Squad For 2012/2013? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Squad For 2012/2013?

L

lostinleeds

Long Old Poke":16upltie said:
Thanks to Greens on Screen this is the out of contracts in the summer including the loans, this is what I'd do.

MacDonald - Keep
Chenoweth - Keep
Tsoumou - Loan End
Fletcher S - Loan End
Bignot - ? Unsure
Hemmings - Keep
Berry - Keep
Copp - Keep
Feeney - ?
Fletcher C - Manager
Nelson - Keep
Johnson - Let go
Young - Keep
Lennox - Keep
Sims - Keep
Purse - Keep
Walton - ? Swaying to keep
Blanchard - Keep
Williams - Let go
Pearce - Keep
Daley - Let go
Lecointe - Keep
Harper-Penman - Keep
Vassell - Keep
Larrieu - Coach

The Herald recently reported that Sims, Nelson and Young have signed new deals (although for an undisclosed duration) so they are presumably going to be here next year.

Feb 21, 2011
xmastree":w9w2yzg0 said:
devonport singer":w9w2yzg0 said:
why do people want to get rid of Cole ? hes been one of our best players.

Because they believe the summer signing of Joe Hart is a formality.
Or because besides him being a decent shot stopper he is poor at the bread and butter stuff, he doesn't command his area I personally have no confidence when the ball is in the air his punching is weak and i dont think I' ve seen him catch a cross all season. Happy for him to be backup but we need a better keeper.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Long Old Poke":36kaflx4 said:
Thanks to Greens on Screen this is the out of contracts in the summer including the loans, this is what I'd do.

MacDonald - Keep
Chenoweth - Keep
Tsoumou - Loan End
Fletcher S - Loan End
Bignot - ? Unsure
Hemmings - Keep
Berry - Keep
Copp - Keep
Feeney - ?
Fletcher C - Manager
Nelson - Keep
Johnson - Let go
Young - Keep
Lennox - Keep
Sims - Keep
Purse - Keep
Walton - ? Swaying to keep
Blanchard - Keep
Williams - Let go
Pearce - Keep
Daley - Let go
Lecointe - Keep
Harper-Penman - Keep
Vassell - Keep
Larrieu - Coach
My list of the players out contract in June:

McDonald: Try to extend the loan if we can but I doubt we'll have any luck, Burnley rate him far too highly and imo they'll either want him in the squad or loan him to a League One club.
Chenoweth: Never seen him play but Fletcher didn't bring him back for nothing, he clearly sees a future in him so Keep.
Tsoumou: Get rid. Has some kind of raw talent I suppose but his control of the ball is woeful, far too headless and generally not good enough imo. Would be willing to be proved wrong. Send him back to Preston please.
Steve Fletcher. I'd seriously be leaning towards Keep here. He's shown off the bench that he can come on, with a few headers, chest the ball down control it well and build up some serious play. If we can have him as a supersub next year on reasonable wages, I think he's worth it.
Bignot- Keep if we can. Berry's excellent form should not let us forget how good Bignot was too. Whether he'd want to after we've dropped him is another issue but I think we ought to try.
Hemmings- Keep if we can, I don't rate him that highly but he's another option, and he's very good when he choses to run at people.
Berry- Keep , he's really won me over lately and he's great alongside Purse.
Copp-Keep he looks a very young good player with a lot of potential from what I've seen of him, got a cracking eye for pass.
Feeney- Keep as a link up man, he's very good as one despite his dire scoring record. Would only be of a promotion chasing standard alongside a scoring striker though.
Carl Fletcher- Keep as manager, maybe stay registered as a player in case of emergency too but MUST take wage cut.
Johnson- Get rid, Bye Bye and thanks for nothing Mr Todd.
Lennox-leaning towards Keep as an impact sub/development player for the future.
Purse- Keep, absolutely imperative that we do.
Blanchard- Keep, see above
Williams- Keep as back-up. Not because I huge;y rate him but cause we'll struggle to find better back-up for the wage we'd offer.
Pearce- Unsure, I personally doubt he'll be offered a deal though.
Daley-Let Go Already got a few players of his mould, and despite a mini-revival I still don't think he's all that good.
Harper-Penman-Let Go, too many in his mould and lacks in end product.
Vassell- Keep give him a short-term deal, doesn't have that much technically but seems to have something about him from the games I've witnessed.
Larrieu- Keep as a coach/registered for emergencies on reduced wages.

Walton, Young, Sims, Nelson and Lecointe of the above list are contracted to next season, all of which I am glad that we can Keep. Walton, despite taking a wage cut is still probably on wages disproportionate to our budget so if we get any offers for him I'd seriously consider it but I doubt anyone can match what we're paying him. As for Young, Lecointe and Nelson, as much I'd want to keep them, everyone does have their price and if any higher league clubs made big offers we would have to consider it. I'd also be delighted to keep hold of Wotton and Cole who are under contract.

Players under contract who I'd transfer list/be happy to let go are Hourihane(some people think there's a future for him but I just can't see it), Soukouana and Chadwick.

C

Cameron Millar

devonport singer":q5bv3z18 said:

I know, and people seem to like williams and tsumou who I think are awful

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
I think many are forgetting that:
a) we're not safe yet
b) Tsoumou, MacDnald, Hemmings, Fletcher and Bignot are loanees - we will need to replace all of them.
c) Bhasera may not want to stay.
d) we don't have space in the squad for players who may not "make it".
e) Purse and Wots may have one more season in them but to move up a level (and stay there) we will need to get their replacements in over next season.

