The Banner and The drum | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The Banner and The drum

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Wagga_Wagga":192dylvh said:
Andy Holland":192dylvh said:
Leigh Rapson":192dylvh said:
I spoke to Charlie because I was annoyed that he drummed over the fletcher out chants. He said that was because he didn't want people to slag off fletch as he was his favourite manager. I said he had to let people express their opinions.
Fair play to him for standing up for what he believes in, as long as the instructions weren't to drum over them!

Confirms what I always thought before about that sodding drum, it's more about "look at me, I'm the guy with the drum" then it is about anything to do with the fanbase.

Totally agree. It was a disgrace drowning out other fans chants because he didn't agree with them.
With respect Leigh, and I'm not calling you a liar but are you sure you heard that right?

Only I spoke to Charlie as well in the Pyramid Suite after the game and he said he'd lost the faith in Fletcher "a long time ago".

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
Everyone having a go at the drummer for drowning out the "Fletch out" chants saying that they have a right to say it, well the drummer has a right to start other chants?

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Liam Vercoe":3qbk2zkn said:
Everyone having a go at the drummer for drowning out the "Fletch out" chants saying that they have a right to say it, well the drummer has a right to start other chants?

errm yes but they have their voices and the drummer has a .....? (very good Steve!) :crazy:

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
Wagga_Wagga":qxco4s7g said:
Liam Vercoe":qxco4s7g said:

What?!

What what?

Sep 21, 2003
Peverell
cabbott":ri8h7yhr said:
The abuse and drowning out of the Fletcher out chant is pretty embarrassing. People pay their money and if they want to express their feelings they shouldn't be met with abuse. How are else are we meant to let the clubs owners know we aren't happy with the current situation. They will probably continue to bury their head in the sand and have blind faith in Fletcher turning it around.

Totally agree.

I got called a w****r today because I dared to boo at the final whistle. I don't boo after every defeat, but I reserve the right to demonstrate my dissatisfaction with the product I pay for. I've sat for several years in the area of the Demport where Forza Verde now base themselves. Good luck to them- they're trying to make noise and support the club during diffcult times. But being verbally abused by spotty teenagers who've only appeared in that area of the ground in the last 12 months is pretty aggravating.

I think the atmosphere of positivity around the club being saved equates in some supporters' minds to the need for unconditional support of the team, which I don't believe in. I support my club unconditionally, which is why I spend £340 a year on a S/T against my better judgement, but if I think that a player or manager is not bringing benefit to the club, I can and will register my dissatisfaction. After all, I'll be here long after this manager and these players have moved on...

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
landons forehead":53d9gc8t said:
cabbott":53d9gc8t said:
The abuse and drowning out of the Fletcher out chant is pretty embarrassing. People pay their money and if they want to express their feelings they shouldn't be met with abuse. How are else are we meant to let the clubs owners know we aren't happy with the current situation. They will probably continue to bury their head in the sand and have blind faith in Fletcher turning it around.

Totally agree.

I got called a w****r today because I dared to boo at the final whistle. I don't boo after every defeat, but I reserve the right to demonstrate my dissatisfaction with the product I pay for. I've sat for several years in the area of the Demport where Forza Verde now base themselves. Good luck to them- they're trying to make noise and support the club during diffcult times. But being verbally abused by spotty teenagers who've only appeared in that area of the ground in the last 12 months is pretty aggravating.

I think the atmosphere of positivity around the club being saved equates in some supporters' minds to the need for unconditional support of the team, which I don't believe in. I support my club unconditionally, which is why I spend £340 a year on a S/T against my better judgement, but if I think that a player or manager is not bringing benefit to the club, I can and will register my dissatisfaction. After all, I'll be here long after this manager and these players have moved on...
:clap: :clap:

Sep 29, 2008
Plymouth
One or two things to clear up.

I lost faith in Fletcher about 2-3 weeks ago.
I like everyone else entered the ground fairly and we are all entitled to voice our own opinions in the way which we should. You can have as many banners as you like, i'm fine with that. But right at the end of the game when the man who saved us from playing in BSP football has tried everything he has and is as passionate about Argyle as the fans, the last thing he would want to hear is his own vocal support chanting his name to get him out fo the football club he loves.

He knows he's under pressure, but why should we remind him of that. Imagine if that was you?
Fletcher gets an awful lot of unfair criticism towards him, in ways he cannot control. If a player mistakes a pass, Fletchers fault.

The thought of our own fans turning on one man who absolutely loves this football club to bits is just frustrating.

I won't stand by a hear our own fans criticise our own club/manager regardless how bad things are going when they're trying their hardest.

That's like me going home and saying " corr mum look at the state of you, Movember is only for men".

but hey, that's just one guys opinion. If you want to throw abuse at the man who is trying his hardest for the club he loves, than I won't drum over any of you again, wether it be 1 person chanting or 3,000 people chanting.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
crownhillpilgrim":16rw1meb said:
Tugboat":16rw1meb said:
We're being drowned out in secrecy to the big development plot about to be unveiled sometime no doubt.

