The answer is simple .... put a striker on the pitch ! | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The answer is simple .... put a striker on the pitch !

Sep 6, 2006
Mark Pedlar":3eizneor said:
Steve Evans":3eizneor said:
the rochdale supporters want him out!

Don't know where you get that from.

Maybe the same football encyclopedia that lists Fletcher as the answer to our problems and puts Letheren ahead of Macey.

And says we are going to get promoted this season! !!!

Sep 6, 2006
argobenz":1wolokvd said:
philevs":1wolokvd said:
argobenz":1wolokvd said:
oddball":1wolokvd said:
You could put Jimmy Greaves up front but I doubt if he would score...The service, the delivery, the chances, created by the wide players,the midfield/overlapping full backs ,whoever, is poor and any striker is feeding on scraps...

Totally agree, the striker lives off supply, so without any he dies.

But DA says we are creating loads of chances, every match, without converting them.....

He's a fantasist.

He's getting us mixed up with the opposition.

May 26, 2015
Steve Evans":4fyu4u44 said:
the rochdale supporters want him out!

No, a few Dale fans wanted Keith Hill out after 5 games, when the team were too close to the relegation zone for comfort. Keith said "if that's how you feel, write to the Chairman". As far as I know, very few took him up on his offer and Dale are now up to 13th because they have a striker by the name of Henderson!

I wish Hill would come to Argyle and bring Henderson with him.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Henderson is well into his 30s and...

I’m going to see out my playing career here because I love the place so much. I love the North West and there are so many factors determining my stay here – the football, the management staff, the player and the fans. I also want to settle in the North West so I’m extremely happy.”

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2015 ... -spotland/

Aug 5, 2016
Leon Horn":18yz4kka said:
Alex Fletcher would be a good shout. A predatory finisher.

Absolutely no evidence of that at professional level.

Better defenders equals less time to convert, better goalkeepers equals faster reaction times and wider shot stopping ability.

Therefore being a good finisher at League One level means working on instinct and being able to hit the top and bottom corners every time, all in all a lot different to scoring a brace against Callington.

Fletcher has had more than a few chances now to demonstrate if he is the next Michael Owen as some believe he could be.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Knibbsworth":39li5j3q said:
Leon Horn":39li5j3q said:

Better defenders equals less time to convert, better goalkeepers equals faster reaction times and wider shot stopping ability.

Therefore being a good finisher at League One level means working on instinct and being able to hit the top and bottom corners every time, all in all a lot different to scoring a brace against Callington.

Fletcher has had more than a few chances now to demonstrate if he is the next Michael Owen as some believe he could be.
and a brace against chelsea.

Jul 6, 2011
Steve Evans":1ohsmgak said:
Knibbsworth":1ohsmgak said:
Leon Horn":1ohsmgak said:

Some will say Chelsea had a lot of youngsters in the team that night, Fletcher himself was only 18 and most of those 'youngsters' were million pound buys (including Ampadu) or went on to win the under 21s world cup. At 2-0 down argyle went with a 2 upfront and Fletcher scored 2 good goals and then went on the score a penalty. Aside from that he's scored two other goals, he's made about 11 appearances, a majority off the bench.
For those who mock him, I'd like to know where you get your information from?

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
briangreen":1zzl68b3 said:
Steve Evans":1zzl68b3 said:
Knibbsworth":1zzl68b3 said:
Leon Horn":1zzl68b3 said:

Some will say Chelsea had a lot of youngsters in the team that night, Fletcher himself was only 18 and most of those 'youngsters' were million pound buys (including Ampadu) or went on to win the under 21s world cup. At 2-0 down argyle went with a 2 upfront and Fletcher scored 2 good goals and then went on the score a penalty. Aside from that he's scored two other goals, he's made about 11 appearances, a majority off the bench.
well said brian.i am sick of these jealous posters who want him to fail. :furious: he was also very good against pompey a few weeks ago at home park where derek was watching.

Sep 6, 2006
Steve Evans":3721a6l7 said:
briangreen":3721a6l7 said:
Steve Evans":3721a6l7 said:
Knibbsworth":3721a6l7 said:
Leon Horn":3721a6l7 said:

well said brian.i am sick of these jealous posters who want him to fail. :furious: he was also very good against pompey a few weeks ago at home park where derek was watching.

