Spanish F.A boss | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Spanish F.A boss

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
I missed that. Did he do it soon after or just recently? If soon after then I think I'm with ' mother' .
11 days ago. I forget how long after that was of this kicking off, but this thread is only 6 days old.

Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
Not scared of any positive societal changes Micky D. But the idea that women have it worse than men in 2023 - whether in terms of football or unwanted attraction (let alone suicide or homelessness or access to kids or abuse or war, or whatever, is a matter for huge and sensible debate).
I think the Spanish FA situation has been blown out of all sensible proportion. If the guy had any sense he'd have just held his hands up , admitted he got carried away in the emotion of it all, apologised for behaving inappropriately and that should have been it, IMO. He didn't though and , in that respect, he has lost the respect needed to stay in the job - IMO.
A pity though MickyD- I actually thought that, as a middle aged male, I was entitled to grope young women at will, moreover that they should actually be glad of my attention... until your post shattered my delusion. I will, no doubt , be resentful of that.
In case your post is aimed at mine - could just be coincidence it followed mine, of course, I don't think 'women are as bad as men in every respect' - if you read the post you would see I stated that (according to research) men are about half as likely to have been sexually assaulted by women as vice versa.
However, to make this incident (a) overshadow the team success and (b) a battle of the sexes is unfortunate and unnecessarily divisive IMO. It's just one bloke behaving inappropriately, in full public view, with one women... well pretty much the whole team to be fair !
The equivalent would be for the whole Virtue Signalling world to go on strike because a male footballer was falsely accused of rape - 'this must NEVER happen again' .. 'see what men have to face from women' .. 'how much longer must male footballers have their lives shattered by dishonest golddiggers' .. blah blah ..but that ain't gonna happen is it. Which is good. But it would also be good if this case didn't become some perverted exercise in male bashing.
My post happened to follow yours but my comments were actually quite general.

That's me out again, because there were good reasons why the mods dumped Opinions. Threads were never-ending.

Jul 29, 2010
He did actually hold his hands up and apologise....
Thing is though that's not nearly good enough in these angry mob witch hunt day is it. That's not a satisfying enough outcome, its forbidden to just 'move on'.

The target has to be seen to be punished, has to be seen to fall from grace.

It wasn't so long ago that we used to laugh at the silly Far East business culture of resigning whilst getting down on their hands and knees and begging for forgiveness if their company failed in some even small way. It was a throwback to the Samurai code of honour... not that many generations back they'd have got the 'cutlery' out and 'ended their shame'.

But this pitchfork wielding mob pile-on mentality that has gradually crept into soppy Western culture isn't a million miles off.

He made a mistake so an apology isn't enough anymore, he simply MUST go. That is the 'law' of the world we now live in. He resigns, we have a day of discussing it then society moves back to looking for the next target of righteous indignation.

Its like what now happens when some horrible murder occurs. The media is there dilligently reporting the investigation and trial. Scumbag gets potted, well done everyone, tea and medals all round right?

No, we can't allow that, there has to be someone else to blame too. Because now not even pausing for breath after reporting the verdict comes this... "questions now turn as to why 'X' wasn't caught quicker, could've be prevented if social services/police/probation/the courts had only done 'Y'.

The murderer gets quietly forgotten about and the bandwagon moves on to whichever establishment figure/department 'failed'. They get hounded more vigorously than the murderer was for what ultimately is only ever an honest mistake or a oversight due to a massive overload of cases. But no, someone has to get sacked or resign before the lust of the mob is sated...

...aaand repeat with the next target :rolleyes:

Aug 6, 2023
So, he apologised. An admission what he did was wrong. Should have apologised sooner and it would have prevented the furore.

Jul 29, 2010
So, he apologised. An admission what he did was wrong. Should have apologised sooner and it would have prevented the furore.
No, it wouldn't have prevented anything... its simply not good enough because he's a horrible beastly misogynist and must be cancelled.

I see it this way, for every Weinstien and Cosby you get a Spacey... so far found not guilty at trial in every single court case he has faced. Yet he's cancelled nonetheless, airbrushed from the world, never to work again.

If there's any whiff of naughtiness they cancel first, investigate and put on trial later... or even not at all.

Rubiales is no different they who shout loudest and their mouthpiece the media can't allow him to exist in 'their' world.

Reactions: GreenThing
Aug 6, 2023
No, it wouldn't have prevented anything... its simply not good enough because he's a horrible beastly misogynist and must be cancelled.

I see it this way, for every Weinstien and Cosby you get a Spacey... so far found not guilty at trial in every single court case he has faced. Yet he's cancelled nonetheless, airbrushed from the world, never to work again.

If there's any whiff of naughtiness they cancel first, investigate and put on trial later... or even not at all.

Rubiales is no different they who shout loudest and their mouthpiece the media can't allow him to exist in 'their' world.
Kevin Spacey's latest film "Control" will be out in USA and UK in December. Voice only part.

Apr 16, 2016
According to Daz, Rubiales did apologise quickly.
My concern is that I wasn't even aware of that -despite all the discussions I've heard on it - whether on Jeremy Vine Radio 2 or news reports or whatever. I might have memory retention issues. Or the media could be failing to provide balanced reports.

Reactions: X Isle
Aug 6, 2023
According to Daz, Rubiales did apologise quickly.
My concern is that I wasn't even aware of that -despite all the discussions I've heard on it - whether on Jeremy Vine Radio 2 or news reports or whatever. I might have memory retention issues. Or the media could be failing to provide balanced reports.
You may well be right. It wouldn't be the first time the media brainwashed the country on an issue and won't be the last.

Jul 29, 2010
Kevin Spacey's latest film "Control" will be out in USA and UK in December. Voice only part.
'Multi Oscar winner gets sound both work'... hardly negates the point does it :ROFLMAO:

Like many have said (and some have actually managed to do ;)) I'm stepping off this one. Made my point that there's more sinister forces at work here than one inappropriate middle aged man, don't need to labour it, just keep your eyes open to how the 'game' plays out when the next target gets identified.