Stoke Brief Synopsis sponsored by Bromleigh House | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Stoke Brief Synopsis sponsored by Bromleigh House

Mark58

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Feb 19, 2018
That’s fair enough, for what it’s worth I wasn’t trying rabble rouse. I was there too. Just said what I saw, as I looked up

I just looked up and he seemed to be down the tunnel by far the quickest of anyone and it just struck me as a little unusual. I said on another thread that he doesn’t strike me as the petulant type.

We all see things how we see them and that’s fair enough, but I’m certainly not intending to stir a pot 👌
No problem, GU7 - there was a lot going on at the time, but I was 10 rows from the front and had a good view of MW's departure.

I don't think it is excessive to say that, to me, he looked a broken man. Very sad...

Reactions: Belfast Green
Sep 6, 2006
On the back of MW and RH not turning up for the match I did feel that Galloway in first half was stepping back, then back even more as if he was scared of getting injured. At least 3 times he could’ve slowed the Stoke attack to allow Mumba to get back, but he didnt
For me, wouldn’t bat an eyelid if he left.

Gibson must start next 2
Yes let's get rid of one of our few Championship quality players. You do have to read some nonsense on here.

Oct 31, 2015
I've been away for the weekend so catching up on everything about this game whilst grabbing a quick lunch.

For anyone that went, were the players as bad as Chris Errington stated in his "players ratings" in the Erald?

If so WTF😳

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Have to say that after a bright start Hardie’s body language was also quite forlorn when picked up on Argyle TV.

There’s an interesting conundrum for ND/KN. We have to push higher up and get more bodies forward if we are going to score at all barring a lucky break. But, we may also want to preserve what we’ve got.

Potential outcomes would be too defensive and concede in the last few minutes, or be more expansive and be 4-2 down - both would see a lot of criticism.

A hard one to call. But I do think we need to be 10 yards closer to
Hardie all over the pitch. It gives us a better chance of scoring, squeezes the midfield (where we are weak) and should relieve some pressure on the defence. Mobile defenders would be a must.

Sep 6, 2006
I've been away for the weekend so catching up on everything about this game whilst grabbing a quick lunch.

For anyone that went, were the players as bad as Chris Errington stated in his "players ratings" in the Erald?

If so WTF😳
Bit harsh on some of the defenders I thought. They were constantly exposed by our powder puff midfield.

Reactions: rsp4 and memory man
Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Not from myself Balham
It was always a ludicrous valuation. Whittaker clearly can/could put the ball in the net but the rest of his game is just barely above abysmal
Suspect he will indeed go this close season perhaps £5 million (tops) but with sensible add on clauses obviously

Barely above abysmal?

8th in the league for assists.
14th in the league for chances created.

He’s a dual threat when he gets into the final third. He’s an effective ball carrier and decent in 1v1 situations, just not when it’s 1v2 and 1v3 as it has been for months.

I agree he isn’t worth £25m. But he is certainly worth more than £5m, given his age, potential and attacking qualities.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Not from myself Balham
It was always a ludicrous valuation. Whittaker clearly can/could put the ball in the net but the rest of his game is just barely above abysmal
Suspect he will indeed go this close season perhaps £5 million (tops) but with sensible add on clauses obviously

Selected in Championship team of season. So £5m seems to be quite an undervaluation especially as Lazio reportedly had a £8.5m bid rejected in January.

Oct 20, 2022
One of the biggest differences between the Leicester and Stoke games was the physicality of the team.Against Leicester we won so many challenges but so few against Stoke.Difficult for a fan to understand and Scarr referred to this in his comments after the game but why? Maybe nerves got the better of them but that has to change on Saturday.We need to want it more than Millwall but we might need their fans to be on the same beach as their players

Apr 15, 2024
Selected in Championship team of season. So £5m seems to be quite an undervaluation especially as Lazio reportedly had a £8.5m bid rejected in January.

lol....yes January !!
He sadly has done very little since and any valuation will have dropped alarmingly
If we secure £5 million (with an obvious hefty sell on clause) than its been good business for the club
Whittaker got into the Championship team of the year purely on first half of the season results/scoring ability
Would he be in that same team for the second half of the seasons performances. That's rhetorical

Jon with no H

🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 6, 2023
Bolton
lol....yes January !!
He sadly has done very little since and any valuation will have dropped alarmingly
If we secure £5 million (with an obvious hefty sell on clause) than its been good business for the club
Whittaker got into the Championship team of the year purely on first half of the season results/scoring ability
Would he be in that same team for the second half of the seasons performances. That's rhetorical
I think this valuation might have been in play 15-20 years ago for someone this good at this level, but he's the third highest scorer in the division whilst playing in a team that has struggled all year long to varying extents, without having any penalties in his total.

I've seen Hull City placing a £30m valuation on Jaden Philogene, who is a quality player, but you can't seriously believe he is six times more valuable than Morgan.

Jul 12, 2016
Whittaker ,like a lot of other goalscorers , doesn't do an awful lot more than score goals. Therefore once the goals dry up he has little impact on proceedings.

Reactions: Babylontiger
Sep 6, 2006
Whittaker ,like a lot of other goalscorers , doesn't do an awful lot more than score goals. Therefore once the goals dry up he has little impact on proceedings.
So how many assists has he had? A lot more than your favourite Hardie.