Jan 26, 2012
I would like to see us try to sign Tsoumou and MacDonald if possible and then look for back-up for the back 2 i would like to see: Soukouna, Williams, Daley sold as i don't think any are good enough however i would keep Williams if Bhasera goes just incase we cannot replace him.

gil

Feb 22, 2008
Callum Cuzner":ajzlcm84 said:
Jake":ajzlcm84 said:
Callum Cuzner":ajzlcm84 said:
Just like to know the opinions of everyone?
What 5 players would you definitely keep and which 5 you wouldn't?
Keep: Sell:
Berry, Walton( Big contract, free some wages,)
Cole, Williams :furious:
Blanchard, Chadwick
Purse, Larrieu - Coach, awful today
Luke Young Damien Johnson

Add your lists,
:funny: :funny: Are you having a laugh? If you are not you are clueless!
Larrieu pulls off one excellent save that doesn't mean he immediately has a MoM performance he has a job to do including Kicking(shall we not talk about that?) passing out wide to Williams who wasn't looking, and resulting in larrieu scrambling and pulling a player down fortunately not conceding a penalty. :whistle:

Larrieu made a number of good saves without which the end result would have been very different.

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
BadBoy":y65obisb said:
xmastree":y65obisb said:
devonport singer":y65obisb said:

Because they believe the summer signing of Joe Hart is a formality.
Or because besides him being a decent shot stopper he is poor at the bread and butter stuff, he doesn't command his area I personally have no confidence when the ball is in the air his punching is weak and i dont think I' ve seen him catch a cross all season. Happy for him to be backup but we need a better keeper.
'
FFS! This is League Two, if he could do all this "bread and butter" cack you're on about, he wouldn't be playing at this level!
We are League Two - we aren't aiming for the Prem anymore. Open your bloody eyes! People behind me moan because Feeney might not tuck his shot into the top-hand corner. Why do you expect? Get real! Cole's been a gem in this team and we're lucky to have him.

Oct 18, 2011
Anyone who remembers Ro's first few months for us will remember he was a bit dodgy on crosses and "commanding his area" too back then. And as we all know, he went on to become one of the best 'keepers we've ever had.

Ro was 24 when he joined us. Jake Cole is a couple of years older, but still relatively young for a 'keeper at 26 and will learn. I think he's improved this season and has the potential to develop into a really good player for us.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
He's deffently showed enough to remain here next season without question.

Jul 3, 2006
I would like to keep all the on-loan forwards, Macdonald, Tsoumou and Hemmings. They looked a decent front three against Bradford, particularly given that they were relying on a trio of carthorses, Walton, Wotton and Chadwick to get them the ball.

They're all young and will improve a lot over the next couple of years, and are the type of players people want to watch. Plus I reckon we can get them.

I can't imagine Wolves will find a place for Hemmings in their push for promotion to the Premier League.

Macdonald turns 22 this week, but I don't think he has yet started a first team game for Burnley.

Tsoumou doesn't seem to be that highly-rated at Preston (somewhat surprisingly, given how crap they are and that he's looked ok for Argyle, I can't believe they've got anyone much better).

These 3 plus Purse and Blanchard would be my priority. I'd also keep Berry as well. Not that fussed about anyone else, would be good if we could shift the high earners (Bhasera? Walton?) off the wage bill.

Oct 18, 2011
Much as I'd like us to, I can't see us getting Macdonald permanently. Although as far as I know he hasn't started a game at Burnley, his time there has been affected by injury. The fact that he has done well with us won't have gone unnoticed and I think they are likely to give him another season there to prove himself.

Whether Wolves will want to release Hemmings probably will depend on what happens once they are relegated and they will have to cut costs. They have a couple of decent wingers there in Kightly and Jarvis, so if they stay Hemmings will find it difficult to break into the side, and they may look to offload him. However, we may face competition for his signature. Personally, I'm not 100% convinced by him. He obviously has talent, but does seem to "go missing" in games too often. The other day against Hereford, second half I was watching him as he was on the wing closest to where I was stood, and constantly he seemed out of position. Having said that, to contradict myself somewhat, I'd be pleased if we could sign him.

Tsoumou is the most likely of the three to be released. He has a few players ahead of him in the pecking order at Preston (Iain Hume is someone I rate there btw), and don't they have financial problems (or am I just imagining that because Ridsdale went there)? He has something about him, he put in a decent shift against Northampton without much reward, and obviously scored a good goal against Bradford. But, I'm not sure I'd put my faith in him as a first choice, and although I'd welcome us signing him, for me he would be more of a development squad player, and can we afford that?

Jan 12, 2009
We have no chance of keeping MacDonald, he is rated very highly there and was a bit of a favor from Howe to Fletcher that we even got him. He will be in their squad next year i am sure.

I think our current side is good enough for mid table next year easily, if we want to push on for promotion, then we do need a proven 20 goal a season striker, a creative centre midfield and a winger.

If we can get that we have a good chance of play offs.

PAFCJames86":1uzkwa2g said:
We have no chance of keeping MacDonald, he is rated very highly there and was a bit of a favor from Howe to Fletcher that we even got him. He will be in their squad next year i am sure.

I think our current side is good enough for mid table next year easily, if we want to push on for promotion, then we do need a proven 20 goal a season striker, a creative centre midfield and a winger.

If we can get that we have a good chance of play offs.

I'm not sure MacDonald will get into the Burnley team unless they have to sell some players this summer.

They have a lot of good forwards/wingers.

However, if MacDonald was available for transfer/loan in the summer then I could see a league 1 club snapping him up.