The Ashes | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The Ashes

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
We really do need to try something different at the top of the order. I’d persist with Hameed maybe for one more Test, but unless Burns does something big in the second innings his England career must be toast. Had many chances. Odd technique falling over to off and average quite poor.

Sep 6, 2006
We really do need to try something different at the top of the order. I’d persist with Hameed maybe for one more Test, but unless Burns does something big in the second innings his England career must be toast. Had many chances. Odd technique falling over to off and average quite poor.
We don't have any other reliable openers. Would definitely stick with Hameed for the series. Has shown ability to stick around if not scoring many. Thats half the battle for an opener.

Frank Butcher

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
We don't have any other reliable openers. Would definitely stick with Hameed for the series. Has shown ability to stick around if not scoring many. Thats half the battle for an opener.

Agree we are woefully short in that department but that’s not a reason to persist with the status quo. Burns has one innings in my book. Honestly, at the moment I’d rather stick Bairstow in there. Far from ideal but he has opened in the short form of the game and at least knows Test cricket. Even if he was out for a rapid 40 or so it would be better than what we have.

Reactions: Daz
Sep 6, 2006
Agree we are woefully short in that department but that’s not a reason to persist with the status quo. Burns has one innings in my book. Honestly, at the moment I’d rather stick Bairstow in there. Far from ideal but he has opened in the short form of the game and at least knows Test cricket. Even if he was out for a rapid 40 or so it would be better than what we have.
Doubt he'd get 40.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Crawley is in the squad and will likely replace Burns as opener.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Midnight so good night from me hopefully England keep up the recovery 92/2

Malan 47 no
Root 32 no

Frank Butcher

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Switched on just in time for Root’s dismissal. Great.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
really wanted pope to be successful but it's beginning to look like he can't bridge the massive gap between county and international cricket.

Frank Butcher

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Hard to watch. Looks to me that Stokes is carrying an injury as well - pulled up a couple of times when running.