Stadium Improvements (including scoreboard) | Page 14 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Stadium Improvements (including scoreboard)

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Yep, plus that’s where the ‘Home Park‘ lettering is, so we’re getting the good bit first.

Realistically any safe standing will be in ends and corners, so it’s all very sensible.

Feb 23, 2008
I'm sure the club mentioned they were only replacing seats in the Lyndhurst during this first phase due to possible safe standing in the Devonport End in the not too distant future.
That would make more sense, thanks, and after experiencing it at Chelsea it's certainly the way forward I'd say.

Reactions: freddie2greens

FourMarkGreen

Jam First
May 25, 2016
That would make more sense, thanks, and after experiencing it at Chelsea it's certainly the way forward I'd say.
Agreed, for sure.

I'm sure the Directors etc took the opportunity for a good close-up look at how Chelsea had implemented safe standing on Saturday.

Mar 7, 2009
Slightly out of sync point, but I still can’t believe the spent all of that money on completely replacing the roof… then went and kept the pillars. Can only assume the pillars actually form part of the structural integrity 🤷‍♂️
I know it’s a question of how much is sensibly available, but surely now is the time to implement the whole stage 2 thing.
The extended area at the dressing room end of the grandstand, looks like it would be a great place to put some of the offices that are going to be needed?
If the corner areas also get completed… could even fit some stuff in behind the Devonport end corner, in a similar fashion to how the TV gantry sits back behind the stand (the police control box for example)

Attachments

• 27449273-3333-4E49-9A6B-0DD442BC23C8.png
    27449273-3333-4E49-9A6B-0DD442BC23C8.png
    271.4 KB · Views: 73

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
You assume the pillars may support the roof and that’s why they kept them? That’s a fairly strong assumption. 🤣🤣

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Was going to say exactly the same thing.

Screen Corner

🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰
Dec 11, 2016
Balham, London.
Why did we not just build a bigger stand as opposed to refurbishing it and in turn reducing the capacity 😔🙃. All the time and money spent made the stadium look nicer but it was the wrong option.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Why did we not just build a bigger stand as opposed to refurbishing it and in turn reducing the capacity 😔🙃. All the time and money spent made the stadium look nicer but it was the wrong option.
Money. As simple as that. We didn’t have the budget to build a new stand.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
It's been done to death over the years but at the time it was all we could afford, we just didn't have the extra 3 or 4 million or whatever it needed. It is still a big improvement on the old Mayflower and it's empty terracing.
Looking ahead though I really hope we can find the money to complete the two corners, sort out the upper grandstand and have a stadium we can be proud of for the aim of sustainable championship football.
Five million for Cooper would certainly help.

Reactions: UptheTamar

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I went but didn’t look at them once.

Mind you we couldn’t see any.

Goes to show, even at a Prem club, you need a few to make them worthwhile.

Oct 15, 2017
I can't see them taking out the Mayflower lower seats AS WELL as all the others 😂

I don't mind the ARG YLE at all, I'm normally fussy about those things but think it looks fine.

I think 'Home Park' is deliberate as all the branding in the hospitality section is about 'Home Park Stadium' so makes sense to see the venue name from there.

I think the Argyle branding in the Mayflower should have been at least one-row higher it doesn't look
quite right looking from the Lyndhurst surely that would be easy enough to adjust not crucial I know
but perhaps it would improve the look.