Tavistock AFC | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Tavistock AFC

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
The F Troop take some beating as a crowd who love their team. I know one of the guys that organises them and he was telling me about the love of the club he had and he’s actually moving back to Falmouth from Plymouth to be more involved. 😳

I must admit, it’s not for me, but wish all the non league teams well. I wish I could still play.

Oct 10, 2012
Falmouth have ridiculous support for this level! Must be a joy to play for them right now given their crowds. Think on Boxing Day their crowd against Penryn was 1100 😮‍💨

On Tavistock we need 3 wins from 4 to secure the title and promotion to Southern League Div 1. Whatever happens weve had an amazing season considering we lost key players in the summer and replaced them with about 3/4 teenagers!

Reactions: Daz
May 8, 2011
The F Troop take some beating as a crowd who love their team. I know one of the guys that organises them and he was telling me about the love of the club he had and he’s actually moving back to Falmouth from Plymouth to be more involved. 😳

I must admit, it’s not for me, but wish all the non league teams well. I wish I could still play.
During the period when Argyle was behind closed doors but you could still watch non league matches I went to watch numerous SWPL games, Falmouth was certainly one of the best days out, not just the town on a sunny Saturday but the atmosphere at the ground created by the F troop.

Reactions: Daz

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
Exmouth win 9 - 0, but this only spurred Tavi to go out and do the same.

The two meet next up in a match which will probably decide which one is champion.

BTW - interesting how the recently promoted clubs (from the SWPL) along with existing Devonian teams have dominated the Western League. The quality in Devon and Cornwall was always there.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2012
We’re 3pts clear with a +3 on the goal difference front.

For the neutral it’s set to be a great finish however I have no fingernails left as it is and my pants are brown

Reactions: AdelaideGreen

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Good luck to Tavy tonight. Hopefully they can get the draw they need at Exmouth otherwise it's all down to goal difference on the last day.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Tavistock 0 Exmouth 1 in 2nd half

ATT. 728

Oct 10, 2012
Level on pts going into the final day with us having a better goal difference of +1

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
FULL-TIME - Exmouth Town 1 Tavistock 0. A narrow defeat here at Southern Road. All to play for on Saturday.

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
All set for a nervous day for both Devon teams and supporters.
I think both can possibly be promoted anyway. Is that correct Carlo?

Edit: I believe the 2nd team will likely enter a playoff against a step 4 team.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2012
I’m not sure. From what I have seen I believe a win for both teams will have us as the 9th best team on PPG (it’s all very confusing)

I’ve seen someone on twitter who has a table for all the second place teams at step 5 PPG and Exmouth currently are in the top 10 imagine a win for both teams will be enough

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Both teams with identical records after 35 games apart from Tavy having just one goal difference better.
Tavistock finish at home against next to bottom Ashton while Exmouth finish away against 6th place Shepton Mallett.
I guess that makes Tavy slight favourites but Ashton beat Tavy just a few weeks ago and drew with 3rd placed Mousehole last week so plenty to do still.

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
I have seen a table comparing PPG for all step 5 leagues, comparing the 2nd place teams.

If this is correct, and I read it correctly...

Exmouth are currently 9th (and the top 10 get promoted automatically) and will stay in the top 10 IF they win their last game. If they lose or draw they MAY miss out (depending on other results in other leagues) in which case they will then have a play off against a current Step 4 team with the winner going/staying to Step 4 & the loser playing at Step 5.

The same would be true for Tavi if Exmouth overtake them and go up as champion.

In summary, if Tavi and Exmouth win their last matches they will both be promoted.

Last edited:
Reactions: Carlo
Oct 10, 2012
That’s how I’m reading it too! I’m glad we’re on the same page! Obviously want to win the title but the main thing is getting over the line into the Southern League.

Ashton won’t be an easy game they still have something to play for. Hopefully an early goal to settle the nerves.

Now to find out what happens if we finish level on goal difference….