The football is nothing more than a smoke screen to the money making development of a dire football clubs surrounding land. Once it all goes up the club can be demolished and the land used for another adventure for the hotel magnet.

All in my opinion if course.

Will you be renewing your membership for the Flat Earth Society?
evening crownhill pilgrim.do you want fletch,ro and nance out?

Sep 28, 2003
London
Leave your drum at home. Who on earth do you think you are to decide you should "drown out" anyone?

And I'll break this to you softly: Fletcher is paid to be our manager, he doesn't do it out of loyalty. Don't give me this "he worked for free through administration" nonsene either, he is getting a huge amount of money for not leaving then.

Your post confirms exactly what I said before.

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
If people don't like what other people are chanting then they're more than welcome to make more noise to cancel it out I reckon. And it's worse when the fanbase turns on itself. We're all here for the same cause.

Sep 29, 2008
Plymouth
Andy Holland":kgg9xeuk said:
Leave your drum at home. Who on earth do you think you are to decide you should "drown out" anyone?

And I'll break this to you softly: Fletcher is paid to be our manager, he doesn't do it out of loyalty. Don't give me this "he worked for free through administration" nonsene either, he is getting a huge amount of money for not leaving then.

Your post confirms exactly what I said before.
huge sums of money? Please enlighten me on how you know the clubs finances? Who said when he singed a new contract that he didn't stay on low wages to help reach season long targets?

Mar 12, 2008
Leeds
rose":1eyiwv9m said:
One or two things to clear up.

I lost faith in Fletcher about 2-3 weeks ago.
I like everyone else entered the ground fairly and we are all entitled to voice our own opinions in the way which we should. You can have as many banners as you like, i'm fine with that. But right at the end of the game when the man who saved us from playing in BSP football has tried everything he has and is as passionate about Argyle as the fans, the last thing he would want to hear is his own vocal support chanting his name to get him out fo the football club he loves.

He knows he's under pressure, but why should we remind him of that. Imagine if that was you?
Fletcher gets an awful lot of unfair criticism towards him, in ways he cannot control. If a player mistakes a pass, Fletchers fault.

The thought of our own fans turning on one man who absolutely loves this football club to bits is just frustrating.

I won't stand by a hear our own fans criticise our own club/manager regardless how bad things are going when they're trying their hardest.

That's like me going home and saying " corr mum look at the state of you, Movember is only for men".

but hey, that's just one guys opinion. If you want to throw abuse at the man who is trying his hardest for the club he loves, than I won't drum over any of you again, wether it be 1 person chanting or 3,000 people chanting.

I admire your passion, but please don't forget that the people you decide to drown out have 'loved this club to bits' for a lot longer than Carl Fletcher and as paying customers have every right to express their dissatisfaction.

GreenSam":atlyanin said:
Wagga_Wagga":atlyanin said:
Andy Holland":atlyanin said:
Leigh Rapson":atlyanin said:
I spoke to Charlie because I was annoyed that he drummed over the fletcher out chants. He said that was because he didn't want people to slag off fletch as he was his favourite manager. I said he had to let people express their opinions.
Fair play to him for standing up for what he believes in, as long as the instructions weren't to drum over them!

Confirms what I always thought before about that sodding drum, it's more about "look at me, I'm the guy with the drum" then it is about anything to do with the fanbase.

Totally agree. It was a disgrace drowning out other fans chants because he didn't agree with them.
With respect Leigh, and I'm not calling you a fibby wibby teller but are you sure you heard that right?

Only I spoke to Charlie as well in the Pyramid Suite after the game and he said he'd lost the faith in Fletcher "a long time ago".

I heard him very clearly mate. He was obv bullshitting me then. In which case he was told to drown out by chants and that makes it worse!

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
It's not your decision to make Rose, the point is chanting "Fletch out" is not a personal attack on the man. It is the opinion of our fans that with him in charge we aren't going anywhere and that he needs to leave. I don't want to see Fletch abused either but there has to be a line drawn between Fletch's feelings and the future of this football club as a FL club.

None of us would like to be stood in that dugout with several thousand fans turning against us but if you refuse to leave and the owner refuses to sack you then there is bound to be unrest in the stands. No man is bigger than the club, if Argyle's FL future rests on upsetting Fletcher then I will upset Fletcher again and again until JB acts.

In terms of the club allegedly hiding the banners and turning up the volume to apparenltly drown out the boos, you can't keep several thousand fans voices un-heard forever, our voices will be heard whether the club likes it or not either at the ground or sat at home in protest. The club has two options they either listen to the voices when they are heard or they await for those voices to disapear when the club continues to decline and the fans depart...