Team for Leicester | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Team for Leicester

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
He has done it twice infact, once for us at Leicester and once for Stoke at home when the Tigers won 5-0. As an aside, that was on 3rd Feb and put Leicester 11 points clear of Southampton in 2nd and 13 clear of Ipswich in 4th. So even the top sides can squander a large points advantage and several of their results show they are now far from invincible. Indeed, they will know that if Leeds and Ipswich maintain their momentum they could end up 3rd. That must be on their mind.

Yes, we are now into the mind games period.

It's not just about how good you can play football, but how strong you are mentality.

They are far & away much better than us as a footballing side. However, do they have the bottle? That's something though we need to find a way of testing with the liklihood of us having around 30% possession in the game.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Youve not been to many Argyle matches then if he’s “one of the worst”
I edited my comment, as you can see. I accept it was unfairly harsh, and made out of frustration.

I just don't rate him, and I should have left it at that.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Only three days turnaround for this one. We need mobility at the back, stability in midfield, and energy up front.

The problem we have at the back is that we have two good LCBs (Gibson, Galloway) and two decent CBs (Gibson, Scarr), but no reliable RCB. Phillips and Pleggy both look dodgy.

Randell flatters to deceive a bit for me. He could make a good Championship CM but he's not technically or tactically there yet. Experience and looking after the ball required for this one.

Hardie is cooked. Wright and Waine not up to it. The front three picks itself in my view.

I'd go with the following:

Cooper
Pleggy Gibson Galloway
Sorinola Houghton Forshaw Miller
Whittaker Bundu Mumba
I agree with that line up for Leicester.

GU7Green

✅ Evergreen
May 10, 2022
Godalming, Surrey
https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/topic/134522-plymouth-a/

I appreciate Leicester have, ahem *cough* differing ambitions to us but their forum is mad, heaps of them moaning and whining and 3/4s saying they are coming to pick up a defeat and fully expecting to lose. I know they've fallen off a cliff recently but come on! they are TOP, its utterly ridiculous

Its always interesting reading other forums I find, we're all more cautious on our own teams prospects arent we ?

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2023
Coops
Pleggy Gibson Galloway
Edwards Forshaw Houghton Mumba
Whittaker Devine
Bundu

I think Scarr might be exposed v Leicester for pace, hence bringing Galloway back in.
Phillips needs a break.
I've stick with Edwards because we need to be solid. If he tires, switch Mumba over and bring on Miller.
Devine is quality on the ball and takes it in tight spaces. I know he's not everyone's cup of tea.
Agree that Ryan needs a break, and Bundu and Waine are a toss of a coin for me. Bundu probably shades it as I think he's really hungry.
Good team .

Very similar but going for :

Cooper
Pleggy. Gibson. Galloway
Edwards. Miller
Forshaw Houghton

Whittaker Mumba
Bundu

- Dangerous spearhead of 3 attackers .

- Sad to leave out Dan Scarr , but as mentioned by others, Leicester are really quick on the ground. Dan might come on later but will probably be needed more
away to Stoke, Millwall etc..

- Randell to come on after 60 minutes to drive us on and forward., take good corners, shoot well etc..

- Hardie to come on after 45 or 60 minutes to take advantage of their tiring , slower defenders .

- Sorinola and Sousa could replace Edwards and Miller at some time in the second half to add fresh legs on the wing back areas.

- Also from the bench, Waine , Issaka, Devine or Wright could be used to bolster the attack and take the ball up the pitch then Phillips , Roberts, Hazard or Burton
might also need to come on depending on the score and the circumstances.

Reactions: monkeywrench

Mat

🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
Sep 22, 2003
Sidney, British Columbia,, Canada
Only three days turnaround for this one. We need mobility at the back, stability in midfield, and energy up front.

The problem we have at the back is that we have two good LCBs (Gibson, Galloway) and two decent CBs (Gibson, Scarr), but no reliable RCB. Phillips and Pleggy both look dodgy.

Randell flatters to deceive a bit for me. He could make a good Championship CM but he's not technically or tactically there yet. Experience and looking after the ball required for this one.

Hardie is cooked. Wright and Waine not up to it. The front three picks itself in my view.

I'd go with the following:

Cooper
Pleggy Gibson Galloway
Sorinola Houghton Forshaw Miller
Whittaker Bundu Mumba
Sorinola, Forshaw, Miller, Bundu wont last 90, there’s 4 subs just for that, regardless of wanting to change tactics, or injury.

Reactions: Paul green14
Oct 8, 2005
cattedown
Cooper
Pleggy Gibson Galloway
Sorinola Randell Houghton Forshaw Mumba
Whittaker
Bundu

I think that would give us our best chance of getting something out of the game.

Mark Smith

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Luxembourg and Horsham
We will be dominated in possession and that means being strong defensively. I’d play a cautious five. Edwards could have a role to play at RB. I’m less sure about Miller on the left as he likes to get up.

We will need to be very aware positionally so I’d have Forshaw starting to help relieve the pressure with intelligent out balls.

I’d definitely keep the younger, fresher legs on the bench for the 60-minute mark, with the exception of Bundu who has the pace for breaks.

I guess a lot of decisions will be made on the training ground today, who looks sharp and who is tired.

Sep 12, 2015
Cooper
Phillips Gibson Galloway
Edwards Forshaw Randell Miller
Whittaker Waine Mumba

Hard to leave Scarr out!
So Phillips deserves to play and not scar! Nah not for me Phillips gets turned and not that quick, but I do like him but scar all day long for me.

Reactions: oldage