Supporters Bar | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Supporters Bar

KCJ

Nov 23, 2011
So from what I understand then is that this is members only and the supporters bar we all thought we were getting as part of the new stand is not after all ( at least on match days) for use by the regular supporter.
What a huge disappointment !
I expect The Brit and others are delighted, I now look forward to continuing to give them my money rather than having the opportunity to support the club further by spending it at Home Park.

As promised, here is the link to a statement by the Green Taverners, answering some of the queries received recently.

http://www.greentaverners.co.uk/2019/08 ... rters-bar/

I'm sure there will be more questions outstanding, which I will try to get addressed, however there will be a need for continued patience and understanding, as due to workload, clearing time away from the physical build for meetings is currently quite difficult.

Martyn":1jwsxjbn said:
Agreed totally, I have been asking for further information for almost a year now, and have been met with total deafening silence.

Hi Martyn, I hope you don't mind but I raised this issue with the GT's, as I know that they are generally very proactive with responding to direct e-mails and texts they receive and it's most unusual for people to not get a response, let alone over such a protracted period.

They've asked if you'd like to PM with the accounts you've used to contact them with (email or number), so they could check their system to see if they can locate your communications and see what's gone wrong.

I understand you might prefer not to do this, but the offer is there if you'd like to.

Sep 25, 2010
Leeder":2t1f2xsi said:
As promised, here is the link to a statement by the Green Taverners, answering some of the queries received recently.

I'm sure there will be more questions outstanding, which I will try to get addressed, however there will be a need for continued patience and understanding, as due to workload, clearing time away from the physical build for meetings is currently quite difficult.

Hi Leeder,

Many, many thanks, for your help in getting this information.

Most interesting,

Thanks

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
IJN":f9tkp0ey said:
So let's get this right.

It would have been better if PAFC had built this, no membership and 2000 people queue up every game and 600 get in.

That wouldn't get any moans then would it? :facepalm:
I do see that flaw very clearly Ian. In some ways, that is just an extension of what the Brit is now. Come to think about it, each time I have been to the Lyndhurst I have used the little bars in there and quite enjoyed it. I am assuming that the new grandstand will have the same kind of kiosk/bar selling beer as an alternative to the GT one?

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
That statement makes sense, and I guess the only way there won’t be limited numbers is if it was outside.

With that in mind... and no idea if this is workable or even desirable, but is there an area outside the bar that people could watch the fan fest on a big screen? Like a fan zone type thing.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Biggs":2stbed2u said:
That statement makes sense, and I guess the only way there won’t be limited numbers is if it was outside.

With that in mind... and no idea if this is workable or even desirable, but is there an area outside the bar that people could watch the fan fest on a big screen? Like a fan zone type thing.

In a marquee perhaps!!!!!!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I think Tony Cannan of the AFT is trying to sort something out like this. I'm not quite sure where it would go though but it would certainly be an added attraction to all that Argyle (and the GT's) will be offering.

Mar 27, 2013
BIDEFORD NORTH DEVON
Great update from GTs

Happy to wait for 2nd batch of membership for the new supporters bar

Hopefully there will be some “day passes” available as I don’t attend every home game

The new supporters bar will be a brilliant edition to Matchday at Plymouth Argyle

Exciting times ahead

Aug 16, 2005
Somerset
This update is welcome and I have sent my email to join the waiting list already - despite being an exile I will be happy to pay an annual fee once I know all of the relevant details. However, it doesn't change the fact that we didn't all get an equal opportunity first time around to bid for how many memberships that remained after investors were accounted for. Of course they would have been oversubscribed but a ballot would have been a fair way of deciding that. Sadly many of us weren't in the right place at the right time.

Sep 25, 2010
Martin Thomas":7hhbqwvz said:
This update is welcome and I have sent my email to join the waiting list already - despite being an exile I will be happy to pay an annual fee once I know all of the relevant details. However, it doesn't change the fact that we didn't all get an equal opportunity first time around to bid for how many memberships that remained after investors were accounted for. Of course they would have been oversubscribed but a ballot would have been a fair way of deciding that. Sadly many of us weren't in the right place at the right time.

Exactly, that was the deafening silence, I was on about. It seemed to be conducted in house, only to a few.

There again the organisers of this project, deserved to get there ‘membership’,

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Love the GTs and everything they stand for. Completely understand letting their regulars get first dibs.

I wonder whether they can hold back say 50 memberships and instead save these for walk ins, whether that be home or away fans. Just allows those that can't commit to a season but still want to experience the fans fest once in a while.

Just a thought.

Topboy

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Oct 2, 2003
Plympton
Leeder":2ce5avr8 said:

Morning Leeder,

Link not working? Any chance of a summary of what was said?

C

Cult Of Personality

Fanfest were always a bit of a clique thing. Good but definitely a clique. Sadly the bar won't take people away from the brit and other pubs and with limited membership that will only increase. I just wish Argyle had built a bar that could of fitted more fans instead of a small group of niche fans

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Cult Of Personality":1u4ibcs5 said:
Fanfest were always a bit of a clique thing. Good but definitely a clique. Sadly the bar won't take people away from the brit and other pubs and with limited membership that will only increase. I just wish Argyle had built a bar that could have fitted more fans instead of a small group of niche fans

I’ve sat in what was clearly ‘someone else’s’ spot pretty much every time I’ve been there :oops: :lol: