Spanish F.A boss | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Spanish F.A boss

Mar 11, 2021
Tavistock
Reprehensible behaviour grabbing his balls next to their royal family. Kissing that player forcefully.

He needs to go. Rubiales has shown a distinct lack of class and morals.

He's untouchable in the hierarchy of Spanish f.a so FIFA should intervene but I doubt binfantino will raise a finger - I thought he'd be a new broom. How wrong I was...

Nov 13, 2006
Plympton St M
There’s a lot going on here, but bottom line I cannot see how he stays. Utterly unacceptable. There is the groin grab, what he said about inviting them to Ibiza in the changing rooms and that kiss/sexual assault. I bet there is more to come out.

The various things that seem to be going on:
1. Hermoso has made clear that she did not consent, and that the Spanish FA made up the supporting statement she made. Further, that behind the scenes the Spanish FA have brought pressure to bear.
2. The Spanish FA have gone all-in supporting Rubiales threatening to sue Hermoso for her lies.
3. 79 Spanish women players have signed a letter saying they won’t play for the national team until Rubiales is gone.
4. The Spanish FA are threatening to sue the 79 players saying essentially that if chosen they have no legal alternative than to play for the national side.
5. The Spanish government seem to be saying that as their FA are doubling down they will sort it out and get rid of Rubiales. This could bring them into conflict with FIFA who I am pretty sure have a blanket policy against Government interference.
6. Possibly the most significant development is that a small number of male players say they won’t play for the national side until he has gone. The Gary Lineker effect if it gains momentum could prove key in the court of public opinion.
All of this machismo/sexism undermines what should be a great memory of the success of the Spanish team, many of whom were not there because of the prior antics of this man. Football and Spain are the losers here. Hopefully Rubiales and the other dinosaurs will be gone soon.

Reactions: Ave IT and Andy B.
Nov 13, 2006
Plympton St M
Not sure Spanish FA can remove him. But I believe there is talk of legal moves re the assault
You may well be right, what I am saying is that they are recorded as saying they will sort it. And I note that this may bring FIFA into the equation, quite possibly on Rubiales side on the grounds of no Government interference in football governance.

Reactions: Andy B.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Aug 17, 2005
Have just rewatched the complete presentation and a few points I picked up on. Every woman was cuddles by members of the line of dignitaries with some being given pecks on the cheeks. This included man on man and woman on woman. The only difference in his actions to every other person was rhat he kissed her on the lips. He has been stupid he should have come out with an apology and stated that it was excitement of the moment.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
I’ve not commented on this one as I didn’t fancy a big long discussion that’s probably not for pasoti, but from the video I saw at the time it was a completely inappropriate way for the players and him to act on a medal giving ceremony. I thought it was ott and disrespectful, but the Spanish are passionate people, so who cares about that really? They’ve just won the World Cup. Then the complaints about the kiss came out which I thought was a bit odd as they were all willing participants in bear hugs and kisses and carried on celebrating on the pitch and with the president.

The new video released of the team and Hermoso on the bus laughing about the memes and singing ‘kiss kiss’ to the president when he gets on shows a side that backs up his version of events and how feelings were. It looks to me that no one was bothered about the hugging and kissing on the pitch at the time and they weren’t hours after either - they all laughed when he said stop it you're making me blush.

There was a big fall out before the World Cup between the players and the management team with 15 players refusing to play. It looks to me like the Hermoso incident is being used to get rid of the management team. When I read things like ‘sexual assault’ and ‘sex abuse’ I really do fear for what social media can do to peoples lives.

A kiss is a funny thing, Gary Neville did exactly the same to Paul Scholes, did he ask him? No. I watched love Island on TV this year and I can't remember one girl or boy asking if they could kiss each other, they just knew whether it was going to be responded to in a positive way. I can remember one girl saying she didn't want to when one lad went in for the kiss (everyone could see it was going to happen as well) and the boy was fine with that (other than his embarrassment). I'm glad I didn't have to ask my wife for permission to kiss her when we first met, I'd still be trying to work out the words. People go in for kisses because they feel at the time that they are able to do so.

The Spanish president was feeling at the time that he was able to do it due to the celebrations, it was as inappropriate as all the bear hugs that the players were doing in my opinion. Certainly not sexual assault. Sorry to disagree with so many on it.

Jul 29, 2010
Agreed @Daz it wasn't right but the fuss ever since is off the chart crazy.

It's the world we live in sadly, once a media bandwagon starts up, especially to do with an '...ism' a '...phobia' or a '...ogeny', it doesn't stop until the focus falls on their sword or gets ousted.

The evolution of gender goes back to the first complex cellular organisms, millions if not billions of years, millions of generations. Gender roles and behaviours are hardwired into every species.

Yet in the space of just a couple of human generations some of it's norms have become criminalised.

He shouldn't have done it, he should've resigned and until he goes this pantomime will roll on and on.

Reactions: greenpig27 and Daz
Aug 6, 2023
He was stupid enough, or arrogant enough, to think he could abuse his position of power and do just as he pleased knowing full well it was all going to be filmed and live on tv. I was watching and thought at the time "the kiss" was inappropriate particularly the way he held her so she couldn't get away. If there were no repercussions for him it would give signals to any woman (or man) receiving an award that it would be acceptable if they received the same method of congratulations. Think of your daughters (or sons) if they play any sport and would you want this to happen to them?