Stop dying! Just effing stop it!!! | Page 78 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Stop dying! Just effing stop it!!!

Bernie Bernbaum

πŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 29, 2015
Karl Wallinger, songwriter and front man of World Party, also ex The Waterboys, 66.

Reactions: Ironman

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
πŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
πŸ‡°πŸ‡ͺ Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
βœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
David Seidler passes away

Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
Steve Harley of Cockney Rebel. Cancer. β€˜Come up and see me’ still one of my top 10 favourites.
Oh, that's sad. It's a perfect pop song that still sounds fantastic to this day. Judy Teen is another gem - killer chorus.

I was an early fan - the first time I saw them at the Guildhall there were maybe a couple of hundred there, all bunched round the stage with acres of empty space behind. The second time, at the height of Rebelmania, when Come Up and See Me was (I think) actually No 1, it was absolutely heaving.

Mexijan1

πŸ‡²πŸ‡½πŸ‡²πŸ‡½πŸ‡²πŸ‡½πŸ‡²πŸ‡½πŸ‡²πŸ‡½πŸ‡²πŸ‡½
βœ… Evergreen
Jul 17, 2023
"Come up & see me make me smile' is my all-time favourite
Sad day for music :cry:
Still one of my go to tracks if I need a pick up. Impossible not to get a bounce on and arms wide open and and scream 'Come up and see me make me smile'...... World might not get a better place but bugger me if feels better.

Reactions: Floyd Pepper
Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
Of course, the funny thing about Come Up and See Me is that its lyrics are anything but happy and upbeat - not that that stops it being a great song. Even when I first heard it I assumed that it was actually about the acrimonious break-up of the original band line-up, and indeed it was - see below. ("And pulled the Rebel to the floor... For only metal [money], what a bore".) It mostly works very well as a general break-up song as well, though.

After the band split, only the original line-up's drummer, Stuart Elliott, would join the new line-up. In a television interview recorded in 2002, Harley described how the lyrics were vindictively directed at the former band members who, he felt, had abandoned him.[9][10]

On The One Show in October 2010, Harley called the lyric "a finger-pointing piece of vengeful poetry. It's getting off my chest how I felt about the guys splitting up a perfectly workable machine. I wrote it saying 'Look, you'll learn how well we're doing here, we're doing well, why are you doing this?'"

Bernie Bernbaum

πŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 29, 2015
American character actor (more than 220 roles in 7 decades) M Emmet Walsh, 88.