Tavistock v Argyle | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Tavistock v Argyle

Sep 6, 2006
Dalton Is God":2f8dxz4d said:
X Isle":2f8dxz4d said:
Speaking of expectations, did you really expect that DA would play two games on the same day and NOT have all his first team squad at the game he was actually watching? I mean, he's very good, but he isn't yet omnipresent.

Surely that’s what assistant managers are for...

Not sure why it would be so important for DA to have to see all his first teamers anyway. What is he going to learn with Helston & Tavistock
as opposition?

Sep 6, 2006
plymouth1970":1ubr5zi9 said:
foreigner":1ubr5zi9 said:
Helston_Green":1ubr5zi9 said:
plymouth1970":1ubr5zi9 said:
Go on then.

Well I'm hardly going to have it to hand am I? Again, you're completely missing the point but nothing beats a Saturday evening wind up right? :banghead:

Here's a thread on the Cornwall football forum which backs it up. http://www.cornwallfootballforum.com/to ... w-on-sale/

Helston's chairman said: "In response to comments placed on the Cornwall Football Forum, I have today contacted senior management at Plymouth Argyle FC. They have confirmed that it is intended that the team that will play Helston AFC in a pre-season fixture will be comprised of mostly first-team squad players. The suggestion by one Cornwall Football Forum poster is that they may be sending their Academy/SWPL side for this fixture is erroneous.

The team have also confirmed that after the game there will be opportunities for spectators to get photos taken with the players, who will also be willing to sign autographs, as time allows. We look forward to welcoming Plymouth Argyle players, management, officials and supporters to Kellaway Park on Saturday July 14th, Kick off 3:00 pm, for what is sure to be an exciting afternoon of football. "
I think that's fairly conclusive!
How is that conclusive? Where have Argyle confirmed that the first team (players) would turn up ?? I could put an advert out tomorrow stating my 14 year old sons team will be playing Argyles first team... £10 entry, hot dogs £6

So you saying the Helston chairman is lying?

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
I think this is a case of people knowing nothing about non league and have no interest in non league because argyle are in league one. It is always sad to see people not giving a stuff about local teams and helping to raise a bit of money for them. Helston would have benefitted either way with that crowd but a turn out of 500 would suggest they were expecting the real deal not the children

Nov 14, 2010
Cornwall
Having re-located to the Penzance area during the past year I went along to the game at Helston. My conclusion on the politics of what sort of Argyle side would turn out is that Helston were a bit misled and had fully expected, as had I, that there would be a 'mix' of the first team squad and youth players. Because my Home Park visits are confined to League One games, unfortunately I only recognised Michael Cooper when the starting XI came out. However, I was very impressed with the standard of football these young Argyle players achieved. It augers well for the future of the club that we have a number of talented players coming through.
Quintrell Green is spot on with his stand out nominations of Ryan Law and Cameron Sangster. Law in particular impressed me and not just with his calm football brain. He took a bit of stick from his lesser gifted opponents but reacted well and with maturity to it. If I had been a scout (heaven forbid) his name would definitely have gone in my notebook.
Helston AFC staff were most welcoming and I hope they are not too aggrieved at the lack of 'names' appearing. They will certainly have enjoyed the quality of football played by this Argyle side.
Just one other thing.....in an attempt to replicate my usual Argyle match day experience, I stopped off at Annes Pasty Shop in Helston on the way to the ground and purchased a large steak pasty......it was substantial and it was delicious!
:scarf:

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
I don’t know about replicate your match day experience but my memories of Anne’s pasties down on The Lizard would suggest you had enhanced your match day experience markedly over an Ivor’s.

Jul 13, 2006
plymouth1970":1dprq69s said:
foreigner":1dprq69s said:
Helston_Green":1dprq69s said:
plymouth1970":1dprq69s said:
Go on then.

Well I'm hardly going to have it to hand am I? Again, you're completely missing the point but nothing beats a Saturday evening wind up right? :banghead:

Here's a thread on the Cornwall football forum which backs it up. http://www.cornwallfootballforum.com/to ... w-on-sale/

Helston's chairman said: "In response to comments placed on the Cornwall Football Forum, I have today contacted senior management at Plymouth Argyle FC. They have confirmed that it is intended that the team that will play Helston AFC in a pre-season fixture will be comprised of mostly first-team squad players. The suggestion by one Cornwall Football Forum poster is that they may be sending their Academy/SWPL side for this fixture is erroneous.

The team have also confirmed that after the game there will be opportunities for spectators to get photos taken with the players, who will also be willing to sign autographs, as time allows. We look forward to welcoming Plymouth Argyle players, management, officials and supporters to Kellaway Park on Saturday July 14th, Kick off 3:00 pm, for what is sure to be an exciting afternoon of football. "
I think that's fairly conclusive!
How is that conclusive? Where have Argyle confirmed that the first team (players) would turn up ?? I could put an advert out tomorrow stating my 14 year old sons team will be playing Argyles first team... £10 entry, hot dogs £6
It's all about building links with all the clubs and supporters in the South West. Helston were expecting at least a sprinkling of first team players and had that confirmed to them prior to the game.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
IJN":5dy9mgve said:
Loved Freddy and Canavan looked tasty as well.

Wootton looks like a natural captain and Eddy looked ultra fit for the whole 90.

Canavan, Wootton and Edwards can presumably only all play if we switch formation though. Or is one of them able to play a different role to CB?