Supporters Bar | Page 13 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Supporters Bar

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
justanotherfan":3enhilu4 said:
How sad some people are! One can`t use it but wouldn`t anyway, and another won`t use a public house chain because the owner voted for Brexit. :roll:

Actually, one said they can’t use and wouldn’t expect to be able to use it anyway. I’ve never said I wouldn’t use it, only that I have no interest in watching the same fanfest entertainment for 23 weekendsof the year. Had I ever have the chance I would buy a membership for downstairs but even when open, the downstairs membership is linked to paying the same as the fanfest.

Sep 25, 2010
justanotherfan":2e6hpewn said:
How sad some people are! One can`t use it but wouldn`t anyway, and another won`t use a public house chain because the owner voted for Brexit. :roll:

Just to clarify, i rather spend my money in the club, ‘bar, instead of a pub chain. That is my main point.

My views on Tim Martin, is a different matter, as I was being ‘cheeky’.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
As it happens Ade I’m not a member either, I’d have liked to have joined just like you, but can understand the thinking that went on behind the scenes. I still think they should open the membership up to all and then do an online booking for each game - I see that as fair to everyone. The regulars would book up far quicker than the people like me who can’t decide on a game until late due to work & I think that’s fair enough.

One thing is 100% sure, there is no way that the GT’s think they are better fans than anyone and would be disappointed to hear that it’s upset people like yourself. They would do anything for anyone if they could.

Jul 9, 2008
Plymouth
Pains me to say it, but of our local 'rivals' both Exeter C and Torquay U have supporters bars open to all (ECFC's is particularly good, with real Ale etc). Whilst right to acknowledge the GT's efforts and commitment, 'members only' arrangements in a football club context smacks of elitism and a 'them and us' culture, which is pretty sad for a 'fans' bar. Time to re-think? Consolation is the Brit is vibrant on match days and Ale at £1.69 per pint is stunning value and indirectly supports a great movement!!! :greensmile: :greensmile:

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Ade the green":25k8w4a7 said:
justanotherfan":25k8w4a7 said:

Actually, one said they can’t use and wouldn’t expect to be able to use it anyway. I’ve never said I wouldn’t use it, only that I have no interest in watching the same fanfest entertainment for 23 weekendsof the year. Had I ever have the chance I would buy a membership for downstairs but even when open, the downstairs membership is linked to paying the same as the fanfest.
So you get membership of the bar and you repeat, by your own admission, your actions of last season when you abandoned Argyle and only went to one game because of the poor football served by DA (apologies if my memory deceives me). A wasted membership. I would think that those that have memberships were there supporting their club through thick and thin.

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
Daz":1r1nb2y3 said:
As it happens Ade I’m not a member either, I’d have liked to have joined just like you, but can understand the thinking that went on behind the scenes. I still think they should open the membership up to all and then do an online booking for each game - I see that as fair to everyone. The regulars would book up far quicker than the people like me who can’t decide on a game until late due to work & I think that’s fair enough.

One thing is 100% sure, there is no way that the GT’s think they are better fans than anyone and would be disappointed to hear that it’s upset people like yourself. They would do anything for anyone if they could.

Having done the "corporate experience" special offer for the Bristol Rovers game I have to say that the GTs have done a magnificent job.

I think some supporters have been confused by the description of the building as the "supporters' bar" which you have to blame on Argyle Media here:

https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/2019/august ... rters-bar/

Despite the huge expenditure on the Grandstand refurbishment the club itself are providing nothing new to the ordinary supporter in terms of pre-match food & drink.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Keepitgreen":j2d8s64n said:
Ade the green":j2d8s64n said:
justanotherfan":j2d8s64n said:

So you get membership of the bar and you repeat, by your own admission, your actions of last season when you abandoned Argyle and only went to one game because of the poor football served by DA (apologies if my memory deceives me). A wasted membership. I would think that those that have memberships were there supporting their club through thick and thin.

And?

That’s one season out of the last 34, 2 if you count the year I worked in the States and my choice wasn’t made in the first game, it was made game by game that when I had the opportunity I didn’t fancy it. So what? I’m not trying to get a full membership that I can’t guarantee to use but i’m made to feel less of a fan because I wouldn’t invest or have the impetus to watch the Janner “Chas and Dave” every other week.

As has been said, if it’s a supporters bar I could (work allowing) to wander up and if not full to capacity I could go in and buy a pint. As a full members bar I can’t ever.

I’m not apologising for saving my hard earned money last year instead of going to watch the dross served and more fool anyone that did. I would have spent my money today had I not been called in to work. That is my choice, sorry I never ran it past you first.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Duncan Rice":3d2top6y said:
Consolation is the Brit is vibrant on match days and Ale at £1.69 per pint is stunning value and indirectly supports a great movement!!! :greensmile: :greensmile:

Brexit or bowel?

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Biggs":o1qigcnz said:
Duncan Rice":o1qigcnz said:
Consolation is the Brit is vibrant on match days and Ale at £1.69 per pint is stunning value and indirectly supports a great movement!!!

Brexit or bowel?

Is it true that Jacob Really-Smug is opening a rival Brexit pub chain?:
Silverspoons?
:coat:

BTW I don't tend to imbibe alcohol on match days till I get home, also, when not off sick, I work in retail on saturday mornings so just get to the game after 2.30 normally.
So, though I'd love to frequent a 'Supporters Bar', I really can't at the moment but I am very happy for those who can, mainly reqarding the work, time and investment that they have put into the club.

