Tavistock AFC | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Tavistock AFC

Oct 10, 2012
Just trying to give them a bit more recognition with their own thread.

Another win yesterday moves them 9 points clear at the top of the Western League (although teams do have games in hand). Given the amount of top teams they have faced in comparison to the rest of their challengers this will hopefully stand them in good stead for the rest of season.

A side who play good football with a smaller budget doing really well and long may it continue.

Oct 10, 2012
Top of the table clash at home to Bitton if anyone fancies an afternoon watching football!

Oct 10, 2012
A good 1-0 win at home against a promotion rival. Currently 7 points clear at the top however others do have a few games in hand.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Looks like you've got the thread to yourself Carlo. There's never been a great interest in Tavistock on here unless we're playing them in a pre season game. I would imagine there's even less interest now that Paul Stapleton is Chair.

Oct 10, 2012
Looks like you've got the thread to yourself Carlo. There's never been a great interest in Tavistock on here unless we're playing them in a pre season game. I would imagine there's even less interest now that Paul Stapleton is Chair.
You never know someone might be interested at some point ha!

They play good football on a small budget and well worth a visit at some point. Despite losing key players last season the manager has come up trumps again and bought in a few new players (majority teenagers) and got them top of the league.

Reactions: MartinH

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Nope, still not interested 😂😂

Reactions: Carlo
Sep 26, 2011
Yet another great win for The Lambs at home to Buckland Athletic, 3:Nil. In front of 338 and a certain Neil Warnock. Great to see some Argyle season ticket holders come along today with one from Exeter City. Non league Family!

Reactions: Carlo
Oct 10, 2012
Not a classic game but was good game management on a difficult pitch. Glad to see fans came out in their numbers and will hopefully see them again.

13 games to go for Tavistock and fingers crossed they keep marching on!

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
Interesting that about 3 or 4 seasons back Tavistock did not want to apply for promotion from the SW Peninsula league because (to paraphrase) it was not financially viable. Fewer away supporters and greater travel costs.

Now they are knocking on the Southern League doors.

What could have happened 🤔

Sep 26, 2011
Tavistock have been astute with finances. They have a great team of volunteers. Gates have slowly increased. It helps that other South West Clubs have similar ambitions. The Western League has also become more South West centric following reorganisation at Non League step 5. Should Tavistock win promotion, then there may be Devon Derbies against Bideford, Barnstaple, Willand, Plymouth Parkway, Exmouth and Tiverton.

Reactions: Carlo and MartinH
Oct 10, 2012
I think it’s mandatory to take promotion these days anyway (could be wrong).
Club has come on leaps and bounds in the last few years and long may it continue.

Jan 11, 2016

I want all Devon and Cornwall clubs doing well with Argyle at the top of the pile. People need to know that football is flourishing in the South West plus opportunities for going out on loan at clubs playing at a decent level. I trust Alistair Campbell is following their progress closely!

Oct 10, 2012
Football is slowly rising within the non league levels down here. Ambitious clubs like Parkway, Tavistock, Mousehole, Helston and Barnstaple (new owner with money) to name a few all looking to climb the leagues.

I can’t recommend it enough to football fans please go watch your local sides if you get a chance you won’t be disappointed!!

I've started watching Frome Town FC, there were a couple of closer non league teams, but I was drawn to them as they seemed to be run really well.

Watched a few games since there and really enjoyed it. Even got some spots on the team coach for Winchester away this weekend!

Oct 10, 2012
Enjoy It Alex! Hopefully see you next season as it’s one of the potential closer games for Tavistock (if promoted) but good luck with your promotion push!