The Board and The Fans | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The Board and The Fans

Oct 17, 2011
Plymouth
Whenever there are a large number of people , there is nearly always a few (probably alcohol fuelled) idiots who reveal their true colours and embarrass the genuine supporters. Most clubs will probably have the same problem. Coincidentally the same problem is getting more press at the moment. The sooner the morons can be identified the sooner they can be dealt with.

Jan 27, 2012
I don't think Simon Hallett can be criticised for the way he has run the club so far.

Like most organisations, Argyle has its problems (including the thuggish behavour of some stewards). However, fans also have a responsibilty to behave themselves and abide by EFL rules.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
I see the club have released another appeal to the green army about behaviour for tomorrow. Will this be a regular occurrence for each away matches? Looking forward to the Exeter message already!

Mar 23, 2019
L G":2bf7dwbw said:
I see the club have released another appeal to the green army about behaviour for tomorrow. Will this be a regular occurrence for each away matches? Looking forward to the Exeter message already!

Just seen it... really bizarre and all it appears to be doing is dividing the fanbase.

May 16, 2016
Action Jackson":1t32n5gt said:
L G":1t32n5gt said:

Just seen it... really bizarre and all it appears to be doing is dividing the fanbase.

No it's not.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Guiri Green":1pzg9jab said:
Action Jackson":1pzg9jab said:
L G":1pzg9jab said:

No it's not.

Club announces that fans shouldn't be abusive following previous reports of abuse.

Reasonable fans say "why the hell is everyone so abusive to each other?" Other fans say "God it's the fun police dividing the fan base again".

So yeah, fan base is divided, those of us who want to see that kind of rubbish cut out and those who are frustrated by the "fun police".

Same people complaining about rules being enforced...

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
loyal1970":nc1ud5ok said:
they are Argyle fans what do you think they travelled to Northampton for.

We know from hooligan firms that there are elements of club support that have no interest in football, and go to games to get tanked up/abuse the opposition/have a fight.

Not saying these people are as bad as that, but it’s entirely feasible they’ve travelled all that way and are not particularly fussed about what happens on the pitch.

Oct 10, 2012
Biggs":1x3hs8hs said:
loyal1970":1x3hs8hs said:

We know from hooligan firms that there are elements of club support that have no interest in football, and go to games to get tanked up/abuse the opposition/have a fight.

Not saying these people are as bad as that, but it’s entirely feasible they’ve travelled all that way and are not particularly fussed about what happens on the pitch.
You’re absolutely clueless

Mar 23, 2019
Guiri Green":1z2rwabt said:
Action Jackson":1z2rwabt said:
L G":1z2rwabt said:

No it's not.

Point proven.

You have people like you who lap anything official the club spout out and someone like me who thinks that yes we have a few idiots but in general compared to most teams we're no trouble at all.

Statements like the one they've just come out with are driving me away from going to Argyle games, it used to be a good release after a hard working week but it's no longer the case. I hate the way both society and football are going.

Oct 10, 2012
I don’t get why the club are trying to make out there is a massive issue with our fans at away games.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Action Jackson":okwhsn76 said:
Guiri Green":okwhsn76 said:
Action Jackson":okwhsn76 said:
L G":okwhsn76 said:

No it's not.

Point proven.

You have people like you who lap anything official the club spout out and someone like me who thinks that yes we have a few idiots but in general compared to most teams we're no trouble at all.

Statements like the one they've just come out with are driving me away from going to Argyle games, it used to be a good release after a hard working week but it's no longer the case. I hate the way both society and football are going.

Don't let the door slam you in the ar5e on the way out.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Carlo":3tt1y7yh said:
Biggs":3tt1y7yh said:
loyal1970":3tt1y7yh said:

You’re absolutely clueless

Go on...

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Action Jackson":cetd2ges said:

Can you explain this one a bit more? What was that release exactly?

Because you can shout, sing, scream, swear, tell the opposition right back he’s 5hit, and take the pi55 out of the home fans all game long... just not in a racist, sexist or homophobic way.

Why would that be driving you away from games?

May 8, 2011
These statements issued by Argyle are most likely issued as part of the punishment and if the behaviour of fans don’t improve then the punishment for the Club will get more severe.
The sad thing being that those causing the problem won’t care and most probably enjoy the attention.