The 5th of August now seems to be the 12th August. | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The 5th of August now seems to be the 12th August.

G

grovehill

monkeywrench":keuuwl7g said:
grovehill":keuuwl7g said:
Palace started last season in Administration, I see no reason why PAFC can't.

As long as income covers expenditure, PAFC could stay in admin all season, as have other clubs, I believe.

As some of you are vehemently opposed to the current PB's, wouldn't that be better than ending up with the "wrong" owner?

None of us want the wrong owner Grovy, hence all the unrest on here. Paying the fees of the Administrator for another 11 months is an extremely unpalatable situation - any ideas what BG's monthly fees are - astronomical I should imagine.

You won't be paying his fees, the new owners will.

It's about time some people decided what they want, a new owner asap, the "right" owner however long it takes, a football fan rather than a builder (very unlikely) a "local" man, a "businessman," the City Council (less likely than any of the above)

I'm beginning to think a lot of Argyle fans spend their days being pushed around in a wheelchair by their carer, pointing & saying "I want that one"

The reality of course, is that fans have no say whatsoever in the resolution of this saga.

But then, some people appear to have only a passing aquaintance with reality.

B

bizzay1

grovehill":33hr1ywc said:
monkeywrench":33hr1ywc said:
grovehill":33hr1ywc said:

As long as income covers expenditure, PAFC could stay in admin all season, as have other clubs, I believe.

As some of you are vehemently opposed to the current PB's, wouldn't that be better than ending up with the "wrong" owner?

None of us want the wrong owner Grovy, hence all the unrest on here. Paying the fees of the Administrator for another 11 months is an extremely unpalatable situation - any ideas what BG's monthly fees are - astronomical I should imagine.

It's about time some people decided what they want, a new owner asap, the "right" owner however long it takes, a football fan rather than a builder (very unlikely) a "local" man, a "businessman," the City Council (less likely than any of the above)

I'm beginning to think a lot of Argyle fans spend their days being pushed around in a wheelchair by their carer, pointing & saying "I want that one"

The reality of course, is that fans have no say whatsoever in the resolution of this saga.

If we keep waiting for the poison ginger dwarf to save enough of his pocket money up to complete this deal we will wait till the end of time, why has he been allowed to force these documented and announced deadlines back until the end of time, there has got to come a point when BG says enough is enough, and I think the day before the new season starts is that point.
By the way I think that the prefered bidder will be the "wrong" owner, as you put it so lets not wait any longer. I have said it before and I'll say again - BRENDAN PICK UP THE PHONE, YOU KNOW IT MAKES SENSE!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

O

oggyale

Oh well,another deadline penciled in.

So much for the deal being completed at the end of this week then........ :banghead:

And i backed the PBs too.....Lost interest now.

Aug 15, 2008
People that supported the PB's are now seeing the light! The PB's are liars, charlatans, chancers, and out to pillage PAFC not to save it...

L

Laughter My Ploy

As long as Guilfoyle stills thinks everything is "hunky dory" and the "solicitors letter" is still good for the £5,000,000.00....theres nothing to worry about

B

bandwagon

oggyale":use9xeaq said:
Oh well,another deadline penciled in.

So much for the deal being completed at the end of this week then........ :banghead:

And i backed the PBs too.....Lost interest now.

What some have been saying all along, but as soon as that date goes into the start of the season and somehow the club can play matches - it will be dragged out even further!!

Can't for the life of me believe this can be of benefit to anyone in this mess really but there is a very strange game being played out and don't have much to do with kickin a ball around!! :? :? :? :? :?

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
What bothers me most is that the administrator is surely appointed to be a neutral party whose only interest is the well-being of the football club and whose priority is to ensure that it can operate well enough financially to compete at the required levels for the Football League. When deadlines keep being set and then broken (or 'extended'), even in the knowledge that there is a viable, ethical and popular alternative waiting in the wings, it raises some serious questions which as far as I'm concerned have been unsatisfactorily answered at best.

Mr Guilfoyle - whose side are you on, the football club or the PB's?

M

Marcus The Green

Is anybody else wondering if our club would be have been sold & out of administration by now with a HMRC appointed administrator??

