Stoke Brief Synopsis sponsored by Bromleigh House | Page 10 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Stoke Brief Synopsis sponsored by Bromleigh House

Sep 6, 2006
At least Hardie will run himself into the ground in an attempt for something to happen.
Yeah we need more than that though dont we? Something doesn't very often 'happen' does it? Notice you didn't answer the question re Whittaker assists....

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
So how many assists has he had? A lot more than your favourite Hardie.

8 assists. 9th in the division. The same as Cyrensio Summerville of Leeds United and one more than Dan James, Finn Azaz, Stuart Armstrong and Conor Chaplin.

I do wonder what people expected of Morgan. Is 28 goal contributions in 44 games not enough? Maybe a victim of his own high standards.

Very bad against Stoke, form has dipped since March. Played nearly 4000 minutes this season. No respite. No rotation. Others being given a pass for that. He seemingly isn’t. Maybe that’s what happens when you have a player that is substantially better than everyone else and your survival almost entirely depends on him.

Sep 6, 2006
8 assists. 9th in the division. The same as Cyrensio Summerville of Leeds United and one more than Dan James, Finn Azaz, Stuart Armstrong and Conor Chaplin.

I do wonder what people expected of Morgan. Is 28 goal contributions in 44 games not enough? Maybe a victim of his own high standards.

Very bad against Stoke, form has dipped since March. Played nearly 4000 minutes this season. No respite. No rotation. Others being given a pass for that. He seemingly isn’t. Maybe that’s what happens when you have a player that is substantially better than everyone else and your survival almost entirely depends on him.
And still came closest to scoring v Stoke

Dec 13, 2022
This did not happen (I was there). MW made his way towards us and was using very small hand clapping motions to acknowledge the Green Army. I thought he looked emotionally shattered and totally embarrassed at a collectively disappointing (to say the least) team and individual performance.

The expression 'I wish the ground would open up for me' came to my mind in the manner that he left before his other teammates came over, but I would strongly refute any suggestion that he 'just marched straight down the tunnel... and didn't acknowledge the fans'.
I was there too and it was exactly how you’ve said it.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
I was there too and it was exactly how you’ve said it.
To be fair, I think he was pre-occupied with how his girlfriend was going to spin her post-match tweet about how completely different things were now, and that the run of poor results was never anything at all to do with the players not being up to it.

Jul 12, 2016

I can only say what I see with my own eyes. Some of the games lately at HP he has been so anonymous I forgot he was playing!

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Suspect that performance will mean no Matchday Moments.

Playing 4 at the back with Scarr was always a risk. 2 poor goals conceded and our midfield was non existent and Schumacher knew if they ran at our defence we'd have no answer.

Grateful to Huddersfield for not making a bad day even worse.

Surprisingly there is a Matchday Moments despite the three goal threshold being met.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Surprisingly there is a Matchday Moments despite the three goal threshold being met.

All looked a bit too chummy pre match with the ex staff for my liking. Easy to say with hindsight I suppose. Some comments muted between players and our ex staff.

MM does clearly show Whittaker applauded the fans at the end, contrary to posts made on here. 🤬

No coverage of the melee that ND suggested helped turn game in their favour.

Reactions: Deacster

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