Spanish F.A boss | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Spanish F.A boss

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Absolutely. Totally different context.
No, it isn't. He clearly believed at the time that due to all the hugging and kissing happening on the stage that he would be able to kiss her and that's why he did it. She did not pull away, she laughed about it and then continued laughing about it hours later on the team bus with her team mates which indicates to me that he was right. The whole team and him were inappropriate throughout the presentation.

The love island example does come in to it as the example I gave where the girl said no was driven by the boy thinking he could kiss her within a day or so of getting to know her. He thought that he could because he and others in the villa had previously been kissing girls within a day (or girls kissing boys also), and that it was appropriate. The TV audience could see that he was going to be knocked back before it happened.

Jan 27, 2012
Would there have been any fuss made if it were the other way around?
ie) the woman footballer kissed the Spanish FA fella.

Sep 6, 2006
No, it isn't. He clearly believed at the time that due to all the hugging and kissing happening on the stage that he would be able to kiss her and that's why he did it. She did not pull away, she laughed about it and then continued laughing about it hours later on the team bus with her team mates which indicates to me that he was right. The whole team and him were inappropriate throughout the presentation.

The love island example does come in to it as the example I gave where the girl said no was driven by the boy thinking he could kiss her within a day or so of getting to know her. He thought that he could because he and others in the villa had previously been kissing girls within a day (or girls kissing boys also), and that it was appropriate. The TV audience could see that he was going to be knocked back before it happened.
I'm very surprised you can't see the power differential. Perhaps coming from a white male (middle class?) background yourself. Even more surprised you watch Love Island!
He thought he could kiss her (on the lips) because he was entitled to. Have you ever been kissed on the lips without consent? She hardly had time to pull away and felt disempowered from doing so anyway

Reactions: pafcprogs

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
I'm very surprised you can't see the power differential. Perhaps coming from a white male (middle class?) background yourself. Even more surprised you watch Love Island!
He thought he could kiss her (on the lips) because he was entitled to. Have you ever been kissed on the lips without consent? She hardly had time to pull away and felt disempowered from doing so anyway
BG, I think it was all inappropriate from the players and him. There wasn't a power issue when they were jumping on him to bear hug him and lift him off the ground at the cermoney or when they were singing to him 'kiss, kiss' on the bus after.

As for your question, many a girl has tried and been knocked back by a younger Daz I can tell you. ;)

Sep 6, 2006
BG, I think it was all inappropriate from the players and him. There wasn't a power issue when they were jumping on him to bear hug him and lift him off the ground at the cermoney or when they were singing to him 'kiss, kiss' on the bus after.

As for your question, many a girl has tried and been knocked back by a younger Daz I can tell you. ;)
Lifting him off the ground has been disproven I think. He was on a higher stage. Another example of the power differential!

Belfast Green

🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪
Jam First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 23, 2017
Belfast
Agree with Daz and X Isle.

Whilst unprofessional, I do think it has been blown out of proportion.

100% when we won the league in 2004 I was kissed and hugged and lifted in the air by a bloke about 30 years older than me when I was 15.

Raw emotion.
Not a sex offender.
Both of these observations are completely blind to the issue of sexism and its impact

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Lifting him off the ground has been disproven I think. He was on a higher stage. Another example of the power differential!
He was not on a higher stage, another player lifted him up not the one he kissed.

Apr 16, 2016
Of course there wouldn't. Certain ' issues' are particularly in vogue and therefore particularly attractive for virtue signalling disapproval , often led by celebrity outrage, and others issues just aren't.
Of course the Spanish FA guy wen't over the top - my wife and I were cringing throughout at his 'opportunism' - we've all met people like it in our lives and these include females.
Just one example - a female man city fan sexually assaulted a man at a game last year in a way that , had it been a man, a jail term might well have ensued. She ' got away with it' (with a community order) as do many female nightclub gropers. Men do grope about twice as often though.
I think sexism is rife in that men are expected to accept it more than women and are generally ostracised should they report any type of female assault.

Reactions: GreenThing
Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
I think you'll find...

I think you'll find that this weird Spanish bird stuff actually has a very simple resolution, which I find works perfectly in any situation - depressingly common for me these days - in which I find myself scared and resentful of major political and societal changes over which I have no individual control but which I have a vague feeling will destroy my assumed lifelong entitlements.

Just say...

THEY'RE ALL AS BAD AS EACH OTHER!

See? Sorted. Women are as bad as men in every respect, so all this fuss is meaningless and silly. Works just as well in general politics too, I find.

Now - can we please return to the status quo? That's my safe space.

Last edited:

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch

I recently considered applying for a part-time role to keep me engaged in retirement. It was with a public sector organisation and the blurb ended by saying that as they are an inclusive organisation they would ‘particularly welcome applications from disabled people, LGBT+ people, people from ethnic minority communities and people aged under 50.’

Power differential?? Carefully worded discrimination IMO.

Anyway, it was inappropriate in my opinion, but the ridiculous over reaction has taken all attention away from the tournament and women’s football in general. Oh well …

Reactions: X Isle
Apr 16, 2016
I think you'll find...

I think you'll find that this weird Spanish bird stuff actually has a very simple resolution, which I find works perfectly in any situation - depressingly common for me these days - in which I find myself scared and resentful of major political and societal changes over which I have no individual control but which I have a vague feeling will destroy my assumed lifelong entitlements.

Just say...

THEY'RE ALL AS BAD AS EACH OTHER!

See? Sorted. Women are as bad as men in every respect, so all this fuss is meaningless and silly. Works just as well in general politics too, I find.

Now - can we please return to the status quo? That's my safe space.
Not scared of any positive societal changes Micky D. But the idea that women have it worse than men in 2023 - whether in terms of football or unwanted attraction (let alone suicide or homelessness or access to kids or abuse or war, or whatever, is a matter for huge and sensible debate).
I think the Spanish FA situation has been blown out of all sensible proportion. If the guy had any sense he'd have just held his hands up , admitted he got carried away in the emotion of it all, apologised for behaving inappropriately and that should have been it, IMO. He didn't though and , in that respect, he has lost the respect needed to stay in the job - IMO.
A pity though MickyD- I actually thought that, as a middle aged male, I was entitled to grope young women at will, moreover that they should actually be glad of my attention... until your post shattered my delusion. I will, no doubt , be resentful of that.
In case your post is aimed at mine - could just be coincidence it followed mine, of course, I don't think 'women are as bad as men in every respect' - if you read the post you would see I stated that (according to research) men are about half as likely to have been sexually assaulted by women as vice versa.
However, to make this incident (a) overshadow the team success and (b) a battle of the sexes is unfortunate and unnecessarily divisive IMO. It's just one bloke behaving inappropriately, in full public view, with one women... well pretty much the whole team to be fair !
The equivalent would be for the whole Virtue Signalling world to go on strike because a male footballer was falsely accused of rape - 'this must NEVER happen again' .. 'see what men have to face from women' .. 'how much longer must male footballers have their lives shattered by dishonest golddiggers' .. blah blah ..but that ain't gonna happen is it. Which is good. But it would also be good if this case didn't become some perverted exercise in male bashing.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
He did actually hold his hands up and apologise.

I wonder what the reaction in Spain will be to Mason Greenwood signing for a Spanish club. I’m sure there will be protests and players refusing to play.

Very messy.