The Banner and The drum | Page 11 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The Banner and The drum

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
Ollieargyle9":3w3sbqyz said:
GTTB Resurgam":3w3sbqyz said:
Liam Vercoe":3w3sbqyz said:
GTTB Resurgam":3w3sbqyz said:
Just been on his twitter to see what a fool he's making of himself and noticed he has a signed poster of Fletcher on his bedroom wall. Bless.

Yeah but I've got a signed Fletcher shirt framed on my wall... what does that say about me?

Nothing. Signed shirt in a frame is a nice item.

Even if it's a signed Rory Fallon shirt? Because that's what I have on my wall :scarf:

If it's a match-worn one where he scored a goal then it's a collector's item! :angel:

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Liam Vercoe":8kn17mgo said:
Ollieargyle9":8kn17mgo said:
GTTB Resurgam":8kn17mgo said:
Liam Vercoe":8kn17mgo said:
GTTB Resurgam":8kn17mgo said:
Just been on his twitter to see what a fool he's making of himself and noticed he has a signed poster of Fletcher on his bedroom wall. Bless.

Yeah but I've got a signed Fletcher shirt framed on my wall... what does that say about me?

Even if it's a signed Rory Fallon shirt? Because that's what I have on my wall :scarf:

If it's a match-worn one where he scored a goal then it's a collector's item! :angel:

No, although I wore it and scored a goal in it (before it was signed a framed of course), does that count?

Dec 2, 2005
London
Ollieargyle9":1rnmrv5v said:
So you have a problem with Argyle fans calling each other childish names and complaining like children but your response to that is to call all those involved "sad and lonely" which is in no way childish and doesn't at all go against what you specifically set out to comment upon? :whistle:

There is a bit of history behind the phrase "Sad and Lonley" Ollie, hence the speech marks. Without meaning to sound condescending it might have been a bit before your time?

Andy Holland":1rnmrv5v said:
I agree in principle, with one exception. You complain about people bemoaning long-ball tactics, but then also getting lairy at Hourihane passing the ball to a full back.

This is one of the typical Pasoti arguments of the last few months: "you say you don't want long ball tactics, but then complain when we're keeping posession!"

I'm going to be really clear about this: there is a HUGE middle ground to be found that doesn't involve long-ball, but neither consists solely of your Hourihanes and Youngs of the world receiving a ball with space in front of them, and instantly turning to face their own goal instead of even attempting something more positive, something as complicated as, say, running or passing forward.

To claim that people getting annoyed at the consistent negativity of some of our players (a reflection of the manager) only want long-ball is not only a childish and blinkered view, it's just plain idiotic.

I didn't say anything about long balls or keeping posession as an overall tactic. I talking about a situation where a player on the halfway line has no option in front of him. The last few years our players have aimless hoofed it in that situation, to the dismay of the crowd. Now we pass it sideways in that situation, to the diismay of the crowd. Perhaps the player should attempt to dribble round their man? Or kick it out of play? I am not convinced there is a third option in the situation, but would say pass to full back beats aimless hoof.

Of course, when the full back takes one touch and then aimlessly hoofs it to a static forward line or when Hourihane finds himself in a break and kindly waits for the opposition defence to get back in position before he passes it to the full back then my head is in my hands as much as the next person.

Dec 19, 2008
GTTB Resurgam":3nsc6k5j said:

To be perfectly honest, people sending him abusive messages about this is foolish and pathetic. There's a fair amount of homophobic stuff there and threats - none of that's acceptable in my book.

I personally wish he'd put his drum sticks away and I'm not keen on the whole Forza Verde thing but we all support in our own ways and the abuse on his Twitter feed is frankly bang out of order.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Liam Vercoe":sypr3ske said:
Ollieargyle9":sypr3ske said:
Liam Vercoe":sypr3ske said:
As long as you didn't clean it before it was signed.

I didn't, but mother did :lol:

If she hadn't you could've almost nearly have said you'd played with Rory Fallon.

*takes shirt out of the frame, puts it on and does a few laps of the garden then rolls around on the grass a bit then places shirt back in frame :whistle:

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
Ollieargyle9":xwy7m2u2 said:
Liam Vercoe":xwy7m2u2 said:
Ollieargyle9":xwy7m2u2 said:
Liam Vercoe":xwy7m2u2 said:
As long as you didn't clean it before it was signed.

I didn't, but mother did :lol:

If she hadn't you could've almost nearly have said you'd played with Rory Fallon.

*takes shirt out of the frame, puts it on and does a few laps of the garden then rolls around on the grass a bit then places shirt back in frame :whistle:

Don't work up too much of a sweat, people will get suspicious of the sweat stains!

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
LostPilgrim":28znp7nd said:
Ollieargyle9":28znp7nd said:
So you have a problem with Argyle fans calling each other childish names and complaining like children but your response to that is to call all those involved "sad and lonely" which is in no way childish and doesn't at all go against what you specifically set out to comment upon? :whistle:

There is a bit of history behind the phrase "Sad and Lonley" Ollie, hence the speech marks. Without meaning to sound condescending it might have been a bit before your time?

Fair enough Lost, and yes you are quite right during the Bobby days I was a little too young to be reading the managers comments and arguing the toss on a forum. Argyle for me back then was turning up at Home Park on a Saturday with my Dad then forgetting about it until the call of duty of the next home game came along. Still it didn't stop me chanting "we want Bobby out" when the time came...

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
hairy j":2cg5bjjo said:
GTTB Resurgam":2cg5bjjo said:

To be perfectly honest, people sending him abusive messages about this is foolish and pathetic. There's a fair amount of homophobic stuff there and threats - none of that's acceptable in my book.

I personally wish he'd put his drum sticks away and I'm not keen on the whole Forza Verde thing but we all support in our own ways and the abuse on his Twitter feed is frankly bang out of order.

This for me, I didn't like Charlie's comments made about drumming over people to be spiteful but some of the abuse he is taking on Twitter is disgusting, although to be fair to Charlie he's putting that numpty in his place :lol:

N

NorfolkGreen

Ollieargyle9":3abocasp said:
GTTB Resurgam":3abocasp said:
Liam Vercoe":3abocasp said:
GTTB Resurgam":3abocasp said:

I have a signed Worrell match worn shirt and a full squad signed shirt from 2002, is that okay?

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
NorfolkGreen":1lw93kub said:
Ollieargyle9":1lw93kub said:
GTTB Resurgam":1lw93kub said:
Liam Vercoe":1lw93kub said:
GTTB Resurgam":1lw93kub said:

I have a signed Worrell match worn shirt and a full squad signed shirt from 2002, is that okay?

Apparently the rule is that if it's match worn then it's fine Norfolk, so your Worrell shirt should be fine but we'd need confirmation on that full squad signed shirt from 2002 :thumbs:

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
Ollieargyle9":1x32wvcg said:
NorfolkGreen":1x32wvcg said:
Ollieargyle9":1x32wvcg said:
GTTB Resurgam":1x32wvcg said:
Liam Vercoe":1x32wvcg said:
GTTB Resurgam":1x32wvcg said:

Apparently the rule is that if it's match worn then it's fine Norfolk, so your Worrell shirt should be fine but we'd need confirmation on that full squad signed shirt from 2002 :thumbs:

Unless your mum's washed it ;)

Jan 29, 2006
Canterbury
Ollieargyle9":33xdnni6 said:
hairy j":33xdnni6 said:
GTTB Resurgam":33xdnni6 said:

This for me, I didn't like Charlie's comments made about drumming over people to be spiteful but some of the abuse he is taking on Twitter is disgusting, although to be fair to Charlie he's putting that numpty in his place :lol:

Oh dear, just had a look. Think the pair of them are both as bad as each other to be honest.

One moron failing to show wit while the other, a poser trying and failing to gain any moral high ground whatsover.