Team for Leicester | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Team for Leicester

Mar 14, 2024
Think it would be harsh to drop Scarr per the OP’s team given he has objectively been the best CB recently. My 11 would probably be:

Cooper

Edwards (he’s been fine for me to be honest, I like Sorinola too but think we need “characters” on the pitch to use a cliche)
Phillips (for his pace, haven’t seen Pleggy much but he looked a bit rusty last night. Ideally Galloway but seems there is something going on there)
Scarr
Gibson
Mumba

Forshaw
Randell (his ability to drive the ball forward on occasion will be useful I suspect)

Whittaker
Bundu (would not be surprised to see Hardie but agree he needs some time out)
Wright / Devine / Waine (suspect ND will lean Wright but can’t say I am passionate about who this third spot goes to given all 3 haven’t been great)
Agree with all of this, except I would start with Houghton and save Fordham for the final half hour. Whoever we go with it will be a long, tough night… nails bitten to the wrists already! 🥬

Feb 20, 2021
Cooper

Pleggy
Gibson
Galloway

Bali
Houghton
Rands
Miller

Whittaker
Bundu

Waine

Pacey back 3 for this one. Scarr, Edwards and Hardie back in for Stoke. Prefer Bundu slightly wider.

Jun 17, 2006
Reading
It would be 4-3-1-2 for me.

Cooper
Edwards….Scarr…Gibson….Galloway
Randell….Houghton….Miller
Mumba
Whittaker….Bundu

Subs:
Hazard
Forshaw
Hardie
Wright
Waine
Pleg
Sorinola
Phillips
Devine

Oct 20, 2022
Galloway and Miller will be well motivated to play well with the game on Sky and prospective clubs watching.I don’t believe either that they wouldn’t try their best for their teammates.Lots of the players are likely to change before next year so for now we need fit and fast for Friday.

Greendawe

♣️ PASALB Member
Mar 20, 2020
I see Callum Wright has done the preview for the Leicester match on Argyle TV. On usual form that means he's playing.

Oct 9, 2023
4-4-1-1 and actually no problem playing this for the rest of the season.
Midfield is a huge problem for us at least this looks a bit more solid.
Hopefully Eddie going off yesterday will mean he's available to start on Friday
Yes, on Tuesday Millwall played a solid 4-4-2 in their 1-0 win over Leicester who played
4-2-3-1 and a tight game with few shots,
only 6 by Millwall and 11 by Leicester.

Two weeks ago Bristol City played 3-4-2-1 in their 1-0 win over Leicester who played
4-3-3 and the game was a bit more open with 16 shots by Bristol and 11 shots by Leicester.

So, as several posters have mentioned,
we might need more players in midfield .
Possibly Mumba in front of Edwards
( Sorinola or Pleggy too or later) to double up on Mavididi and the overlapping Justin. Then Miller in front of Galloway
( Sorinola or Sousa in either position too or later) to double up on Fatawu and the overlapping Pereira.

Despite Leicester's speed up front, we will still need the aerial strength and experience of Dan Scarr as forwards Daka, Iheanacho, Mavididi are all over 6 feet, Vardy is a bit shorter but fiery and physical then
Ndidi (midfield) , defenders Faes and
man - mountain Vestergaard (6ft 6in)
are also all over 6ft. and dangerous
coming up for corners and set-pieces.

Cooper
Edwards. Scarr. Gibson. Galloway
Mumba Forshaw. Houghton Miller
Whittaker. Bundu

Solid unit to keep it 0-0 (or 1-0 !)
by half time .
Then after 60 mins (and later) bring on up to 5 subs. from Hardie, Randell, Wright, Sorinola, Waine , Issaka , Devine, Sousa ,
and/or from Pleggy, Phillips, Roberts,
Hazard or Burton if necessary.

Mexijan1

🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽
✅ Evergreen
Jul 17, 2023
Cooper

Phillips Scarr Gibson Galloway

Randell Houghton Forshaw

Whittaker Mumba

Waine

Got to get a hold in the midfield or it could be a long night. I would play Phillips RB and swap for Matty when his legs go or vice-a-versa. Hardie and Bundu to come on if we are still in with a sniff of points if not give him a rest.

Reactions: Tugboat

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
Cooper
Edwards Gibson Scarr Galloway Sorinola
Randell Forshaw Mumba
Whittaker
Hardie​

Reactions: Paul green14
Aug 30, 2006
I would rest Whittaker and Hardie tonight (until as late as possible if we are still in it)...
Load the midfield and hope for some real luck.

Cooper
Sorinola Phillips Scarr Gibson Galloway
Houghton Forshaw Miller
Randell
Bundu

Reactions: terrymechan