Tavistock v Argyle | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Tavistock v Argyle

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Loved Freddy and Canavan looked tasty as well.

Wootton looks like a natural captain and Eddy looked ultra fit for the whole 90.

May 8, 2011
Of the match squad there today only Conor Grant didn’t get any match time. Hopefully not carrying an injury.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
It was disappointing to make the effort to travel from North Cornwall to near the southern most point of England and see such a poor representation of First XI players despite it being posted on here that they would be The team was largely the 18 age group. The stand out player on the pitch was Law, Argyle's left back, followed by Sangster in midfield who was a good distributor of the ball.. Enjoyment of the game was compromised by there being no PA announcement of teams nor substutions. The piece of paper that was nicely printed as a programme gave Argyles First XI players names and shirt numbers. It was not helped that the numbered shirts were worn by the young players. Anyhow, it did not rain!

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
IJN":9blplbj8 said:
Loved Freddy and Canavan looked tasty as well.

Wootton looks like a natural captain and Eddy looked ultra fit for the whole 90.

I've only seen the Parkway game so far but Ladapo and Canavan have stood out for me as well.
Ladapo brings to the team what Taylor does but also gives us pace, especially down the channels.

Onto Torquay!

Sep 6, 2006
Quintrell_Green":2nab0nsi said:
It was disappointing to make the effort to travel from North Cornwall to near the southern most point of England and see such a poor representation of First XI players despite it being posted on here that they would be The team was largely the 18 age group. The stand out player on the pitch was Law, Argyle's left back, followed by Sangster in midfield who was a good distributor of the ball.. Enjoyment of the game was compromised by there being no PA announcement of teams nor substutions. The piece of paper that was nicely printed as a programme gave Argyles First XI players names and shirt numbers. It was not helped that the numbered shirts were worn by the young players. Anyhow, it did not rain!

TaVy is 'near the southern most part of England'!?

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Balham_Green":3phsdmv7 said:
Quintrell_Green":3phsdmv7 said:

TaVy is 'near the southern most part of England'!?

Helston mate, Floral Dance country, on the way to The Lizard

Jul 29, 2010
Quintrell. Oh dear Lord, how awful. You'll be telling us they didn't have VAR next too, tsk tsk.

The hospitality of the non league, the honest endeavours of teams FROM their community playing FOR their community trumps anything football league teams can ever pretend to provide in terms of hospitality and community.

Yet you come away from the day upset about the lack of PA announcements, the lack of a non glossy full colour programme with accurate information. Seriously? They are a non league community club, run by volunteers, what did you expect?

Speaking of expectations, did you really expect that DA would play two games on the same day and NOT have all his first team squad at the game he was actually watching? I mean, he's very good, but he isn't yet omnipresent.

You had a day in the glorious sunshine, in a gloriously beautiful part of the world and watched an Argyle team win, putting in five goals without reply. My heart bleeds for you.

Dec 29, 2011
XIsle. Easy to say from behind a keyboard.I travelled from London to the Helston friendly.Clearly Helston were expecting some first teamers as I heard the chairman say he would be contacting Argyle.If you had taken your children along or come in a minibus with disabled people.and their carers you may have felt differently. Anyway it was a glorious day and Helston went the extra mile.AlI I am saying is why the secrecy of what team he was sending to what match.There was nothing on the official site to give the impression that no real furst teamers would be involved in the Helston match.I think Argyle may have lost some brownie points in this part of Cornwall today

H

Helston_Green

The Night Riveria":vpl9j4gq said:
XIsle. Easy to say from behind a keyboard.I travelled from London to the Helston friendly.Clearly Helston were expecting some first teamers as I heard the chairman say he would be contacting Argyle.If you had taken your children along or come in a minibus with disabled people.and their carers you may have felt differently. Anyway it was a glorious day and Helston went the extra mile.AlI I am saying is why the secrecy of what team he was sending to what match.There was nothing on the official site to give the impression that no real furst teamers would be involved in the Helston match.I think Argyle may have lost some brownie points in this part of Cornwall today

I'm involved at Helston and sadly this was a bit naughty of Argyle. As with a pre-season game last summer (from memory) it was expected Argyle would split the first team squad. Helston's chairman wrote to Argyle asking if this would be the case as he feared it could be a development side, and he was reassured that there would be several first team players present.

As a result the chairman plugged the game as such, advertising far and wide and stating a promise he had from Argyle, but was left disappointed when the youth side turned up.

There was a huge crowd of about 500 and hopefully they won't be put off returned if ever a similar fixture should be advertised in the future.

That said, some lovely football was played and the beer was cold. Just a shame Argyle weren't transparent with their intentions and didn't leave Helston's chairman feeling like an idiot.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Both were sitting it out at Tavi.

Bob took a wonderful photo of them both for GoS. :greensmile:

B

Bonehead

Helston_Green":2m6xzbiq said:
The Night Riveria":2m6xzbiq said:

I'm involved at Helston and sadly this was a bit naughty of Argyle. As with a pre-season game last summer (from memory) it was expected Argyle would split the first team squad. Helston's chairman wrote to Argyle asking if this would be the case as he feared it could be a development side, and he was reassured that there would be several first team players present.

As a result the chairman plugged the game as such, advertising far and wide and stating a promise he had from Argyle, but was left disappointed when the youth side turned up.

There was a huge crowd of about 500 and hopefully they won't be put off returned if ever a similar fixture should be advertised in the future.

That said, some lovely football was played and the beer was cold. Just a shame Argyle weren't transparent with their intentions and didn't leave Helston's chairman feeling like an idiot.

Awful by Argyle , I hope Helston refuse a friendly next season, that’ll show those big city boys .

PS I hope the 500 attendees enjoyed the game

FFS