Swindon game is now ALL TICKET. | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Swindon game is now ALL TICKET.

Nov 26, 2010
Swindon
Weather forecast is wet, so we'll be dry in the Arkells Stand and the home support will get soaked on the Stratton Bank - if Carlsberg could make away days :funny:

M

Muffin Man

edengreen":3p77b2yv said:
Hope they get hammered Saturday,Di Canio gets sent off and misses rest of season on the Bench and they go bust in the summer

Possibly the nastiest post I have read on here, utterly pathetic and childlike just because we have an outspoken successful manager, we are top of the league and we charge 5 quid more per game than you charge which is the cost of 1 pint and a pasty.

The club would have given you the Stratton Bank HAD you sold out your allocation well in advance of the game, which you have not and to stand in the open we normally charge £19 which is actually cheaper than your ticket prices.

As it is we can clinch promotion on Saturday so there is a call from Swindon fans to have the Bank open for Town fans but being its so late I doubt that will happen anyway.

As for us going bust well you obviously don't read footballing papers because we were taken over by a multi million pound consortium 3 and a half years ago otherwise how would we have found the money to fund our squad this season, we have been in your situation in the past being hours from extinction and wouldn't wish that on any other club.

Mark Colling

♣️ PASTA Member
Sep 23, 2003
Brizzle
www.groupspaces.com
Muffin Man":1wx85i3n said:
edengreen":1wx85i3n said:
Hope they get hammered Saturday,Di Canio gets sent off and misses rest of season on the Bench and they go bust in the summer

Possibly the nastiest post I have read on here, utterly pathetic and childlike just because we have an outspoken successful manager, we are top of the league and we charge 5 quid more per game than you charge which is the cost of 1 pint and a pasty.

The club would have given you the Stratton Bank HAD you sold out your allocation well in advance of the game, which you have not and to stand in the open we normally charge £19 which is actually cheaper than your ticket prices.

As it is we can clinch promotion on Saturday so there is a call from Swindon fans to have the Bank open for Town fans but being its so late I doubt that will happen anyway.

As for us going bust well you obviously don't read footballing papers because we were taken over by a multi million pound consortium 3 and a half years ago otherwise how would we have found the money to fund our squad this season, we have been in your situation in the past being hours from extinction and wouldn't wish that on any other club.
It's a shame you felt the need to bite quite so strongly as I'm sure most us felt the same about it you did but chose to ignore it.

As for not seeling the allocation out, can I remind you that we sold it out (and more - there weren't enough seats to go round) for a midweek game last season so I think it's safe to assume we will. Selling out well in advance would have been impossible as they didn't go on general sale until two days ago!

I seem to recall that the away allocation in the Arkells is about 1,200 and the Stratton Bank holds about 2,000? I would have estimated our following would be between those two figures so just giving us the Stratton Bank would surely have been the sensible decision - except that it would have cost you £6 a head...

You'll go up anyway but I'm sure you won't be surprised that we are quite keen to delay it!

M

Muffin Man

The decision to not allocate the Stratton Bank to either team is a bit stupid, I think Swindon hoped you would either sell out very quickly forcing our hand or also that the demand from Swindon would be higher, which it hasn't been so far, but often when the Bank is allocated to Swindon it sells out very fast often inside of 2 days, probably because of the lower pricing they put on it.

I know your boys will be doing your best to stop us and will give us a good game, no one at our club takes it lightly I can assure you, we have no prima donnas on the pitch and a manager that would substitute them if they were taking the game lightly, PdC has substituted several players that arent trying, Kerrouche, Rooney and Smith have all been taken off inside the first half of games.

I think that if your new owners back your team as ours have, you will soon be back up at a higher level and certainly at a higher level than both your Devon neighbours.

I have a lot of family down in Devonport (Pilgrim fans) and always look forward to our games with you and don't think it will be too long until we face each other again after Saturday.

My money is going to be on Yourselves, Northampton, Crewe(if they don't go up) and Wycombe next season....with possibly Rovers showing well.

Mar 5, 2008
Brad Rickard":2rahkwsf said:
we must of sold 1,200 then now, any one know?

Just left the box office 1345 girl said we have 'about 100' left of the second batch (200 ?)
come on greens dont miss out

twist of lime

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Feb 22, 2008
Herts
Spoke to the ticket office at 4.55pm today and they have about 50 tickets of the 200 left

The guy i spoke to excpected them to be gone by lunchtime Thursday at the latest.

Also any sold now will be pick up from the ground (which is better than sweating on Royal Mail)

COYG

Feb 2, 2007
Crickey Fletch should make sure the players understand this IS our biggest of the season as its the first possible opportunity to make ourselves safe and because Swindon and their tosspot manager need taking down several million pegs! Well said Eden Green!

May 8, 2011
For a friend as i dont think i can make this one :sad:

Can you order official coach and match tickets over the phone tomorrow?

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
I see that Gillingham and Swindon have sold out all tickets for their match on 21st April. Took about 0.5 seconds.

BUT

The BBC must know something because the article about Gill v Swindon ''no more tickets available'' states ''Swindon could clinch promotion at this game''

which means they arn't going to on Sat v Argyle. HMmmmmmm :funny: :funny:

tigertony":2px2nn8c said:
I see that Gillingham and Swindon have sold out all tickets for their match on 21st April. Took about 0.5 seconds.

BUT

The BBC must know something because the article about Gill v Swindon ''no more tickets available'' states ''Swindon could clinch promotion at this game''

which means they arn't going to on Sat v Argyle. HMmmmmmm :funny: :funny:

There is a chance that this game will take place in front of NO SPECTATORS as there is a dispute between the Gills and Kent Police over police manning levels.

The local Council have said if it is not resolved then an empty stadium will be the outcome.

Keep the Faith :scarf: