The Banner and The drum | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The Banner and The drum

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Why was the Fletcher out mini banner taken and why was the Fletcher out song drowned out by drums. Have we now also lost the right to protest? Sick of it now and the sooner those so called legends are fired, the better.

I would guess the banner was removed because of the fire regulations. These days all banners need some kind of fire safety certificate, I believe.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
The club should be looked at more in depth because its slowly going up in smoke and no one actually gives a poo.

I spoke to Charlie because I was annoyed that he drummed over the fletcher out chants. He said that was because he didn't want people to slag off fletch as he was his favourite manager. I said he had to let people express their opinions.
Fair play to him for standing up for what he believes in, as long as the instructions weren't to drum over them!

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
PL2 3DQ":3fh3fg75 said:
Why was the Fletcher out mini banner taken and why was the Fletcher out song drowned out by drums. Have we now also lost the right to protest? Sick of it now and the sooner those so called legends are fired, the better.

I would guess the banner was removed because of the fire regulations. These days all banners need some kind of fire safety certificate, I believe.

Okay - I'll accept that explanation.

C

cabbott

The abuse and drowning out of the Fletcher out chant is pretty embarrassing. People pay their money and if they want to express their feelings they shouldn't be met with abuse. How are else are we meant to let the clubs owners know we aren't happy with the current situation. They will probably continue to bury their head in the sand and have blind faith in Fletcher turning it around.

Aug 10, 2006
Stuart House":2lel1phi said:
From what I could see it was on older guy having a go and taking it of the younger lads. Personally this peed me off and if I was in the demport I would have made damn sure he gave it back.
you have just hit the nail on the head (younger lads) they would not of dreamed to come over the mayflower and take it off us when we used to stand there and who from the club is telling the stewards to take it down cheeky c...s

Sep 28, 2003
London
Leigh Rapson":3gj3bpx2 said:
I spoke to Charlie because I was annoyed that he drummed over the fletcher out chants. He said that was because he didn't want people to slag off fletch as he was his favourite manager. I said he had to let people express their opinions.
Fair play to him for standing up for what he believes in, as long as the instructions weren't to drum over them!

Confirms what I always thought before about that sodding drum, it's more about "look at me, I'm the guy with the drum" then it is about anything to do with the fanbase.

C

Cult Of Personality

If you talking about the Fire Warden

His name is Roger and he is a big Argyle and probs argee with what the Banner was saying

But Like Postey said there are rules and if he was seen to not be enforcing them he would be sacked

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Andy Holland":29fl2fhv said:
Leigh Rapson":29fl2fhv said:

Confirms what I always thought before about that sodding drum, it's more about "look at me, I'm the guy with the drum" then it is about anything to do with the fanbase.

Has the drum got a fire safety certificate?
has the dB output of the drum been measured in respect of possible damage to the hearing of those sitting next to it?

would the drum prevent people from leaving their seats safely in the event of a soaking wet banner spontaneously bursting into flames?

is the drumstick made of splinterproof sustainably grown timber?
is it made of ASH??!!?? :shock:

May 26, 2006
South Devon
Andy Holland":32hg1xdj said:
Leigh Rapson":32hg1xdj said:

Totally agree. It was a disgrace drowning out other fans chants because he didn't agree with them.

Andy Holland":220pmxs5 said:
Leigh Rapson":220pmxs5 said:

Nah, Charlie is a good lad. Passionate and mad about argyle. It's not a case of look at me at all. He made a mistake today and got a bit of grief. Reckon he'll take it on board.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Pogleswoody":1o2nltbb said:
Andy Holland":1o2nltbb said:
Leigh Rapson":1o2nltbb said:

Has the drum got a fire safety certificate?
has the dB output of the drum been measured in respect of possible damage to the hearing of those sitting next to it?

would the drum prevent people from leaving their seats safely in the event of a soaking wet banner spontaneously bursting into flames?

is the drumstick made of splinterproof sustainably grown timber?
is it made of ASH??!!?? :shock:

That made me laugh, thanks I needed something to cheer me up :lol: