The Banner and The drum | Page 10 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The Banner and The drum

G

Greenskin

Pogleswoody":2vschd1a said:
Waraqah":2vschd1a said:
Leigh Rapson":2vschd1a said:
The Grumpy Loyal":2vschd1a said:
Yeah, it's a well known fact that football fans taking banners and flags to matches across the country all carry their safety certificates which stewards like the great ones at Argyle will check, to make sure they conform. :facepalm:

Utter bollox.

It's the same thing as you find on your sofa.

When was the last time you tried to take a sofa to Argyle? :lol:

any truth in the rumour that we are trying to sign Peter Couch?? :coat:

If that was true,surely he would have made his debut against Chesterfield? :coat:

Pogleswoody":87qc11us said:
Waraqah":87qc11us said:
Leigh Rapson":87qc11us said:
The Grumpy Loyal":87qc11us said:
Yeah, it's a well known fact that football fans taking banners and flags to matches across the country all carry their safety certificates which stewards like the great ones at Argyle will check, to make sure they conform. :facepalm:

Utter bollox.

Does that mean we can expect more of the (chaise) longue ball game? :coat:

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Waraqah":oumztj6g said:
Pogleswoody":oumztj6g said:
Waraqah":oumztj6g said:
Leigh Rapson":oumztj6g said:
The Grumpy Loyal":oumztj6g said:

Utter bollox.

Does that mean we can expect more of the (chaise) longue ball game? :coat:

might get more armchair fans in on a saturday! :whistle:

still, at least Fletch looks smart in his three piece suit(e)

Apr 15, 2008
London
LostPilgrim":329dzg0m said:
This thread sums up why I don't enjoy going to Home Park anymore. Or coming on here really, but in spite of everything it is still the best place to get Argyle news.

The rubbish football I can take. The losing isn't a problem. I mean, after having Shilton's nearly men as my first season treat I grew up watching the Jones and Hodges teams! I got through that so there's no giving up now, is there?

What's really depressing at the moment is the childish rubbish that gets spouted here and at the games. There's a bloke near my father's ST spot who has spent the last four years loudly complaining every time we aimlessly hoofed the ball up field to no one. Now he loudly complains every time Hourihane passes the ball to a full back. I'd ask him what he actually wants but I am not sure he does really, save an Argyle win - but isn't that what we all want?

It is says a lot when you get back from a weekend away and the top thread is 10 a pager entitled "The Banner and The Drum". From what I can make out (I couldn't be bothered to read all the inane drivel) it is mostly Argyle fans calling other Argyle fans names. And letting each other know what they will do if they anyone dares to do certain things again. And complaining about what other Argyle fans do and do don't at Home matches. And complaining about what they can and can't take to Home matches.

What happened to us? We used to be a decent bunch of supporters. Now we're just a awful political soap opera.

"Sad and lonely" has never been so apt.

:scarf: Totally agree.

Though, the worst thread was the one complaining about the FV songs and flags, claiming they were 'forced' and suggested we just wait until Argyle were winning till we started singing or waving flags.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
LostPilgrim":3uxsi3p4 said:
This thread sums up why I don't enjoy going to Home Park anymore. Or coming on here really, but in spite of everything it is still the best place to get Argyle news.

The rubbish football I can take. The losing isn't a problem. I mean, after having Shilton's nearly men as my first season treat I grew up watching the Jones and Hodges teams! I got through that so there's no giving up now, is there?

What's really depressing at the moment is the childish rubbish that gets spouted here and at the games. There's a bloke near my father's ST spot who has spent the last four years loudly complaining every time we aimlessly hoofed the ball up field to no one. Now he loudly complains every time Hourihane passes the ball to a full back. I'd ask him what he actually wants but I am not sure he does really, save an Argyle win - but isn't that what we all want?

It is says a lot when you get back from a weekend away and the top thread is 10 a pager entitled "The Banner and The Drum". From what I can make out (I couldn't be bothered to read all the inane drivel) it is mostly Argyle fans calling other Argyle fans names. And letting each other know what they will do if they anyone dares to do certain things again. And complaining about what other Argyle fans do and do don't at Home matches. And complaining about what they can and can't take to Home matches.

What happened to us? We used to be a decent bunch of supporters. Now we're just a awful political soap opera.

"Sad and lonely" has never been so apt.

So you have a problem with Argyle fans calling each other childish names and complaining like children but your response to that is to call all those involved "sad and lonely" which is in no way childish and doesn't at all go against what you specifically set out to comment upon? :whistle:

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
tigertony":13a951y0 said:
Why was the Fletcher out mini banner taken and why was the Fletcher out song drowned out by drums. Have we now also lost the right to protest? Sick of it now and the sooner those so called legends are fired, the better.
I read the 1st post and the last. I am not, for this post, siding with CF in or out
Have we now also lost the right to protest?
NO - but you can protest by singing ''Fletcher out'' AND the drummer can protest by banging his drum. Fair for all surely. You don't have any rights for a quiet slot to sing - do you???

JB does things his way and that is why he is so successful in business. The thought of fans queuing to abuse him is worse than pathetic. The club has very little money so if you want to really advise JB then hand him a personal cheque for £500K and say ''here JB now strengthem the team''

Well said.

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Sep 28, 2003
London
I agree in principle, with one exception. You complain about people bemoaning long-ball tactics, but then also getting lairy at Hourihane passing the ball to a full back.

This is one of the typical Pasoti arguments of the last few months: "you say you don't want long ball tactics, but then complain when we're keeping posession!"

I'm going to be really clear about this: there is a HUGE middle ground to be found that doesn't involve long-ball, but neither consists solely of your Hourihanes and Youngs of the world receiving a ball with space in front of them, and instantly turning to face their own goal instead of even attempting something more positive, something as complicated as, say, running or passing forward.

To claim that people getting annoyed at the consistent negativity of some of our players (a reflection of the manager) only want long-ball is not only a childish and blinkered view, it's just plain idiotic.

Dec 7, 2006
rose":3li39bsi said:
Mark Pedlar":3li39bsi said:
Well I sang "Fletcher Out" loud and proud and if some spotty herbert with a drum thinks he has a more valid opinion than me and wants to discuss it, he's more than welcome. He'd just better have the capacity to take the drum where the sun doesn't shine.
spotty? Bless, have you seen me? Can't find a single piece of acne on my face. I don't have repressed childhood memories of being bullied of the way I look, have you? And why would you like to shove a musical instrument up my rectum? What you do in your own time is up to you, but quite frankly I would find the whole ordeal painful and ghastly of shoving a drum up there.

And just for you, I do shove it where the sun doesn't shine after every game, back in a box in the club reception under a desk. :whistle:
I see your Twitter posts says you think 'all the old men on PASOTI' are upset with you and your drowning out the Fletcher Out chant and that, consequently, you'll be doing it even more in future now. Very mature of you. :roll: Kinda contradicts your earlier posts, doesn't it? :think:

Dec 19, 2008
We haven't won a game in over five weeks and haven't scored in the last three games - that might be the reason people aren't happy and the floating attendees aren't attending.

I watched Villa vs Arsenal (0-0), Swansea vs Liverpool (0-0) and Chelsea vs Man City (0-0) at the weekend and I went to watch us lose again. The only goal I saw all weekend was Chesterfield's :(

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
GTTB Resurgam":1cg4fa68 said:
Just been on his twitter to see what a fool he's making of himself and noticed he has a signed poster of Fletcher on his bedroom wall. Bless.

Yeah but I've got a signed Fletcher shirt framed on my wall... what does that say about me?

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
GTTB Resurgam":2q39ljqn said:
Liam Vercoe":2q39ljqn said:
GTTB Resurgam":2q39ljqn said:
Just been on his twitter to see what a fool he's making of himself and noticed he has a signed poster of Fletcher on his bedroom wall. Bless.

Yeah but I've got a signed Fletcher shirt framed on my wall... what does that say about me?

Nothing. Signed shirt in a frame is a nice item.

Even if it's a signed Rory Fallon shirt? Because that's what I have on my wall :scarf: