own ways - sitting, standing, shouting, chatting, beer or bovril - without causing too much inconvenience to each others. The overstepped actions of one or two should be taken as just that.

Only if you aren't the target of the abuse.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
You know I'm not referring to the abuse itself, but how widespread it is (or isn't). Club talking about reputation of fans, they're tarring many because of a couple of bellends.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
SwimWithTheTide":2vixvio1 said:
You know I'm not referring to the abuse itself, but how widespread it is (or isn't). Club talking about reputation of fans, they're tarring many because of a couple of bellends.

The answer is quite simple.

If you don't want to be "tarred", report the neanderthals.

As someone said earlier, this is not the 70s. It's not big and it's not clever.

Mork

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Oct 18, 2013
Forster NSW
Remember pubs? Smoke filled dens of all things that arnt politically correct! Wonderful! Now, there just restaurants with bars, soulless places with common sense the order of the day...
Unfortunately for me football grounds are going exactly the same way.. they want & require a different clientele.
I can't think of anything worse (re football) than a football ground with no atmosphere, yet it's happening right now at our club.
For me it's very sad, I much prefer the dodgy pubs of yesteryear. :sad: (and I don't even smoke)

Aug 5, 2005
area51":8ugpzkpf said:
Quiz Mike

Thank you for the full reply. But the statement had nothing to do with swearing. You can swear as much as you like. This is the main bit

It is our legal duty to eliminate discrimination, harassment and victimization on the basis of age; disability; gender reassignment; pregnancy and maternity; marriage and civil partnership; ethnicity; religion and belief; gender; and sexual orientation.

Which bit of this don't you agree with? Same question to Action Jackson and the others who have been complaining about the statement

May 3, 2016
So singing you f - in puff is ok - section 5 public order so swearing is an offence at a football ground - you can't have it both ways.

Perhaps you as you seem to know the rules can tell us what we can say/sing and how long we are allowed to stand after we score.

I did not go to Northampton away but my friends version of events was totally different from Mr Newtons, so it's down to personal perception, my friend said it was all banter enjoyed and participated by the person allegedly abused.

Over to you or are you on your way home from Port Vale?

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
area51":38obs0q6 said:
So singing you f - in puff is ok - section 5 public order so swearing is an offence at a football ground - you can't have it both ways.

I’ve read that 10 times and can’t work out what you’re saying.

Aug 5, 2005
area51":13dmte0z said:

Perhaps you as you seem to know the rules can tell us what we can say/sing and how long we are allowed to stand after we score.

I did not go to Northampton away but my friends version of events was totally different from Mr Newtons, so it's down to personal perception, my friend said it was all banter enjoyed and participated by the person allegedly abused.

Why would you want to call someone a poof? You do realise that this is homophobic?

You can eff and blind as much as you like. It what follows the f word that is the important bit

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Quizmike":3ud6387d said:
area51":3ud6387d said:

Why would you want to call someone a poof? You do realise that this is homophobic?

You can eff and blind as much as you like. It what follows the f word that is the important bit

And that's the problem Mike, some people are so bloody paleolithic that they refuse point blank to either change, or to be educated.