B

bandwagon

Green_Matt":2w3zosz9 said:
What bothers me most is that the administrator is surely appointed to be a neutral party whose only interest is the well-being of the football club and whose priority is to ensure that it can operate well enough financially to compete at the required levels for the Football League. When deadlines keep being set and then broken (or 'extended'), even in the knowledge that there is a viable, ethical and popular alternative waiting in the wings, it raises some serious questions which as far as I'm concerned have been unsatisfactorily answered at best.

Mr Guilfoyle - whose side are you on, the football club or the PB's?

Brought in by Ridsdale - not an 'open' auction, a closed shop!!

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The next pay day for the staff and players is on the horizon, previous requests for a wage deferral have come in the first week of each month, so postponing the take over for another week will surely see another deferral request to the staff.

Unless the money from WH Bond can be used to pay the staff or is that ring-fenced?
Or is the plan to keep delaying until the season starts and use match-day income to run the club and pay wages?

Meanwhile, Heaney, Ridsdale and BIL are scurrying around trying to raise some cash, the Argyle Founder's scheme being one way of raising cash.

Jul 29, 2010
Marcus The Green":2dwttnjv said:
Is anybody else wondering if our club would be have been sold & out of administration by now with a HMRC appointed administrator??

Yes, it would have been done quickly and fairly and we'd be looking forwards not kicking our heels.

Even if they'd wound us up the speed with which Plan B has started tells me we'd be better off now than we are. We'd be debt free, solvent, able to actually sign players rather than have them 'guesting', some staff would have left but what remained would be paid, we'd only be a division or two lower with a buyer who is there for the right reasons and a squad of players not far short of the standard we 'enjoy' now.

MOST importantly we would have integrity back, honesty back, trust backl and unity back.

Mar 3, 2004
Cornwall
Marcus The Green":2v31nuc2 said:

I've thought this for a while as HMRC would have forced us into administration much earlier had it not been for a letter that turned out not to be worth the ink in which it was written that was presented to them as our 'business plan'.

G

GreenMill

Mark_Smith":39nbc8y1 said:
...and could some of those knowledgable people please tell us what the contractual / golden share situation is once and for all? i have been asking / suggesting for months that the 5 Aug deadline was meaningless if gate receipts can cover the staff/players wage bill and the FL considers our finances "sustainable" for the next 11 months. This latest news suggests that that deadline is bogus, but can we actually sign players on contracts until the sale concludes?
Mark, the Football League continues to recognise the 'club in administration' as a League Member and therefore the holder of the golden share. They will or at least can continue to recognise the club in that way til the end of the forthcoming season. If we are still in administration at that stage, then we will no longer be allowed to stay in the League.

Under the FL rules about clubs in administration we can not buy players from other clubs but we can sign players who are out of contract or who have no contract.

It's a technical point I know but Ridsdale is seeking the transfer of the golden share from the existing club (which has not been liquidated) to his new company PAFC 125.

So yes, as long as revenue can cover expenses for the next 11 months, we can continue to watch the Glorious Greens surge up League 2!

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
grovehill":kjiv508j said:
monkeywrench":kjiv508j said:
grovehill":kjiv508j said:

If we keep waiting for the poison ginger dwarf to save enough of his pocket money up to complete this deal we will wait till the end of time, why has he been allowed to force these documented and announced deadlines back until the end of time, there has got to come a point when BG says enough is enough, and I think the day before the new season starts is that point.
By the way I think that the prefered bidder will be the "wrong" owner, as you put it so lets not wait any longer. I have said it before and I'll say again - BRENDAN PICK UP THE PHONE, YOU KNOW IT MAKES SENSE!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I don't think it's Guilfoyle that is "forcing" the delays.

Imho, it's Ridsdale who is pulling the strings and there must be some whacking great strings attached!

Think about who Ridsdale has dragged in. Guilfoyle for starters (big money earner for BG), Hinchcliffe and Jones. All cohorts from previous adventures.

I can't work out the link with Heaney and Ridsdale though.

Fwiw, I think BG is seriously embarrassed by the whole shebang and can't get away quick enough.