Tats. | Page 12 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Tats.

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
Pasoti🫶
Thank you so much🫶
I was quite distressed and depressed on Saturday night, but I'm feeling better now
I love Plymouth🫶 pasty🫶
Saturday 🔥 come on ARGYLE!
You will ALWAYS be welcome here, ignore the idiots.
Just save some pasty for the rest of us.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Some of the abusive comments written about players, staff, SH, are frankly upsetting and unacceptable, but they will continue as long as nobody calls them out. I have done so once or twice and been abused in return so it needs a concerted effort by more than one or two to really challenge them and let people know that many, if not most, Argyle fans find them grossly offensive. At the moment, the people making them get kudos from a few others of the same ilk and they end up competing with each other to show how 'hard' they are. It's just horrible to read and I shudder to think what SH and others thing - hopefully they don't see it. Being called the c word is embarrassing - who do they so called fans think they are?

I think that's why more and more people are joining or reading Pasoti because any abusive comments are moderated plus the bonus of 'Argyle Official' putting the record straight or giving info straight from the horses mouth.

Criticism and different opinions are fine; abuse isn't.

Twitter or Facebook is a free for all.

GU7Green

✅ Evergreen
May 10, 2022
Godalming, Surrey
interesting (and also depressing) thread this, or where it’s meandered to.

Coke is the lightening rod here, that and the whole “broadcast yourself” element of social media.

I guess I’ve always been a fan of “fan culture” whatever that means, I do like the “crackle” of an atmosphere you get at games, football - for me anyway - needs some of that. If I wanted a totally sanitised entertainment experience I’d just go to the cinema. I guess we all have an arbitrary line of what we think passes the “that’s ok, but that’s not ok” test at games.

But coke seems, to me, to be the big one here (I’ll have a drink before a game but don’t do anything else, just never have done). It’s so widespread now and there is no disincentive for those keen to do it, the police have their hands full, the stewards are powerless (and why would you confront someone when you are on, probably, minimum wage ?).

I like a few beers before a game, I’m never drunk, but some of the behaviour does surprise me. There was this fella that turned up at Stoke, literally 5 mins before kick off and he had a kid with him. He was clearly boozed and/or on coke and he was going absolutely bananas at someone that said he was in his seat. Calling out all the stewards, starting on this guy that said was in his seat. What must his kid have made of it ? As a dad I found it phenomenally depressing.

Jun 2, 2016
I worry that the disgusting antics of those racist morons have tainted his view of the GA and put him off coming back next year (or maybe ever). Has anything been sent directly to the lad to reassure him of the overwhelming support he has from the rest of us? Travel to Japan and back isn’t exactly cheap (I know first hand as I’m going on holiday there in November) so it’s a tremendous commitment on his part each year which some obviously fail to recognise.
Love what he's doing. Great fun. But he's an adult and I'm sure he knows not every Argyle fan will be warm and cuddly, just like any other group of a few thousand people. he's been overwhelmingly made welcome , with great banter on Twitter etc.

Reactions: DavidDally

Lesley Somerville

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 1, 2011
Plymouth
Love what he's doing. Great fun. But he's an adult and I'm sure he knows not every Argyle fan will be warm and cuddly, just like any other group of a few thousand people. he's been overwhelmingly made welcome , with great banter on Twitter etc.
I think we have to take into account that Japanese culture is very very different to ours, with strict rules on respect, manners and behaviour. For example, you wouldn't see people eating food in the street. It must be quite a culture shock, especially as football is in itself a culture apart from the mainstream. You can learn about things and prepare yourself, but I've no doubt some of the things he has experienced will be quite shocking to him. Plus he comes from a fairly remote area. It will have been a steep learning curve. Can you imagine how some of us might find it if the boot were on the other foot? It can be very disorienting to be immersed in a strange culture especially if you don't speak the language. He's very brave.

SurreyJanner

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 30, 2015
I think we have to take into account that Japanese culture is very very different to ours, with strict rules on respect, manners and behaviour. For example, you wouldn't see people eating food in the street. It must be quite a culture shock, especially as football is in itself a culture apart from the mainstream. You can learn about things and prepare yourself, but I've no doubt some of the things he has experienced will be quite shocking to him. Plus he comes from a fairly remote area. It will have been a steep learning curve. Can you imagine how some of us might find it if the boot were on the other foot? It can be very disorienting to be immersed in a strange culture especially if you don't speak the language. He's very brave.
he's certainly adapted very well to our custom of eating pasties in the street ;)(y)

Reactions: IvyG