The answer is simple .... put a striker on the pitch ! | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The answer is simple .... put a striker on the pitch !

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I can't stand the whole "Strikers are there to score goals" view. It's almost as simplistic as saying "Centre backs are only there to make blocks".

One our best ever CF's rarely scored goals but consistently got man of the match, Trigger. Taylor at his best is a similar player.

A CF bringing Carey, Rubén & Sarce into play is just as effective, if not more effective, than a poacher. With a player like Taylor you bring multiple players into attacking areas, whereas a poacher focuses on himself.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Steve Evans":2gz9uqtz said:
good to see fletcher scored two last night.anybody know if derek was there please?if he wasn't perhaps he was watching liverpool.they don't play with one up front. ;)

You're right Liverpool play with 3 up front, like we did on our good run last season. Like we have tried to this season, right up to the start of the second-half against Walsall when he hoiked Lameiras off for no apparent reason. We have since then played variations of 4-1-4-1 apart from a period against Coventry when we looked alright, and last Saturday when he put the first team on the pitch with about 20 minutes to go.

The man is scared to put an attacking side on the pitch.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
i don't know if scared is the word i would use mark but there is a huge problem with him and i am a derek supporter.i think stubborn or overly cautious would suit but it is ruddy frustrating.

Sep 6, 2006
HC Green":1241drjl said:
Steve Evans":1241drjl said:
Knibbsworth":1241drjl said:
Green_Matt":1241drjl said:
The one up front system requires a player who can keep possession and bring people into play as a minimum. Fletcher seems to be more in the Michael Owen mould so would probably not be suitable unless partnered by a Taylor. I think a 442 would be worth a try but can't see it happening.

Do you honestly think that if we went down the 4-4-2 route, Fletcher would be a more effective option than Ladapo or Joel Grant?
i do!

Perhaps the reason Fletcher is scoring goals in the Reserves is that he has struck up a good partnership with Dyson who is playing as the main striker. So maybe Dyson should start as well in place of Ladapo or Taylor.

I heard about a couple of school boys who look quite good. Never seen them play but they will probably play for England. Scored hat tricks against Swilly Juniors. We should put them in. Can't do any worse.

Oct 16, 2016
I think fletcher is very good and I’d like to see him play off Taylor or Ladapo for a number of games.

Anything has to be better than letting Lameiras near a football pitch

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Shankster":148jai0f said:
I think fletcher is very good and I’d like to see him play off Taylor or Ladapo for a number of games.

Anything has to be better than letting Lameiras near a football pitch

Well I thought that we were in trouble … but, if Lameiras is our worst player, we are in much deeper excrement than I imagined!! :shock:

As for Balham Green's two schoolboys, never heard of Swilly Juniors, you didn't make them up, did you!!?? :shock: ;)

Oct 16, 2016
Lameiras had a few fair games during a run of form for the whole team. Prior to that Degsy tried to off load him to Oldham (if memory serves me right)

He’s shocking, not the worst because there’s heavy competition for that spot in this squad but a very poor footballer with a weak heart and a tepid attitude

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
There are very few things Shankster has ever written that I’ve agreed with :lol:

To be quite so dismissive of Lameiras when even his detractors recognise the talent he has, is bizarre to say the least. Make no mistake, he was fantastic during our winning run last season.

Anything has to be better than letting him near a football pitch? Come on.

Oct 14, 2015
All about opinions but I thought Lameiras did more in the short time he was on Saturday then Carey did the whole game. You need to actually be at the game to see a players attitude and desire and Carey showed little in either department. Maybe I'm use to him running the show but at the moment he'd have trouble running a bath. Fingers crossed that this Saturday is the game he shows up and plays to his max cause we need him to find last seasons form PDQ..

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Welwyn Pilgrim":y98g51xx said:
All about opinions but I thought Lameiras did more in the short time he was on Saturday then Carey did the whole game.

Agreed.

Same at Coventry as well.

Sep 6, 2006
Biggs":1iu1oozo said:
There are very few things Shankster has ever written that I’ve agreed with :lol:

To be quite so dismissive of Lameiras when even his detractors recognise the talent he has, is bizarre to say the least. Make no mistake, he was fantastic during our winning run last season.

Anything has to be better than letting him near a football pitch? Come on.

Letting Shankster near football management would be worse.

Sep 28, 2003
London
When we signed so many defenders in the summer I was sure Adams was going to move us to five at the back - I've been really surprised we've continued with four.

GK Macey

RWB Moore
LWB Smith-Brown

CB Edwards
CB Wooton
CB Sawyer

CM Fox/Songo'o
CM Sarkevic

AM Carey

ST Taylor/Ladapo

...would mean the players we're playing at full-back who aren't really defenders would be covered for a bit more. For variance, we could move Carey back a bit and play two up front.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Andy Holland":3gg6lnfm said:
When we signed so many defenders in the summer I was sure Adams was going to move us to five at the back - I've been really surprised we've continued with four.

GK Macey

RWB Moore
LWB Smith-Brown

CB Edwards
CB Wooton
CB Sawyer

CM Fox/Songo'o
CM Sarkevic

AM Carey

ST Taylor/Ladapo

...would mean the players we're playing at full-back who aren't really defenders would be covered for a bit more. For variance, we could move Carey back a bit and play two up front.

Spot on Andy. Although I'd go with Ness rather than Fox/Songo'o despite the latter's great performances so far.

Sep 6, 2006
Andy Holland":28i4y0ky said:

GK Macey

RWB Moore
LWB Smith-Brown

CB Edwards
CB Wooton
CB Sawyer

CM Fox/Songo'o
CM Sarkevic

AM Carey

ST Taylor/Ladapo

2 players in the middle not enough. Overrun

Oct 24, 2013
Balham_Green":1gic19qk said:
Andy Holland":1gic19qk said:

GK Macey

RWB Moore
LWB Smith-Brown

CB Edwards
CB Wooton
CB Sawyer

CM Fox/Songo'o
CM Sarkevic

AM Carey

ST Taylor/Ladapo

2 players in the middle not enough. Overrun

Is it me or are there only 10 players there! In which case, we’d definitely be overrun.