When I win huge amounts on the lottery (soon!), I will invest in 'Pogle's Pilgrim Pub', with huge capacity, free pasties and a special cupboard for away supporters! :scarf:

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Pogleswoody":26blmwu6 said:
Biggs":26blmwu6 said:
Duncan Rice":26blmwu6 said:
Consolation is the Brit is vibrant on match days and Ale at £1.69 per pint is stunning value and indirectly supports a great movement!!!

Brexit or bowel?

Is it true that Jacob Really-Smug is opening a rival Brexit pub chain?:
Silverspoons?
:coat:

BTW I don't tend to imbibe alcohol on match days till I get home, also, when not off sick, I work in retail on saturday mornings so just get to the game after 2.30 normally.
So, though I'd love to frequent a 'Supporters Bar', I really can't at the moment but I am very happy for those who can, mainly reqarding the work, time and investment that they have put into the club.

When I win huge amounts on the lottery (soon!), I will invest in 'Pogle's Pilgrim Pub', with huge capacity, free pasties and a special cupboard for away supporters! :scarf:

Mr Pogle for Prime Minister.

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Ade the green":2mtrhnou said:
Keepitgreen":2mtrhnou said:
Ade the green":2mtrhnou said:
justanotherfan":2mtrhnou said:

And?

That’s one season out of the last 34, 2 if you count the year I worked in the States and my choice wasn’t made in the first game, it was made game by game that when I had the opportunity I didn’t fancy it. So what? I’m not trying to get a full membership that I can’t guarantee to use but i’m made to feel less of a fan because I wouldn’t invest or have the impetus to watch the Janner “Chas and Dave” every other week.

As has been said, if it’s a supporters bar I could (work allowing) to wander up and if not full to capacity I could go in and buy a pint. As a full members bar I can’t ever.

I’m not apologising for saving my hard earned money last year instead of going to watch the dross served and more fool anyone that did. I would have spent my money today had I not been called in to work. That is my choice, sorry I never ran it past you first.
No need to get so tetchy Ade. I just find it strange that you're shouting the loudest, slagging off the GT's when you wouldn't, sorry can't, use the place. The GT's have shown loyalty to those who showed loyalty to them during the hard times. I see nothing wrong with that. You are able register your interest for joining the downstairs bar. Then you could wander up and buy a pint.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Keepitgreen":6hinqqjd said:
Ade the green":6hinqqjd said:
Keepitgreen":6hinqqjd said:
Ade the green":6hinqqjd said:
justanotherfan":6hinqqjd said:

And?

No need to get so tetchy Ade. I just find it strange that you're shouting the loudest, slagging off the GT's when you wouldn't, sorry can't, use the place. The GT's have shown loyalty to those who showed loyalty to them during the hard times. I see nothing wrong with that. You are able register your interest for joining the downstairs bar. Then you could wander up and buy a pint.

I won’t register because they’ve said the membership will be capped so I won’t take a membership when I can’t commit to going there every game.
I used to be a member of the far post club under the same self restrictions and if I turned up and they were full i’d accept i’d be turned away.
I’ve never questioned the loyalty shown by the GTs to the fanfesters and investors, only that what was promised is different to what is now being offered. Can you see that?

Aug 30, 2006
Sheffield
Just to be clear: I am not a member and was just responding to some of the posts.
None of the self-entitled have answered my question about what they did pre-match before the GTs began organising the Fansfest ( which I believe is unique and some thing the majority of clubs would love to offer).
Let’s not forget they took the initiative for the worthy cause of giving some income to club staff who were working for nothing. The present situation has arisen because they are very good at what they do and unfortunately have become victims of their own success.
A further observation: the Brexit analogy seems very appropriate for this thread. We are in an intractable position where some people don’t know what they want but are determined to complain about those that do. And that’s from a remainder!

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
bringonthemilkman":30mcmnq1 said:
Just to be clear: I am not a member and was just responding to some of the posts.
None of the self-entitled have answered my question about what they did pre-match before the GTs began organising the Fansfest ( which I believe is unique and some thing the majority of clubs would love to offer).
Let’s not forget they took the initiative for the worthy cause of giving some income to club staff who were working for nothing. The present situation has arisen because they are very good at what they do and unfortunately have become victims of their own success.
A further observation: the Brexit analogy seems very appropriate for this thread. We are in an intractable position where some people don’t know what they want but are determined to complain about those that do. And that’s from a remainder!

Firstly, who are you to call anyone self entitled? To be self entitled i’d claim it myself but the less i’ve answered as best as I can. I have never had a wish to go to a fanfest and it was my understanding (wrongly it seems) that the top bar would be fanfest a and the bottom bar run as a bar, no entertainment etc but on the lines of the old far post club (of which I had membership).

As I have said, it’s my understanding that membership to both bars will cost the same because the GTs believe anyone wishing to go to the bar before hand must also want to listen to Chas and Dave every time.

I’ve never hidden the fact that I cannot attend every match but again the GTs membership is being capped to the 600 for both bars. This is why I will not apply to a membership that will deprive someone else that can guarantee usage.

Now, the thing is, I will likely be able to use it non match day if it’s open but anything that will be advertised will primarily be offered to fanfesters and investors first which means i’d probably never be able to use it.

That said, if the investors want to get a return they will want non members to use the facilities outside of mathday unless the plan on running fests during weekdays but if anytime there’s something special or different going on we’re told we can’t attend then some might not bother at all.

As for the GTs, has anyone suggested we’re ungrateful to all that was done during our darks days and in my own way I gave what I can afford as did many, many others so how dare you try to claim anyone is against the GTs.

What I would say is that the organisation of the supporters bar/members club has so far been lacking any feeling toward the many that cannot attend regularly. Even the premise that non attendees will always remember to let anyone know in advance will only benefit the second string of fanfesters and members.