Squad For 2012/2013? | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Squad For 2012/2013?

Feb 15, 2005
As has been stated if we do survive then we will be a Div 2 side with a good following that has trouble attracting players to the outpost known as Plymouth. Cole has been good enough for this league and has saved us numerous times this season and should be our number 1. If we can get Blanchard to stay then I think we have enough with Berry, Blanchard, Purse, Bhashera backed up by Nelson, Bignot and Williams. That is the easy bit as the midfield and forward line definitely needs surgery. I can't see the value of Houirhane at this level, Wotton and Walton lack pace, our wide players are too inconsistent. Up front MacDonald is the most lively and looks like he will be back at Burnley. Every team in the land will be looking for a 20 goal striker and so chances are we will struggle to get one however two strikers that can get 12-15 goals a season is probably more realistic but still hard to find.

What we do in the summer will be interesting and defining for the season ahead.

Apr 3, 2010
MacDonald - Loan again next season if possible
Chenoweth - Keep
Tsoumou - Loan ends, however if hes going on a free i'd take him back
Fletcher S - Loan End
Bignot - Loan End
Hemmings - Loan End
Berry - Keep
Copp - Keep
Feeney - Keep
Fletcher C - Keep as Manager
Nelson - Keep
Johnson - Release
Young - Keep
Lennox - Keep
Sims - Keep
Purse - Keep
Walton - keep
Blanchard - Keep
Williams - Keep
Pearce - Keep
Daley - Release
Lecointe - Keep
Harper-Penman - Release
Vassell - Release
Larrieu - Coach/Back up Keeper

Mar 5, 2012
Callum Cuzner":2qk0hrjn said:
Just like to know the opinions of everyone?
What 5 players would you definitely keep and which 5 you wouldn't?
Keep: Sell:
Berry, Walton( Big contract, free some wages,)
Cole, Williams :furious:
Blanchard, Chadwick
Purse, Larrieu - Coach, awful today
Luke Young Damien Johnson

Add your lists,

keep.................. chadwick, purse, blanchard, berry, wotton

get rid of ........ sokouna, walton, daley, feeney & cole

BRING BACK........... DAVID FRIIO

Or is that a new thread??!!

Mar 5, 2012
buck197":bdjqubqx said:
As has been stated if we do survive then we will be a Div 2 side with a good following that has trouble attracting players to the outpost known as Plymouth. Cole has been good enough for this league and has saved us numerous times this season and should be our number 1. If we can get Blanchard to stay then I think we have enough with Berry, Blanchard, Purse, Bhashera backed up by Nelson, Bignot and Williams. That is the easy bit as the midfield and forward line definitely needs surgery. I can't see the value of Houirhane at this level, Wotton and Walton lack pace, our wide players are too inconsistent. Up front MacDonald is the most lively and looks like he will be back at Burnley. Every team in the land will be looking for a 20 goal striker and so chances are we will struggle to get one however two strikers that can get 12-15 goals a season is probably more realistic but still hard to find.

What we do in the summer will be interesting and defining for the season ahead.

mcdonald would be a good starting point and would give us a dozen if not forced out to a wing........

Feb 21, 2011
soccerpilgrim":2qqgzomn said:
BadBoy":2qqgzomn said:
xmastree":2qqgzomn said:
devonport singer":2qqgzomn said:
why do people want to get rid of Cole ? hes been one of our best players.

Because they believe the summer signing of Joe Hart is a formality.
Or because besides him being a decent shot stopper he is poor at the bread and butter stuff, he doesn't command his area I personally have no confidence when the ball is in the air his punching is weak and i dont think I' ve seen him catch a cross all season. Happy for him to be backup but we need a better keeper.
'
FFS! This is League Two, if he could do all this "bread and butter" cack you're on about, he wouldn't be playing at this level!
We are League Two - we aren't aiming for the Prem anymore. Open your bloody eyes! People behind me moan because Feeney might not tuck his shot into the top-hand corner. Why do you expect? Get real! Cole's been a gem in this team and we're lucky to have him.
Absolute rubbish, can't think of many keepers I didn't look at this season and think he's better than Cole, maybe the clown from shrewsbury. He was at barnet annual relegation candidates and then US as we were at our lowest ebb, I thank him for sticking by us in the dark days of no pay etc but a gem your having a laugh.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
I do feel we need a number nine who is a large target and can hold the ball up.

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
BadBoy":2vmkzkhf said:
soccerpilgrim":2vmkzkhf said:
BadBoy":2vmkzkhf said:
xmastree":2vmkzkhf said:
devonport singer":2vmkzkhf said:
why do people want to get rid of Cole ? hes been one of our best players.

Because they believe the summer signing of Joe Hart is a formality.
Or because besides him being a decent shot stopper he is poor at the bread and butter stuff, he doesn't command his area I personally have no confidence when the ball is in the air his punching is weak and i dont think I' ve seen him catch a cross all season. Happy for him to be backup but we need a better keeper.
'
FFS! This is League Two, if he could do all this "bread and butter" cack you're on about, he wouldn't be playing at this level!
We are League Two - we aren't aiming for the Prem anymore. Open your bloody eyes! People behind me moan because Feeney might not tuck his shot into the top-hand corner. Why do you expect? Get real! Cole's been a gem in this team and we're lucky to have him.
Absolute rubbish, can't think of many keepers I didn't look at this season and think he's better than Cole, maybe the clown from shrewsbury. He was at barnet annual relegation candidates and then US as we were at our lowest ebb, I thank him for sticking by us in the dark days of no pay etc but a gem your having a laugh.

Chris Neal is one of the best keepers in the division as far as I'm concerned. Only conceded 3 goals in the last 8 matches. He's kept 18 clean sheets this season in total. By the way, Chris Neal is the supposed "Shrewsbury clown". There are definitely other keepers in the division I'd pick over Jake Cole, but those are the keepers whose clubs are in the promotion fight. Why would they just quit their club to come down and fight for 1st Choice keeper against two decent goalkeepers anyway? Also, I couldn't care whether Barnet are relegation favourites every season or not. There's 10 others players on the field which also impact on League results. I think Jake's here long term, regardless of what tosh you come up with.

Mar 23, 2008
Suprised theres conjecture regarding Jake Cole. Hes a very capable goalie at this level, not perfect but if he was he wouldnt even be at this level. Him and the back four with Wottsy in front is a hell of s solid base to build from.

Jun 26, 2006
I suspect that we will have to reduce squad numbers considerably . The programme at last saturdays match had a total squad size of 32 ?? . Thats definitely unsustainable and innappropriate for our position as well as making it difficult for a coach to work with . I suspect a squad with 20 players maximum will be more the target .Have a look at the players we definitely will have on the books and decide from there which positions need filling . Initially that will have to be " our " players . Loan signings being used when required only . Remember we will be operating under very very strict financial control . I firmly believe that our wage bill budget for next season will probably be no more than £1.2m .
Therefore bare bones of the squad Cole , Chenoweth , Berry , Purse , Blanchard , Nelson , Bhasera , Williams ,Young , Walton , Wotton , Copp , Lennox , Sims , Le Cointe , Feeney , Chadwick ( That makes 17 ) Suggest that CF and RL retain player status and try to maintain fitness to provide emergency cover .

A

AB92

GET RID OF THAT USELESS BALL BAG WILLIAMS. :furious:

That be all.

Nov 22, 2006
Cole/Chenoweth

Berry/New RB (Bignot ?) Purse/Nelson Blanchard/Soukouna Williams

Lennox/Young Wotton/Walton New AM/Hourihane Bhasera/New Winger

CF/Lecointe Chadwick/Feeney

D

Dan Pearce

Keep the solid foundation in Cole, Purse, Blanch, Berry, Bhas, Wotton, Walton, Chadwick, then start in the transfer market from there. I think Hemmings could be a possiblity as a permanent signing. Then I'd like to see a really good left back, a right winger, left winger, and at least 2 good strikers. I don't think we need another summer of complete rebuilding but the core is there maybe keep players like lennox, feeney, williams as back up but we need to improve the first team we have to the standard of players like Purse and Blanchard

Jun 24, 2008
Dan Pearce":34wtmo6x said:
Keep the solid foundation in Cole, Purse, Blanch, Berry, Bhas, Wotton, Walton, Chadwick, then start in the transfer market from there. I think Hemmings could be a possiblity as a permanent signing. Then I'd like to see a really good left back, a right winger, left winger, and at least 2 good strikers. I don't think we need another summer of complete rebuilding but the core is there maybe keep players like lennox, feeney, williams as back up but we need to improve the first team we have to the standard of players like Purse and Blanchard

I agree however i feel we should only keep either chadwick or feeney. Im not convinced that either are good enough yet, Im happy with the effort from defense and through the center just about, its just attacking options like you've pointed out. I feel Macdonald must be set for a move away to league 1/2 next season cause i don't particularly think his overall game is good enough for burnleys level despite his age. I would like to see him stay but my key concerns would lie in bringing in a technical finisher and attacking midfielder who can cover both central and wide positions. I would also like Steve Fletcher to stay on in a coaching/playing role cause i like the look of him and like the idea of keeping the whole fletch/fletch/larrieu rookieness cause it works. It feels somewhat fresh and exciting and i think its what we need.

C

Colonel Kurtz

Keep:

Cole, Purse, Blanchard, Bhasera, Nelson, Young, Pearce, Richards, Sims, Lecointe, Hourihane (still not sure though), Chadwick (but again dodgy because of his injury record). The young lads could do with loan spells.

The rest I'd release, move on, let their contract run down etc. Also would prefer a new manager/backroom staff. We desperately need to improve our midfield and attack. They can shut up shop, but they barely create, and when we do can't hit the target. Due to the defensive nature our wingers have been the only outlet and they've been poor. Our strikers hardly make opposition defenses scared. It seems far too comfortable keeping our forwards quiet as everything comes from the side or high down the middle.

Either way next season is still going to be a rebuilding one. Can't see us going up or even threating the play-offs with the majority of this squad. We're not going to be buying players, so it's going to be down to some good scouting, trials and badgering 'contacts'. Deehan will have his work cut-out too.

Apr 9, 2011
MrP20":geo8eftk said:
Keep ;

Cole, Chenowerth, Larrieu

Berry, Blanchard, Purse, Williams, Nelson,

Soukouna, Young, Walton, Wotton, Hourihane, Bhasera

Sims, Feeney, Chadwick.

I'd like to keep Macdonald and Tsomou ( although both unlikely).

Daley and D Johnson can jog on

Keep Tsoumou you are joking. Every time i ve seen him he has been awful he plumbed new depths against Aldershot.The only way Walton will remain is if he takes a massive wage cut. Be interesting that one.
Jury still out on Chadwick see he is injured AGAIN.

We need another defender, 3 midfielders , and another striker.

i'm assuiming LeCointe will still be here and other youth players i.e Richard etc.