Stop dying! Just effing stop it!!! | Page 21 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Stop dying! Just effing stop it!!!

May 22, 2006
Pogleswoody":1kyn727r said:
andyr1963":1kyn727r said:
Quinny":1kyn727r said:
Chas and Dave are one of those acts which I utterly hated as a teenager but, as a grumpy, red-wine drinking, middle-aged bloke, I realised are (sorry, were) actually very, very good. Except for Snooker Loopy. Still hate that track.

Chas and Dave and The Wurzles, both acts I have derided in the past but having seen both "live" I have revised my poor opinion of both.

Absolutely superb live acts. :thumbs:

RIP Chas :nworthy:

Anyone who wants a flavour of what the guy actually did/could do, I recommend BBC I-player, last week's Geoff Barker Sunday Rock & Roll Show Tribute.
Listening now. Great Jerry Lee 'Tribute' tracks with him on the old joanna.

First Number 1 Chas played on?

Johny remember Me - John Leyton.

He played bass guitar (The Outlaws). Got £7.10s!!

Now Cliff Bennett and the Rebel Rousers! 'Got to get you into my life'

Chas was in my life more than I ever knew!

Respect :nworthy:
R.I.P.

The movie Telstar features Ralph Little playing the role of Chas Hodges. A decent watch. It was a real eye-opener for me, never knew he'd been involved in so many hits before Chas 'n' Dave.

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
Steve Evans":1yrhg6jm said:
i was interested to read that heads hands and feet were the first act on the old grey whistle test.great band.

Didn't know that Steve but, yes, great band. Albert Lee is still doing the rounds, often plays at The Horns in Watford and recently in Milano, which I unfortunately missed.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The sudden passing of Tristan Nichols, a great reporter for the Herald. RIP.

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
RIP Harry Leslie Smith. You made it to 95 and were a proper left-wing rebel. I only hope I have half as much fire in my belly as you did in my twilight years. I'm proud to have been friends with you on Facebook and to have had a few decent chats over the years. We'll continue to fight the fight in your memory.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
andyr1963":37kvrb9j said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EEPvXlTUnU

RIP Pete Shelley, writer, performer of some truly great singles, the above link being possibly my favourite.

Indeed. Their Spiral Scratch EP was on the top of every Punk fan's wanted list when it came out. One of the earliest Punk releases from one of the best early Punk bands.