Stop dying! Just effing stop it!!! | Page 76 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Stop dying! Just effing stop it!!!

BDW

Apr 15, 2023
mike proctor,south african pace bowler aged 76.what a bowler he was.
For me that is sad. Prior to Sunday 40 over cricket there was a tiring team called the cavaliers. One Sunday they played a game at Plymouth cricket club.
Among the stars that day the three that stood out for me were Gary Sobers, Barry Richards and Mike Proctor. As I was a colt at the time I was invited to the net session prior to the game. It came to my turn to face a couple of overs. I donned my gear and nervously walked to the net.
I walked into the net, looked up to see Proctor limbering up. He came in off three paces and hurled a thunderbolt I went onto the back foot and watched it whizz by me. He then took pity and bowled off spin. At the end he gave me a signed pair of gloves.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
For me that is sad. Prior to Sunday 40 over cricket there was a tiring team called the cavaliers. One Sunday they played a game at Plymouth cricket club.
Among the stars that day the three that stood out for me were Gary Sobers, Barry Richards and Mike Proctor. As I was a colt at the time I was invited to the net session prior to the game. It came to my turn to face a couple of overs. I donned my gear and nervously walked to the net.
I walked into the net, looked up to see Proctor limbering up. He came in off three paces and hurled a thunderbolt I went onto the back foot and watched it whizz by me. He then took pity and bowled off spin. At the end he gave me a signed pair of gloves.
i also went to see the cavaliers in the early 70s and the recently retired jon snow was there,a cricketing hero of mine.

Reactions: BDW

Belfast Green

🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪
Jam First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 23, 2017
Belfast
mike proctor,south african pace bowler aged 76.what a bowler he was.
What? How can he have been 76? Great player. The apartheid ban reduced his international career hugely but he would have been a colossal all rounder otherwise.

Reactions: BDW

Bernie Bernbaum

Pasoti Quiz Champions
May 29, 2015
Played for Gloucestershire? Three South Africans I remember from my youth were Proctor, Barry Richards and Graeme Pollock. All greats of the game. Didn't Proctor appear to bowl off the wrong foot due to bowling 'chest on'?
RIP.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Andreas Brehme, scorer of the winning goal for Germany in the World Cup final in 1990, has died aged 63.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Actor Tony Ganios passes away