A really dumb post. Why on earth would any Argyle fan want him to fail?

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Balham_Green":29d0taqn said:
Steve Evans":29d0taqn said:
briangreen":29d0taqn said:
Steve Evans":29d0taqn said:
Knibbsworth":29d0taqn said:
Leon Horn":29d0taqn said:

A really dumb post. Why on earth would any Argyle fan want him to fail?
jealousy!

Aug 5, 2016
Steve Evans":268ripmg said:
Knibbsworth":268ripmg said:
Leon Horn":268ripmg said:

If it was Chelsea, he would have been skinning Gary Cahill and Cesar Azpilicueta. It was their U23 team, the majority of which were 18.

Credit where credit is due, it's a great achievement for him to score against lads his age who cost millions and are no doubt destined for great things. Same as beating Man City in the U18 FA Cup. But it wasn't senior professional football, he has still not done anything in senior professional football to warrant the label of a 'predatory finisher'. When has he taken a ball down well with a deft touch, fooled League One defenders with his movement and buried a finish past a League One keeper? he's had the starts and the minutes but it hasn't happened.

Alex has scored well at U18 level and at SWPL level - both standards are lightyears away from the Charlton team we will face on Saturday. He's had starts in the Football League and many sub appearances, maybe he will start hitting the net, who knows? But let's calm down with the hype that would make you think we've got Harry Kane in our reserves and a stubborn manager who doesn't see it. Adams has given him plenty of opportunities, and the clamour for Fletcher is tabloid hype. He's no better at finishing chances than Ainsworth, Joel Grant, Dyson, Taylor, and any number of players who also aren't playing up front at the moment.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
briangreen":dmpo0yv7 said:
Silly comment on Fletcher Mark pedler

Songo'o in your opinion he IS the answer to our problems?

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Knibbsworth":3ses02wn said:
Steve Evans":3ses02wn said:
Knibbsworth":3ses02wn said:
Leon Horn":3ses02wn said:

If it was Chelsea, he would have been skinning Gary Cahill and Cesar Azpilicueta. It was their U23 team, the majority of which were 18.

Credit where credit is due, it's a great achievement for him to score against lads his age who cost millions and are no doubt destined for great things. Same as beating Man City in the U18 FA Cup. But it wasn't senior professional football, he has still not done anything in senior professional football to warrant the label of a 'predatory finisher'. When has he taken a ball down well with a deft touch, fooled League One defenders with his movement and buried a finish past a League One keeper? he's had the starts and the minutes but it hasn't happened.

Alex has scored well at U18 level and at SWPL level - both standards are lightyears away from the Charlton team we will face on Saturday. He's had starts in the Football League and many sub appearances, maybe he will start hitting the net, who knows? But let's calm down with the hype that would make you think we've got Harry Kane in our reserves and a stubborn manager who doesn't see it. Adams has given him plenty of opportunities, and the clamour for Fletcher is tabloid hype. He's no better at finishing chances than Ainsworth, Joel Grant, Dyson, Taylor, and any number of players who also aren't playing up front at the moment.
i see no point in a youth system if our young players don't get a proper chance.not just a few sub appearances when the game is up.'tis worth noting that alex scored against fleetwood when he came off the bench.he and any other outfield player can only score against league one players if they are selected!i would play alex up front alongside either freddie or ryan for the remainder of this season.

Apr 1, 2009
Steve Evans":2wxfcohf said:
Knibbsworth":2wxfcohf said:
Steve Evans":2wxfcohf said:
Knibbsworth":2wxfcohf said:
Leon Horn":2wxfcohf said:

i see no point in a youth system if our young players don't get a proper chance.not just a few sub appearances when the game is up.'tis worth noting that alex scored against fleetwood when he came off the bench.he and any other outfield player can only score against league one players if they are selected!i would play alex up front alongside either freddie or ryan for the remainder of this season.

So Steve, is Alex Fletcher the new Tyler Harvey?

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
xmastree":kbosyl3r said:
Steve Evans":kbosyl3r said:
Knibbsworth":kbosyl3r said:
Steve Evans":kbosyl3r said:
Knibbsworth":kbosyl3r said:
Leon Horn":kbosyl3r said:

So Steve, is Alex Fletcher the new Tyler Harvey?
well yes but potentially better.he should be given a chance in my opinion.Xmastree would you persist with the youth system at argyle?