Supporters Bar | Page 16 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Supporters Bar

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Darren Stoneman":27n5912o said:
I don’t understand why IJN and the GTs are getting stick over this!
Because PAFC referred to it as a supporters bar.

https://www.pafc.co.uk/development/news ... -shouting/

Reading that, people thought it would be like a pub next to the ground. The reality doesn't sit well with some people's expectations.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Darren Stoneman":1lq2tbim said:
Everyone had the opportunity to invest and therefore become members , some people such and Mr Newell did, others such as me didn’t or couldn’t , therefore quite rightly investors or members should get the opportunity to reap the benefits of their investments

Absolutely, but the fairly reasonable point that some are making is that it wasn't at all obvious in the first place that it was a members bar, and that said membership wasn't advertised.

Darren Stoneman":1lq2tbim said:
I am sure as the. GTs settle in and the facility becomes more widely known then non member openings / bookings may become available

But agree strongly with this.

Sep 25, 2010
Biggs":84ebzpro said:
Darren [quote="Darren Stoneman":84ebzpro said:
I am sure as the. GTs settle in and the facility becomes more widely known then non member openings / bookings may become available

But agree strongly with this.

So they have missed an opportunity tonight, by not opening. As some non GT members may have gone.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
5DItNJM.png

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
You really think I'm taking the mick out of Argyle fans Ade?? :facepalm:

I was showing how many there were available to make Martyn's idea of opening the GT's facility viable.

I would have gone but I had something else on.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
IJN":ahyipfi8 said:

I was showing how many there were available to make Martyn's idea of opening the GT's facility viable.

No Ian, it was a joke. That said, many jokes have an element of truth and maybe if more was made of the facilities one thing mulligatawny encourage the other.

Something else will eventually have to be tried to see if it works, otherwise it’ll be a green elephant sat in one corner of the stadium.

Sep 25, 2010
IJN":gfwvo6te said:

I said yesterday, that on some occasions, last night might have been one of them, that the GT bar, might have suffered a loss, but that more than would be compensated by the success of the fanfests

But in order to facilitate some liaison will non members, it would have been beneficial to open for them to showcase their facilities. But they chose not to.

Opportunity lost, very disappointing, for the members bar.

The GT's have a responsibilty to the investors and members to turn a profit and use said profit to pay back capital and interest in a timely manner, opening on a night that would undoubtly run at a loss, is at odds with this and I should imagine thats why it wasn't open.

There have been a couple of opportunities already for non-members to access the bar and there will be plenty more (after every league home match immediately springs to mind), so hopefully those that are interested in seeing the facilities and enjoying a drink will have ample opportunity to.

Sep 25, 2010
Leeder":1whjze62 said:
The GT's have a responsibilty to the investors and members to turn a profit and use said profit to pay back capital and interest in a timely manner, opening on a night that would undoubtly run at a loss, is at odds with this and I should imagine thats why it wasn't open.

There have been a couple of opportunities already for non-members to access the bar and there will be plenty more (after every league home match immediately springs to mind), so hopefully those that are interested in seeing the facilities and enjoying a drink will have ample opportunity to.

I take you points, and don’t disagree with them , but still say, as my previous post, they missed an opportunity last night. There are not that many nights they could do it, now we are out of the Carabou cup.
They may have lost money, but just think of the goodwill they may have made up by opening, to non members, instead of the message it is being given, that it is a members bar only.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
yes non members will be made welcome...until Saturday comes...and thats the dilemma the GT's have got to solve....