Squad For 2012/2013? | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Squad For 2012/2013?

Feb 21, 2011
soccerpilgrim":1bk333m8 said:
BadBoy":1bk333m8 said:
soccerpilgrim":1bk333m8 said:
BadBoy":1bk333m8 said:
xmastree":1bk333m8 said:
devonport singer":1bk333m8 said:
why do people want to get rid of Cole ? hes been one of our best players.

Because they believe the summer signing of Joe Hart is a formality.
Or because besides him being a decent shot stopper he is poor at the bread and butter stuff, he doesn't command his area I personally have no confidence when the ball is in the air his punching is weak and i dont think I' ve seen him catch a cross all season. Happy for him to be backup but we need a better keeper.
'
FFS! This is League Two, if he could do all this "bread and butter" cack you're on about, he wouldn't be playing at this level!
We are League Two - we aren't aiming for the Prem anymore. Open your bloody eyes! People behind me moan because Feeney might not tuck his shot into the top-hand corner. Why do you expect? Get real! Cole's been a gem in this team and we're lucky to have him.
Absolute rubbish, can't think of many keepers I didn't look at this season and think he's better than Cole, maybe the clown from shrewsbury. He was at barnet annual relegation candidates and then US as we were at our lowest ebb, I thank him for sticking by us in the dark days of no pay etc but a gem your having a laugh.

Chris Neal is one of the best keepers in the division as far as I'm concerned. Only conceded 3 goals in the last 8 matches. He's kept 18 clean sheets this season in total. By the way, Chris Neal is the supposed "Shrewsbury clown". There are definitely other keepers in the division I'd pick over Jake Cole, but those are the keepers whose clubs are in the promotion fightl. Why would they just quit their club to come down and fight for 1st Choice keeper against two decent goalkeepers anyway? Also, I couldn't care whether Barnet are relegation favourites every season or not. There's 10 others players on the field which also impact on League results. I think Jake's here long term, regardless of what tosh you come up with.
As I said keepers i have seen, and I saw the shrewsbury clown throw Wottons speculative lob into his own net. You obviously rate Cole in the same way as he looks like he'll punch one in the net everytime the ball flies into the area he is distinctly average. As for the coming here fighting for a place comment I think any keeper with ambition at this level will see us as a far better prospect than 90% of the clubs in this division, with Ro nearing the end of his career we need a better keeper around the place sooner rather than later.

Jul 6, 2011
GreenSam":3faz3eky said:
Long Old Poke":3faz3eky said:
Thanks to Greens on Screen this is the out of contracts in the summer including the loans, this is what I'd do.

MacDonald - Keep
Chenoweth - Keep
Tsoumou - Loan End
Fletcher S - Loan End
Bignot - ? Unsure
Hemmings - Keep
Berry - Keep
Copp - Keep
Feeney - ?
Fletcher C - Manager
Nelson - Keep
Johnson - Let go
Young - Keep
Lennox - Keep
Sims - Keep
Purse - Keep
Walton - ? Swaying to keep
Blanchard - Keep
Williams - Let go
Pearce - Keep
Daley - Let go
Lecointe - Keep
Harper-Penman - Keep
Vassell - Keep
Larrieu - Coach
My list of the players out contract in June:

McDonald: Try to extend the loan if we can but I doubt we'll have any luck, Burnley rate him far too highly and imo they'll either want him in the squad or loan him to a League One club.
Chenoweth: Never seen him play but Fletcher didn't bring him back for nothing, he clearly sees a future in him so Keep.
Tsoumou: Get rid. Has some kind of raw talent I suppose but his control of the ball is woeful, far too headless and generally not good enough imo. Would be willing to be proved wrong. Send him back to Preston please.
Steve Fletcher. I'd seriously be leaning towards Keep here. He's shown off the bench that he can come on, with a few headers, chest the ball down control it well and build up some serious play. If we can have him as a supersub next year on reasonable wages, I think he's worth it.
Bignot- Keep if we can. Berry's excellent form should not let us forget how good Bignot was too. Whether he'd want to after we've dropped him is another issue but I think we ought to try.
Hemmings- Keep if we can, I don't rate him that highly but he's another option, and he's very good when he choses to run at people.
Berry- Keep , he's really won me over lately and he's great alongside Purse.
Copp-Keep he looks a very young good player with a lot of potential from what I've seen of him, got a cracking eye for pass.
Feeney- Keep as a link up man, he's very good as one despite his dire scoring record. Would only be of a promotion chasing standard alongside a scoring striker though.
Carl Fletcher- Keep as manager, maybe stay registered as a player in case of emergency too but MUST take wage cut.
Johnson- Get rid, Bye Bye and thanks for nothing Mr Todd.
Lennox-leaning towards Keep as an impact sub/development player for the future.
Purse- Keep, absolutely imperative that we do.
Blanchard- Keep, see above
Williams- Keep as back-up. Not because I huge;y rate him but cause we'll struggle to find better back-up for the wage we'd offer.
Pearce- Unsure, I personally doubt he'll be offered a deal though.
Daley-Let Go Already got a few players of his mould, and despite a mini-revival I still don't think he's all that good.
Harper-Penman-Let Go, too many in his mould and lacks in end product.
Vassell- Keep give him a short-term deal, doesn't have that much technically but seems to have something about him from the games I've witnessed.
Larrieu- Keep as a coach/registered for emergencies on reduced wages.

Walton, Young, Sims, Nelson and Lecointe of the above list are contracted to next season, all of which I am glad that we can Keep. Walton, despite taking a wage cut is still probably on wages disproportionate to our budget so if we get any offers for him I'd seriously consider it but I doubt anyone can match what we're paying him. As for Young, Lecointe and Nelson, as much I'd want to keep them, everyone does have their price and if any higher league clubs made big offers we would have to consider it. I'd also be delighted to keep hold of Wotton and Cole who are under contract.

Players under contract who I'd transfer list/be happy to let go are Hourihane(some people think there's a future for him but I just can't see it), Soukouana and Chadwick.

Normally I agree with u sam, but a couple of points...

Think we should keep hold of Chadders, he's a direct player who's prepared to have a go, I like that.
Feeney is not that good and his goal scoring record is abysmal.
If you're referring to Jordan Pearce, I'd like to keep hold of most of our your lads. They're our future and that includes Harper Penman, who has an amazing shot on him for a small lad.
Fletcher...I don't know, maybe his age might be against him.
Larrieu should be one of the highest earners for his loyalty alone, let alone doing 2 jobs.
The rest I basically agree with