Team for Leicester | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Team for Leicester

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
Only three days turnaround for this one. We need mobility at the back, stability in midfield, and energy up front.

The problem we have at the back is that we have two good LCBs (Gibson, Galloway) and two decent CBs (Gibson, Scarr), but no reliable RCB. Phillips and Pleggy both look dodgy.

Randell flatters to deceive a bit for me. He could make a good Championship CM but he's not technically or tactically there yet. Experience and looking after the ball required for this one.

Hardie is cooked. Wright and Waine not up to it. The front three picks itself in my view.

I'd go with the following:

Cooper
Pleggy Gibson Galloway
Sorinola Houghton Forshaw Miller
Whittaker Bundu Mumba

Jun 22, 2023
Think it would be harsh to drop Scarr per the OPā€™s team given he has objectively been the best CB recently. My 11 would probably be:

Cooper

Edwards (heā€™s been fine for me to be honest, I like Sorinola too but think we need ā€œcharactersā€ on the pitch to use a cliche)
Phillips (for his pace, havenā€™t seen Pleggy much but he looked a bit rusty last night. Ideally Galloway but seems there is something going on there)
Scarr
Gibson
Mumba

Forshaw
Randell (his ability to drive the ball forward on occasion will be useful I suspect)

Whittaker
Bundu (would not be surprised to see Hardie but agree he needs some time out)
Wright / Devine / Waine (suspect ND will lean Wright but canā€™t say I am passionate about who this third spot goes to given all 3 havenā€™t been great)

Reactions: BrixtonGreen

cheshiregreen

āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Assuming Leicester will start Vardy or Iheanacho up front and have willing runners from midfield, aren't we going to need pace at the back?

At Millwall, despite losing, Leicester still had over 70% possession, so we might set up a little differently. When we have possession we can't afford to give it away easily that's for sure.

Expect us to try and limit Leicester from creating chances. Fear their pace on the break will do for us otherwise.

Timeout

Jade Berrow 23/24
Jul 24, 2006
Budapest
I would like to see JH at the base of midfield with Randell and forshaw ahead of him..... Would give us more solidarity in the centre maybe not give up so many chances and move Morgan (a free role?) in alongside Hardie/bundu..... Nothing against wright, it's just we aren't creating or playing like we did with azaz. We were lucky to score last night..... Maybe this would allow the wing backs to attack more freely and use Randells energy for support and forshaws quality to try and feed the front 2. JH always seems to be better in a three man midfield.

Bali and sorinola as wing backs..... Maybe miller...

Going to need energy as we won't see the ball much and fast in transition.... Fast direct wing backs with a hard working 3 man midfield.

Jan 16, 2024
I'm not expecting them to do this, but I'd like, 4, 1, 2, 2, 1
Cooper
Edwards, Scarr, Gibson, Galloway
Pleggy (deep holding position)
Randell, Forshaw
Mumba, Whittaker,
Waine
The front man is going to have to be able to run channels and hold the ball. Options are limited but I'd like to see Waine be that runner. Mumba and Whitaker given license to roam and not stay out wide.

Oct 1, 2013
Cooper
Pleggy Scarr Gibson
Mumba Miller
Forshaw Houghton
Whittaker Randell
Bundu

I wanna see Hardie off the bench for once... using pace against tiring defenders when the game opens up a bit more.

And i wanna see Randell in a more advanced, freer role than previously. He has the energy and finish to trouble defenders.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Coops
Pleggy Gibson Galloway
Edwards Forshaw Houghton Mumba
Whittaker Devine
Bundu

I think Scarr might be exposed v Leicester for pace, hence bringing Galloway back in.
Phillips needs a break.
I've stick with Edwards because we need to be solid. If he tires, switch Mumba over and bring on Miller.
Devine is quality on the ball and takes it in tight spaces. I know he's not everyone's cup of tea.
Agree that Ryan needs a break, and Bundu and Waine are a toss of a coin for me. Bundu probably shades it as I think he's really hungry.

Aug 8, 2014
4-4-1-1 and actually no problem playing this for the rest of the season.
Midfield is a huge problem for us at least this looks a bit more solid.
Hopefully Eddie going off yesterday will mean he's available to start on Friday

Reactions: Paul green14

memory man

āœ… Evergreen
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
It's time to release Freddie down the middle and from the start. I would tell him today so his family can make sure they are there. Then get him watching Vardy videos, studying movement and runs. Hardie is looking exhausted and a tired body leads to poor decisions. But we need pace at this level and Freddie has it. Kids are generally fearless. Full house, opposition top of the league, an evening game with floodlights and Sky. An intoxicating combination and the kind of scenario football loves.
Although it was 1963, I clearly recall debutant Mike Trebilcock wheeling away from the Barn Park having scored what turned out to be the winner against Southampton. Ellis Stuttard's gamble paid off. And guess what? It was on Friday 12 April.
I tell you, its written in the stars.